Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:49 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This past December I visited Stonehenge and it really was amazing. I know that we could replicate that today with our modern machinery but it is amazing to consider the time and dedication that it took to erect it.

Wouldn't it be great if we could hop in a time machine and go back to see how and why ancient man did some of the things they did.
You know what? I read somewhere that the work day of the standard ancient man in the hunter gatherer societies was only 2 or 3 hours a day. That leave's a lot of leasure time.
Now ancient Egypt was an agricultural society but it was all based on the cycle of The Nile floods. When the nile flooded, the "inundation" - which was three or four months of the year back then - no on could work out in the fields. All they had was time and when some dude says "hey, let's go build a massive stone monument" - then, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

Yes exactly. Slaves bronze picks sdelali.I still it is not soft limestone and pink granite, on which blunts and carbide tools, diamond bits so quickly worn down.
But this is undoubtedly a crowd of people Dalby Dalby and behold, stone dragon teeth into a couple of thousands of tons, and then pavernoe him on a stretcher, but through the rocks. Yes.
)))

Old 02-13-2017, 02:00 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You know what? I read somewhere that the work day of the standard ancient man in the hunter gatherer societies was only 2 or 3 hours a day. That leave's a lot of leasure time.
Now ancient Egypt was an agricultural society but it was all based on the cycle of The Nile floods. When the nile flooded, the "inundation" - which was three or four months of the year back then - no on could work out in the fields. All they had was time and when some dude says "hey, let's go build a massive stone monument" - then, why not?
Plus they got plenty of bread and beer -- and if they were supervisors, they got a LOT of beer!

BBC - History - Ancient History in depth: The Private Lives of the Pyramid-builders

Regarding hunter-gatherers, "...The life of the typical hunter-gatherer looks a lot like your life and mine when we are on vacation at a camp with friends..." Source:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s-work-is-play

Old 02-17-2017, 12:42 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
I dont know how archeologists arrive at their assertions because it seems to me that they make something up and then see if it catches on and is carried along by others. There are still a lot of arguments about certain unpopular or controversial theories - such as ancient aliens and giants for example.

Perhaps we should use remote viewing to look at that time to see exactly how it was done. If it was good enough for the CIA to use it for spying, then it is good enough for archeologists to use to give them ideas about the past. The CIA used it for some time and spent a lot of money on it, but of course the idea will not go down well with certain people on here. Not scientific enough.

We are still talking about the pyramids in Egypt but there are many other sites where unexplained anomalies exist.

Ds714 - thanks for the link to NOVA. Personally, I think we have lost some technologies which the ancients used to help them build these things. I think Tesla was on the right track with his aether experiments.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,922,227 times
Roman Cement and Greek Fire.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont know how archeologists arrive at their assertions because it seems to me that they make something up and then see if it catches on and is carried along by others. There are still a lot of arguments about certain unpopular or controversial theories - such as ancient aliens and giants for example.
Perhaps you should find out before buying in to the ancient aliens theory. Archaeologists do not just "make something up." This guy on the other hand ...

Old 02-17-2017, 07:43 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,922,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Perhaps you should find out before buying in to the ancient aliens theory. Archaeologists do not just "make something up." This guy on the other hand ...
This is what happens when the general public believe that the History Channel and conspiracy websites are credibe sources.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:51 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
This is what happens when the general public believe that the History Channel and conspiracy websites are credibe sources.
People who express skepticism on this forum and present arguments or evidence the conspiracy crowd doesn't want to hear have been accused of being government plants -- myself included. I wish -- then at least I'd be getting a paycheck for posting here.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
I understood that humans always had a suture down the centre of the top of the skull. Some elongated skulls found do not have this feature. Images of ancient egyptians often have headdresses which appear accomodate this type of head shape.

What evidence is there for many explanations for the uses of artifacts found from digs which are dated to many thousands of years ago before written records exist? How does anyone know what an artifact was used for when all of the people have died out?

Old 02-18-2017, 07:24 PM

126 posts, read 208,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Hmmmm - Pyramids and Machu Picchu can be recreated with modern construction methods. We know the basics of how they created them. No mystery there...who or what have you been reading? People forget that ancient man, even in 3,000 BC, was very adapt at mathematical tools and architectural calculations - all it took was massive manpower.

Damascus Sword forging methods are lost to time, but no big deal since modern steel outperforms it in terms of strength and sharpness.

Ancient Egyptians apparently have a beer recipe that was lost to time as well - my hobby is home brewing, I would really like to see that.

LOL no, The Egyptians Pyramids were built with sold stone and cut with laser accuracy.

We today cannot do it. Making a poor copy with drywall and plexiglass isn't really making it. The Egyptians pyraminds is still standing after Thousands of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal