U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:00 PM

719 posts, read 812,347 times

Advertisements

anyone ever see any ghosts at Gettysburg?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 08:47 PM

29,423 posts, read 28,461,635 times
No. It was quite busy both times I was there.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:08 AM

5,170 posts, read 3,647,002 times
I have been there a few times and nothing. I have been in there in the evening and nothing. It is a beautiful area and I like it though. Same with Antietam, Manassas and Fredericksburg.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:18 PM

68,469 posts, read 63,726,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
anyone ever see any ghosts at Gettysburg?
Supposedly my friend's neighbor's kid sees spirits, and he would not go into the Jennie Wade house because there were too many in there. In another building he kept telling someone to stop following him. He said it was a little kid.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:04 PM

4,086 posts, read 3,904,302 times
When the ghost adventures guys were there, they went to a rail-yard and saw spirits. There is a hotel that backs up to the area. Could easily wander into small rail-yard at night and see what you could find.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:27 PM

248 posts, read 293,375 times
I had one of the most stunning experiences of my life at Gettysburg. In 1963 my family drove during Easter vacation from upstate NY down to Florida and stopped at Gettysburg. Being a 9 year old girl, the last thing I wanted to do was get out of the car and walk around a 'stupid battlefield' - but my father made me get out and walk around after the long drive. I was tired of being stuck in the car with my 4 brothers and I went one way, they all went the other. I crossed the parking lot, pushed through some bushes and there was a line of very old trees with a clearing past that.

I noticed that the old trees all had bullet hole scars in them, hundreds of them! I touched one of the bullet hole scars and at that moment, the clear blue sky, high noon day was replaced by a gray fog that was hard to see through, and I could hear screaming, shouting, gunfire, booms and people running with gear on. I could see soldiers in the fog but only vaguely. I could smell gunpowder. The whole thing lasted long enough for me to blink, blink again and yet again - hoping it would go away, probably 45 seconds or so. I realized years later, it ended when I took my hand off the tree. Badly shaken, I walked back to the car, waited for my family to return and never told anyone what happened for decades.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:24 PM

68,469 posts, read 63,726,247 times
^The tree was telling you what happened there.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 AM

325 posts, read 250,618 times
Last time I was at the Gettysburg battlefield I heard what sounded like a re-actment though I didn't see any there, and faint sounds of cannon fire, but no ghosts. But I think I saw a ghost at the Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield in VA within in an area where a family lived at a farm just before the civil war.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:12 AM

5,170 posts, read 3,647,002 times
I was there for the 135th Anniversary Reenactment.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:45 AM

260 posts, read 359,502 times
One time I was on a field with the red barn about a mile away, and my sister asks me "do you smell that?" Then I sniffed and it smelled very strongly like cinnamon rolls! There was almost no one else around, certainly no one eating/cooking. The red barn was too far away to have anything "waft on the breeze" toward us. It was pretty strong. A rather silly tale but that was my ghost experience. I live near Shiloh with no ghost activity and plan on going back to Gettysburg this year. What an amazing place- it's what got me interested in the Civil War! It's amazing how boring it seems when you read about something in a book vs. actually seeing how they lived in real life. Thank you Civil War reenactors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal