Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 06:24 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,737,906 times

Advertisements

Do you know someone who is psychic that predicted something about you or someone else?

What was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
This is not exactly what you are asking for, but it is the most psychic experience I have had. About 6 years ago, I had a very weird dream and told my hubby about it in the morning. Poor guy has to hear all my weird dream stories. Anyway, I dreamed of my father. He and I had not seen each other or spoken in over 4 years. He was in a memory care ward clear across the country, with advanced Alzheimer's disease. I hadn't spoken to my step mom in over a year. We had never been close, and my dad and I were not close. He divorced my mom when I was a small child and we had few visits.

In my dream, my father pulls up in front of my house in an old, vintage car. He rolls down the window and says to me "There's so much I have to tell you, but now there's no time." I am confused because he has just arrived and says there's no time, then he rolls up the window and drives slowly away. End of dream, and I wake up.

About 3 days later my step brother's wife (whom I've never met or spoken to) calls me to tell me that my dad is suffering kidney failure and is not expected to live long. In another couple days, we get the call that he has passed away.

I feel that somehow, whatever was left of my dad's spirit reached out to me before his passing and that he had something to say. Unfortunately, I'll never know the unfinished business he wanted to relate. I suspect what it may be, and I have the means to determine the answer, but I just don't know if I will pursue it. Some things are, perhaps, better left alone.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Not psychic, perhaps a premonition, but I had a dream that a relative who was not in ill health died, and three days later got a call informing me that he died.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:47 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Once again..Most Psychic proclamations has been unfortunately categorized...as Many actually possess gifts..and do NOT necessarily understand them I happen to more "Empathic" than psychic..but for some reason those who I have touched after claim various things..Like I read their mind..or I knew EXACTLY what they were feeling..or worse..I "Knew for more than I was saying"~ which is totally wrong ( from my perspective)

I cannot explain it..but as a "Caregiver" I sensed stress/fear/anger/denials in many patients. I never knew why in any case ( thus not a mind reader nor psychic) however, it enabled me to open a dialogue with them..Often as simple asking "How are you doing?..you seems sad, angry, afraid..then followup with> How can I help? would open that door a crack...which lead to> most times these people often sought my presence..would talk my ear off..which helped me "Understand" their particular "Why's and Wherefore's"

In the end I found personally much fulfillment in my 45 + year career..and consider myself "Blessed" to have such a gift

Abilities of insights..sense other's feelings..feel their pain,fear,angers which did drain my "Yang" thus mostly felt exhausted mentally after many shifts..I tended to try and re-balance using meditation...as IF I didn't..found it difficult to fall asleep..thus unable to get the rest necessary....SO it didn't take me long ( about a year into my 45 yr career) to get into a wonderful routine prior to sleeping after an exhausting shift!

Intersting link that explains it~~

Psychic Advice :: PSYCHIC EMPATHIC TRAITS

Last edited by Lyndarn; 05-21-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 05-21-2016, 04:47 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Went to lunch with a client, and during lunch she told me was psychic. She told me that I thought was worst was over in our marriage, but I was wrong. It was the eye of the storm. Things were going to get ugly again, for some time, but to hold strong and all would be well.

She was right. And she was the only person who told me to hold on. Exactly what I wanted to do. Every one else who ventured an unwanted opinion, was saying bail on the marriage. A sane person probably would have.

Nearly twenty years later, I am so glad I listened to myself, and she backed me up.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,584 times
I have small incidents, often. I would tell my grandmother and she'd say, "Oh it runs in the family, dear!" I snickered at her then but sometimes it's very real for me.
They aren't big, but big enough for me to say, "Hoy crap"
When I was younger my uncle hid a lot of money in his home and no one could find it after. I then had a dream, about a space in the wall, specifically in the living room by the computer. I talked to my brother and he was astonished to have had the same dream. A few years later when the house was being torn down, they found the money in that exact spot.
It could have been a hyper-observation when I think about it.
Later on I dreamt of a home. It was weird because there were many small doors. I called my grandmother up who had just moved (She was in another state) And described to her, her house in detail. Every room. It was a very strange feeling, but again, useless!
I also have a weird..sensation. When I am near sick people. Is this normal?
For example, when I am in the grocery store and I walk by someone who looks completely normal, I feel black from them. I just feel a wave of black. I immediately know they are sick and sometimes I can feel where. I remember walking by a woman who was just radiating black. And I knew immediately that something was wrong with her lungs. Its hard to explain.
Another odd thing I experience that i thought was normal: I lucid dream every night. Ive heard its not good for you too.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:14 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
The phone was ringing, and before anyone answered it, a voice said "grandpa is dead".
My mom answered the phone but no one was there. About 5 minutes later, phone rings again. My grandmother had called the first time but hung up by the time my mom got to it.
Grandma was calling to say that grandpa had a heart attack and did not make it.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:53 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
For a while, I had a friend who was intuitive. She told me lots of things about myself that came true.

For example, we were discussing that TV show "Medium". Allison DuBois is apparently good at picking up medical problems from other people. I told my intuitive friend that if she ever picked up something from me, I want to know. She then said she saw me having a problem with my liver. That surprised me as I never did anything to abuse my liver. Sure enough, a few years later, the doctor did a blood workup on me and told me that my liver function range was not in the normal zone. The outcome wasn't bad. I saw a gastroenterologist who told me that my test results weren't in the range to cause alarm. I was prescribed a medication to help and since then, all is well.

Years ago, I had my tea leaves read. The first thing the reader said to me was "You have a stereo with only one speaker working". Well...I had a friend with me and her jaw just about hit the floor, because it was true! He also told me that I would get married in 3 years. I hadn't met my husband at the time but sure enough 3 years later we got married.

One thing I used to hear when I would have any readings --- I was going to have 3 kids, 2 of them would be twins. I ended up having one child but...she was the one who had 3 kids with 2 of them being twins!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:29 PM

866 posts, read 629,368 times
Default Not smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Do you know someone who is psychic that predicted something about you or someone else?

What was it?
My late wife was psychic and I've had a few readings here and there but I realized that it's not smart to live my life based on "predictions" and forecasts. I have had some predictions come true and some not but, when I tried to live with a prediction, it ALWAYS caused problems and fear! I am sort of a timid, needy guy who would love to have someone telling me what's coming next BUT it's a sucky and frightening way to live so I decided to just take my chances and go into life BLIND but in faith rather than armed with predictions and forecasts. Life is a lot more fun and interesting WITHOUT predictions that are often false anyway. I stopped bugging my gifted wife for predictions shortly after we got married and she never dumped predictions on me while still here. The best use of a Psychic or Reader is to have a talk with a departed loved one who is over in the Afterlife but NOT to get info on what's going to happen next! I'll be bong to a Reader shortly to talk with my just crossed over brother as soon as he is clear enough to speak.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:44 PM

866 posts, read 629,368 times
Default Not smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
What was it?
My late wife was a very gifted Reader/Medium but I finally learned that it's not smart or even comfortable to live by predictions so I stopped getting readings from her or anybody else long ago. It's better and even more fun to live by faith and chance than to live by real or not real predictions. I still see Readers but refuse to take any predictions seriously. Some have come true and some not so I prefer to live by my wits or faith rather than fearfully going for readings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal