U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 PM
 
Location: SoCA to NC
1,914 posts, read 7,238,604 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Odd things happening are nothing new to me. They've happened in ever home we've lived in which have all been brand new construction as well as my child hood home. My husband simply doesn't believe and that's fine. Only once has something completely unexplainable happened when he was around and those things occurred after his father passed away.

Lately our dog has been barking at a cushion on the sofa as well as the corner of the room next to the sofa. The table lamp on the table next to said sofa was flickering off and on the other morning and every time my son would take his phone out to record it doing this it would stop doing it.

However none of this happens when my husband is home. In fact the other night during a thunder storm when the dog was barking at the corner my son verbalised this and said "why doesn't any of this crap happen when dad is here?"

So that is my question. Why doesn't it? Any ideas?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2017, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Concord NC
1,778 posts, read 1,222,465 times
Reputation: 4971
Maybe the different/increased activity in the house due to your husband's presence "distracts" the dog or otherwise alters its behavior and your and your son's focus.

Last edited by RP2C; 04-02-2017 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2017, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Southern California
8,996 posts, read 10,210,398 times
Reputation: 10050
CAKD, I'm really curious about something, you say that every home has had paranormal activity even in newly built homes. Have you ever done research to see what kind of land the homes were built on, such as burial grounds, old cemeteries, old battlegrounds where many have died, land where witch or other rituals have been done, etc.?

Now regarding why it doesn't happen while your husband's around, is he of the Christian religion by any chance? I only ask because in another thread on here, someone said things happened all the time, but when they became a Christian, everything stopped. Otherwise, I guess whatever ghosts are there are afraid of his presence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2017, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Texas
44,257 posts, read 56,985,176 times
Reputation: 73543
I'm going with the first comment about how things may happen but no one notices bc they are distracted by his presence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2017, 09:08 AM
 
Location: SoCA to NC
1,914 posts, read 7,238,604 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
CAKD, I'm really curious about something, you say that every home has had paranormal activity even in newly built homes. Have you ever done research to see what kind of land the homes were built on, such as burial grounds, old cemeteries, old battlegrounds where many have died, land where witch or other rituals have been done, etc.?

Now regarding why it doesn't happen while your husband's around, is he of the Christian religion by any chance? I only ask because in another thread on here, someone said things happened all the time, but when they became a Christian, everything stopped. Otherwise, I guess whatever ghosts are there are afraid of his presence.
No I've never done any research on the land. My father passed when I was 14 my mother when I was 27 my sister when I was 26. I've always felt they were just visiting me.

My husband does not believe in organised religion. I a Christian. My husband didn't know my father but he knew and had very good relationships with my sister and mom.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2017, 11:23 AM
 
14,057 posts, read 20,291,688 times
Reputation: 23639
You don't need an exorcist, you need a dog whisperer!

Seriously, this is the issue: your husband is the pack leader. With him gone he is showing both anxiety and trying to take the place of your husband, being the stand-in pack leader. Basically that translates into barking at anything and everything. Lamps, shadows, etc. Dogs are also commonly bothered by thunderstorms, particularly as they age.
That's solved by interacting more with your dog to relieve the anxiety, and also assuming the role of pack leader yourself.

The other stuff is just incidental. It's amazing why you would even post this in this forum. Why would ghosts come up as even a consideration??? Post in the dog forum for more advice, not in the "unexplained" forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2017, 11:35 AM
 
Location: between Mars and Venus
1,745 posts, read 1,028,602 times
Reputation: 2431
Assuming they are supernatural and not technical causes, the probable explanation to your question would be the energy of your husband's presence.

The energy for male is Yang and female Yin, eg. a loud person vs a quiet person. Adult male energy would be stronger as opposed to your son. People with strong Yang energy are least likely to enounter supernatural stuffs, as compared to people with strong Yin energy. The supernatural is Yin and avoids Yang, so that may be why they happened only when your husband's not around.

As for the dog barking, that could be due to wanting attention or just alarmed by the loud thunderstorm...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2017, 01:55 PM
 
Location: SoCA to NC
1,914 posts, read 7,238,604 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You don't need an exorcist, you need a dog whisperer!

Seriously, this is the issue: your husband is the pack leader. With him gone he is showing both anxiety and trying to take the place of your husband, being the stand-in pack leader. Basically that translates into barking at anything and everything. Lamps, shadows, etc. Dogs are also commonly bothered by thunderstorms, particularly as they age.
That's solved by interacting more with your dog to relieve the anxiety, and also assuming the role of pack leader yourself.

The other stuff is just incidental. It's amazing why you would even post this in this forum. Why would ghosts come up as even a consideration??? Post in the dog forum for more advice, not in the "unexplained" forum.
I guess the dogs been turning lights off and on too? I posted in this forum because I believe it to be paranormal. Especially since I and all three of my children have had numerous unexplainable occurrences . This is just the last in a long list of them. My question wasn't whether it happened or doesn't. Just why it happens when my husband isn't around. But hey I'm sure the dog forum will be able to answer why my daughter sees a woman standing at the end of her bed, why my son used to have in depth conversations with my dead father when he was young among other things. Maybe I'm actually being haunted by dogs!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2017, 01:58 PM
 
Location: SoCA to NC
1,914 posts, read 7,238,604 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Assuming they are supernatural and not technical causes, the probable explanation to your question would be the energy of your husband's presence.

The energy for male is Yang and female Yin, eg. a loud person vs a quiet person. Adult male energy would be stronger as opposed to your son. People with strong Yang energy are least likely to enounter supernatural stuffs, as compared to people with strong Yin energy. The supernatural is Yin and avoids Yang, so that may be why they happened only when your husband's not around.

As for the dog barking, that could be due to wanting attention or just alarmed by the loud thunderstorm...
Thank you for that explanation. Interesting. Although my husband is the quiet one and I'm the loud one I understand what you're saying. My son is an adult . I'm thinking it has something specific to do with my husband .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2017, 02:16 PM
 
5,128 posts, read 6,405,828 times
Reputation: 8396
I think the spirits know your husband is closed off to their presence, whereas the rest of you are open.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top