U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 11:30 AM

315 posts, read 467,828 times

Advertisements

With cameras and i phones would the ghosts kick the people out?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:09 PM

26,154 posts, read 16,862,767 times
They want to be known...... They are stuck in an invisible world.. Anyone that can hear them,etc they want to get help from! (Some have unfinished things they want resolved)

Old 04-11-2017, 09:51 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,901,090 times
Dunno. Why don't you round up 999 others and let us know how it goes? LOL

Old 04-12-2017, 04:30 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,512,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa71 View Post
With cameras and i phones would the ghosts kick the people out?
You mean like Waverly Hills Sanitorium?

Old 04-12-2017, 04:32 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,512,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They want to be known...... They are stuck in an invisible world.. Anyone that can hear them,etc they want to get help from! (Some have unfinished things they want resolved)
That's not entirely true...

Old 04-12-2017, 07:52 PM

26,154 posts, read 16,862,767 times
No some are mean... But there are also living people who are mean also..... (When they pass im sure they still are)

Old 04-12-2017, 08:32 PM

20,816 posts, read 26,115,357 times
What is the point of the question?

If 1000 people entered a haunted house - i.e. a dwelling known for paranormal activity, some would have experiences, and others would not. It would depend upon the people - and the haunting.

There are different types of hauntings. There are people who have highly developed intuitive and sensitive skills who can draw activity out of a moribund place. And, there are others who have the sensitivity of dirt.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:10 PM

5,788 posts, read 4,505,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

There are different types of hauntings. There are people who have highly developed intuitive and sensitive skills who can draw activity out of a moribund place. And, there are others who have the sensitivity of dirt.
There are also people who reframe their odd experiences into something that fits their notions of reality. In 1970, I lived in an old farmhouse where strange things started happening on day one, and continued on a daily basis for the year I lived there.

A friend of mine was a frequent visitor. One day he and I were listening to music in the living room, and I went to change the record. We were the only people in the house. As I bent over the turntable, I could hear a slow thudding sound coming from the window. It sounded like a pile driver breaking up concrete -- but this was around 10pm at night. I went to the door and opened it; there was nothing going on outside. He asked me what was up, and I had him come over to the window. He said he heard it too. The sound became louder as though it were coming toward us from a distance; soon, the window was shaking. This spread to the next window, then the next, until all the windows were shaking; a strange whirring sound started, and what sounded like voices muttering. My friend looked panicked and suggested we get out of there.

Another night, we were going out for burgers and standing in the grassy area between the house and a row of cherry trees, admiring the stars. Suddenly I heard footsteps running between us, but there was no one there. We both turned toward them, and my friend confirmed he heard them. We continued to hear footsteps crossing the grass with no one there -- sometimes walking, sometimes running. After 10 minutes of this, it got old and we went to the restaurant.

A few years later I asked him if he remembered these occurrences. He got angry and said "That was nothing!" He wouldn't look me in the eye, and refused to talk further about it. My conclusion: either I was deluded about the experiences and what I thought he said confirming them at the time, or he couldn't handle the memories and dismissed them because they threatened his view of reality.

Hell, they were impossible to fit into my rationalistic view of the world, too. I suspect some people would hear and see the things we did in that house and simply say of them: "It's an old house, and an old house makes strange noises". That's true, but having spent a year in that house it's hard for me to dismiss what we experienced there (or what I experienced in the house I grew up in) as just a century-old house settling.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:12 AM

11,815 posts, read 18,902,275 times
It would be very crowded.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:18 PM

20,816 posts, read 26,115,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It would be very crowded.
Yes, it would. With people, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal