U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 11:04 PM

3,737 posts, read 2,987,027 times

Advertisements

What was the experience like? What made you realize it was legit and it wasn't a scam/phony?

My uncle went to a medium with a group of people from work and decided "why not?" She revealed stuff from my deceased Grandma (his mother) that the medium couldn't have possibly known about- nicknames she used to call him when he was little, past arguments, and secrets about our family that only close friends may know about. The medium said she is not a psychic and instead talks to angels and is a Christian.

He went in a little skeptical but now believes that communication with the dead is possible. He told me he got "chills" from the experience and felt peace. He definitely is not the type to make things up. I know some mediums can do their own research before someone comes in, but this medium didn't know the names of people coming in beforehand.

What is your story with a medium? I'm curious to see if anybody else has had similar experiences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 11:37 PM

17,573 posts, read 7,997,562 times
I did see one after my brother died. Some things she told me were spot on. For example, she knew the name of his MIL. She also pointed out that my brother said that I was like a second mother to him and our other brother. That was true. As the oldest and only girl, my mother forced the role on me one too many times. When she first started the reading, she noticed the smell of cigarette smoke. My brother was a smoker who died of lung cancer. When he was terminally ill, he acted like he was in denial about the extent of his illness. She told me that he was very aware of how ill he was but he pretended otherwise as he didn't want anyone to feel sorry for him. He also had a message for my SIL and it was that he wanted her to remarry. In fact, when she first started dating, she met the guy in a very unusual way. He was driving past the church she attends when he saw a man wave at him and gesture to him to go inside. The medium said my brother took credit for that.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:57 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,392,441 times
Yes, I had a medium talk about my great grandmother, who I never met. I didn't at first know who he was talking about, but she gave identifying physical information about what killed her. She said the whole family knew about it. I was aware of the information she gave because it had been told to me all through my childhood.

She also said I had her photo NOW in my possession. I had only recently been given her photo from my mom, though I had seen it before.

I also asked a second medium to ask her about an old high school boyfriend who resurfaced as a possible love interest. My great grandmother said NO, he wasn't meant for me. She gave a reason why he wasn't for me and it turned out to be true. I found out a couple of years later that she was right.

Moral: Listen to your dead great grandmother!

I have also had a medium that had my deceased relatives telling him what I had been up to, and what my inner thoughts were. Always correct.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 AM

44 posts, read 35,543 times
Because of personal experiences, I believe that there are people with the ability to contact deceased loved ones. I decided to test my theory by having readings with people that claim to be mediums.

I have found that there are plenty of unscrupulous people out there posing as mediums. Yes, real mediums do exist, and when you have a reading with a real medium that connects you with a loved one in spirit, it's a beautiful experience. But, you have to be aware of how the posers work because they love taking advantage of the naive.

A real medium prefers that you say as little as possible during a reading. Comments such as "yes" to confirm that you understand info coming through, or "no" meaning you don't understand the information.

The posers will fish for information, or make vague comments that you feel compelled to expand on. A skilled con artist can do this so smoothly that you don't even realize that you are feeding them the information for your own reading. Also some of these con artist are very skilled at reading body language.

Some people who believe they are mediums are just very intuitive. They may accurately hit on a couple of things, but most of their information is off. Even the best medium is not 100% accurate, but they should have a higher degree of info coming through that you can validate than not.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,083,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
What was the experience like? What made you realize it was legit and it wasn't a scam/phony?

My uncle went to a medium with a group of people from work and decided "why not?" She revealed stuff from my deceased Grandma (his mother) that the medium couldn't have possibly known about- nicknames she used to call him when he was little, past arguments, and secrets about our family that only close friends may know about. The medium said she is not a psychic and instead talks to angels and is a Christian.

He went in a little skeptical but now believes that communication with the dead is possible. He told me he got "chills" from the experience and felt peace. He definitely is not the type to make things up. I know some mediums can do their own research before someone comes in, but this medium didn't know the names of people coming in beforehand.

What is your story with a medium? I'm curious to see if anybody else has had similar experiences.
Many times. I am a medium myself and I have had many accurate readings with reputable mediums.

But I have to say that the reading that blew me away was when I attended a week long intensive mediumship training seminar led by the renowned and unique James Van Praagh. Yes, I got a reading from him, but that isn't the reading I'm talking about. The reading that blew my mind was from a total neophyte. She was a hairdresser by trade, a total stranger to me, and this was her first time trying to do anything in this realm. On the first day, after some basic training from James, we were paired up randomly to do readings for each other, the idea being to try to bring through a deceased loved one for our partner. She immediately brought through my grandmother, complete with the tiniest details (a couple of which I hadn't recalled for years), and with my grandma's style of speech and her sharp wit. It was absolutely amazing, and of all the readings I have had through the years, the most memorable.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,894,947 times
No, but I'd love to have a reading done. Question is, how does one go about finding a real medium?

Old 04-11-2017, 10:27 PM

17,573 posts, read 7,997,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
No, but I'd love to have a reading done. Question is, how does one go about finding a real medium?
First, do a Google search such as: " Psychic Mediums Your city, Your state". See what comes up then do a search on the names you get to see if they have been reviewed anywhere online.

Also, if you have any new age bookstores in your area, check with them. Some bookstores even have psychics who are on site to do readings.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 04-11-2017 at 11:17 PM..

Old 04-12-2017, 02:35 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,392,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post

There are some vetted mediums listed here. Links - Channeling ErikĀ®

You can watch some of them on Channeling Erik's YouTube channel also to get a feel for them. https://www.youtube.com/user/drmedhus/videos

Old 04-12-2017, 01:37 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,894,947 times
I know how to Google and get a bazillion names. Would like to talk to someone who has actually used one. I believe that Teresa Caputo is real, but am sure I could not afford her services. Ha!

Old 04-12-2017, 03:25 PM

87,817 posts, read 81,538,757 times
I discovered a medium quite by accident. She'd actually been recommended to me as a hands-on healer, but I wasn't getting any results from that. I gave it a few sessions for good measure, and in one session, she suddenly announced that there was a woman at my side, and described her. I knew exactly who it was, but didn't say anything. Then she started spouting garbled language, and finally spit out my nickname in this foreign language. Then she started speaking broken English, and kept asking why this funny English was being spoken. At that point, I finally told her who it was, and explained the rest. After that, we had several "visits" with my loved one, which was very nice; comforting to know she's always around.

A couple of other people showed up eventually, too, who didn't speak English at all, haha, so all she could do is convey facial expressions and gestures, because she couldn't reproduce the language they were speaking. Her description of them conveyed who they were.

I think there are people who are gifted with this type of sight. Undoubtedly there are a lot of fakes, but just because there are a lot of fakes doesn't mean the real deal doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal