Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:56 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times

Advertisements

I'm not one who jumps straight toward the paranormal when weird things happen. I have experienced particular things that had me more on that side of the fence than not, but these were things that happened with others around. People who are not inclined to think "paranormal" at all, but couldn't come up with any other answer either. So, last night I experienced something I just can't look at scientifically. It actually started night before last.

I'd gone to bed, was laying there doing my normal mental purge, and THUMP. Like something had jumped up on the end of the bed. My first thought was "did a cat get in here somehow"? That's what it felt like. A cat jumping up on the bed. It was..strange, but I just dismissed it. Then last night it happened again, only this time it felt like two cats had jumped up, one on each side of my feet. I was fully awake, not even close to dozing, and it really startled me.

I got up and hit the lights, of course there was nothing there. But it weirded me out enough to where I went out and sat in my chair watching TV for a spell before going back to bed. Did my same routine, mental purge, thinking about pleasant things and getting the pillows right. I'd left the hall light on as it spills in enough light to the bedroom to see but not be intrusive. (I was still a little sceevy) I actually started to doze off, and the covers ....moved. Now I'm totally awake. The blanket just sort of shifted on one corner but the sheet started wrapping around my legs.

I was pretty much in full adrenaline surge now, and scrambling out of bed. The sheet seemed to be trying to keep me there. The really weird thing was I didn't feel like there was something evil there. I don't know how to describe what I was feeling. However I am a Christian. I remembered something my Grandma had told me about weird stuff like this, to make it go away. Without going into detail, it worked. Then the really strange thing happened. I felt a connection. Like I knew the source behind all this.

I didn't get the feeling that this was an attack. More like having been reached out to. Without to much detail again I know where this came from. No not from beyond the grave or from someone no longer on this plane. A living person. And something (iI know not what/who) told me this whole thing was not intentional. I fully intend to ask a certain someone what kind of a night they had last night. If there were some strange dreams or some such. I do know it was an upsetting day for this person yesterday. And we do have a very strong connection.

Yea I know this is all pretty tough to swallow. But I can't any fully explainable reason for all this. Like I said, I'm a Christian, and not one given to seeing evil demons lurking in the walls. This was not like some ghost thing. More like telekinetic. Nobody who knows the person I believe triggered all this would belive for a second that they have any such ability. We do have a connection, as I said, and it is different. There is an energy I pick up on there. But we have always had to be line of sight on each other for me to pick it up. They are like a transmitter to my receiver. That things could get this powerful I had no clue. Truthfully I never put much stock in ESP and such as a...tangible force.

But after the last couple nights I've got nothing else. (Sigh) anyway I guess I've made enough of a fool of myself for now. I'm going to try and figure a way to approach this with the ...transmitter. Without (hopefully) triggering another type of episode. So there it is. This is without any doubt the strangest thing I've ever experienced. Asking who I believe is the source of it all will be uncomfortable, but I have to do it. I really have to know. It's tough for me to believe something like this is possible. If anyone who is more savvy about such ...phenomenon. .has any insight as to how I should approach this I'm ALL ears.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:32 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,186,341 times
Have spoken with the person with whom you have the connection? Could be they are going through something and it's ramped up the connection.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Have spoken with the person with whom you have the connection? Could be they are going through something and it's ramped up the connection.

That is what I'm going to do. Yes, this person is having a very hard go of things right now, and I do think it's ramped things up. But the connection, though VERY strong, has never manifested like this. It's going to be hard for me to approach this with them, but I have to do it. This was just way to intense. There has to be more than what I know right now (and I know a LOT) for something like this to happen. This is something out of some wild sci fi story.

Ramped up is an understatement. But that's what it has to be. Like I said, there wasn't an evil feel about it. Scary but not evil. I'm not sure that this person will believe me themselves. Thus my trepidation about asking. But ask I will. We are certainly close enough to talk about anything. It makes me afraid for them. If something I don't know has boosted things this much, it has to be bad. And I'm not going to wait to see if it happens again.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:24 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,387,770 times
I actually had an unknown ghost cat repeatedly jump on my bed in one house. I asked for someone on the other side to come and get it. It stopped happening after that.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:16 PM

The "cat" thing was really strange, but I think I know why that is what kicked all this off. This was no ghost thing. My place isn't haunted. It really floors me that the human mind can do stuff like this. This person has a cat that they have a serious connection with as well. I think the critter was just along for the ride. As of yet today, I haven't been able to get ahold of the person involved. That has me concerned greatly. And I'm tired of referring to her as "this person". This is my lady. Who I love more than life. We don't live together is all. Having something like this happen, and not being able to get ahold of her is great cause for concern.

She has vivid dreams and nightmares, and had a quite bad day yesterday. Nothing like this has ever happened, even when we are in the same bed. Stuff has never just started moving around. I can sense her dreams and know when to back off and when to move closer. She doesn't have to verbalize. What's going on just flashes across my brain. But as I said, we have always had to be in proximity for me to receive her transmissions. I just KNOW that this was her. And now I can't raise her. Her car is gone, and neither of her two close friends have heard from her either. It's got me in a right state.

I've never in my life experienced anything like this. I know it sounds very far fetched. It still seems impossible to me. I never perceived our ability to speak without speaking as being ....telekinetic. I just chocked it up to just having a strong feel for each other. Nothing really that out of the ordinary. A stronger connection than most maybe. But a phantom "cat" jumping on my bed and having my bedding come alive? I'd love to just call it a vivid waking dream, but I was NOT asleep. Fully conscious and aware. No drugs or booze involved. I don't either drink or use.

Until I hear her voice I'm going to be quite awake still. If I don't hear from her or at least find out where she is and this happens again I'm likely to go over the edge. Been trying to distract myself all day and I'm running lean on other places to focus. That she can even reach out in such a way has me quite baffled and flummoxed.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 PM

50,178 posts, read 63,636,357 times
Many times, things we experience while asleep, seem very real. I bet you had drifted off and imagined this.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Many times, things we experience while asleep, seem very real. I bet you had drifted off and imagined this.

I'd love to just chock it up to that. I really would. Going at it that way is probably best. If I can just convince myself it would be far less disturbing. I have been known to have very vivid dreams myself. But the only time I have ever had waking dreams was from an allergic reaction to a powerful antibiotic I was put on. Nevertheless, I do prefer your explanation. The "cat" thing two nights in a row is really weird. But I do believe I'm going to accept your take. Lest I talk myself into just MAKING it happen again. The mind is a tricky thing that way.

OK then. I was just really worried about her, went into REM, and my subconscious did the rest. That's easier for me to accept. It was not an experience I care to have again, regardless of the why, who or how. What was that old 80s show? ALF I think, where he used to say "No more Tabby pot pie before bed time any more". IDK, it was all just so frigging disturbing. I mean I just KNOW I was not asleep. Coming out to the living room, turning the TV on, getting up and turning on the bedroom light, invoking Christ to make it go away, just weird.

Last edited by NVplumber; 04-19-2017 at 07:26 PM..

Old 04-19-2017, 07:44 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,989,107 times
Being someone also of the faith I would say it's hard for me to believe that whatever you encountered wasn't either demonic or from God (an angel, etc). I know many will disagree, and there's really no way to prove what I'm trying to say. But based on my research and other's experiences I can't fathom why something like that (spiritually neutral) would have happened to you, especially as a christian. Generally spiritual-like activity toward christians (at least everyone I've known and heard of) is pretty "one way or the other" (hostile or warm/welcoming). You may experience differently but if this keeps happening I would urge you to engage with the "experience" and try and get more insight as to why it's going on. Anyways, that's my .2 cents.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,186,341 times
Well -- let me share my little quirk, and how I handled it.

When I was young, a teenager -- my parents would go bowling on Friday. The would either come home right after, or go out. Never called -- never an issue. So you couldn't set your watch by the time they came home.

We lived in a very safe area, so there was no issue about me staying home alone and we were raised to keep our doors locked, anyway...

And I'd be downstairs watching TV and I'd hear my dad's car drive into the driveway, the crunch of the gravel, the car shut off, the car doors shut, the breezeway door open and slam, and the keys go into the lock.... and nothing.

I'd run upstairs and check... no one was there, no one was home. About a half hour later, give or take, we'd repeat this procedure and this time my parents were home.

Talk about freaked.

My parents brushed it off. But it kept happening...once, in front of my friends. I freaked them out. I stopped talking about it. It didn't happen all the time...in fact it was pretty rare -- but just as I thought it was over, and wouldn't happen again -- it would happen again.

All in all a pretty useless psychic power to have. And scary, at least for me.

I did it mostly with my parents, but I did it with one sister once. And it went away....till I started doing it with my husband several years back.

Now -- I don't live in a safe area. My area is sketchy. And very urban. So when I started hearing my husband's truck pull in to the drive way...and hear the door shut...and the keys going in the lock.... and I'm in the kitchen and nothing happens... I panicked. And worse than that -- it was happening more and more, like once a week.

The last time it happened, I said out loud "Look, universe.... all this does is scare the hell out of me, and I need it to STOP. Like right now..." I was shaking like a leaf when I said this.

So far, so good. Also helps that I now have an small home office in the living room, instead of sitting at the kitchen office.... so I can keep an eye out....

I just heard my husband pull up... and yeah -- he's really here.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,360,836 times
OP, I just want you to know from someone who constantly gets such signals from closely connected people. I don't need any details.. BUT obviously you mentioned someone who is Near and Dear to your heart and today cannot connect in any normal way!

At this point, the why's and wherefores are all unknown, however, when anyone ( whether or not intuitive) gets given such a startling experience.. always means someone very close is trying to get your attention. It happened and that's a good thing..but why is what's at issue.

I suggest work overtime trying to locate this special friend.. somethings wrong (My suspicion ) Otherwise, it will drive you crazy.. I sure wish you luck..

Intuitive types understand this far more acceptance of know what the message is.. It's a burden for us types.. as we Feel the pain, sadness of our beloved connected folks and want to help/fix or cure the problems.. It's sometimes very heartbreaking.

I sure hope you can get to the bottom of your experience. The mere fact you didn't sense or feel EVIL intention.. means a lot for folks like myself... Someone near and dear to you was trying to get your attention!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.