Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 05:43 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I've had a couple of incidents like this. No, I wasn't asleep, and yes, they really did happen. Like you, I'm a Christian and so believe in survival of the soul after death, the afterlife, etc. They didn't really scare me; I just kind of shrugged and went back to bed! I'd be more afraid if I thought it was human activity, frankly.

Yes, I know I wasn't asleep. And this did scare me. And now I'm angry. Which is folly, because only Christ and the Father Himself can defeat such things. I spoke with someone a bit earlier about this. Trying to find out what would motivate something like this. He told me that in order for such forces to have any motivation the "victim(s) will usually always be Christians. Trying to shake our Faith. He also said that striking at someone through someone they love is hardly out of character. Many people will curse God as the author of the hurt. "How could You let this happen!!!" being an example.

According to who I spoke with, a non denominational pastor, this is why it is Christians who are most often struck at. Before I became strong in my Faith, I can remember doing so myself. That's why striking at someone through someone they love is a favored tactic. I know personally that seeing someone I love the way I love my lady hurting so takes away a lot of my ration and ability to think clearly. But I won't either blame or curse the Lord. If you had something happen to you like what has happened to me and shrugged it off you're a far stronger person than me.

I'm still a bit freaked out by it all. Is this ....force...what caused my lady to go over the edge again? The pastor thinks it's quite possible. She is newer back to Faith than me, and vulnerable. And if this dark force could hurt her, and shake my Faith at the same time mores the better. But it's all just speculation right now. It will likely be a while before she's lucid enough to even think about what triggered her. Till then I figure I'll shore up my fortifications and get some protection around her.

Evil forces may have hurt her but I feel it in my heart that God has not forsaken her. Or me. It scares me as to how her recovery will go. The doctors are not saying a whole lot beyond that she's in a bad state. Her last episode was not near this bad. And things took a while. I truly wish I could dismiss the dark aspect of this as you did. But some phantom animal jumping on my bed, my sheets coming alive, feelings that may as well have been spoken words telling me my loved one is in trouble and now seeing her in this state has me pretty worked up. I see what you are saying about being more afraid of human activity, but at least a human enemy can see and fight straight up. And a human has to make noise getting in and can only be in one place at a time. Well, I think I'll go up to the hospital and sit with her for a while. Watch her sleep. Tallysmom mentioned something about peace earlier. I always liked to watch my lady sleep. It's ....peaceful. And I can pray for a miracle and maybe hold her hand. I'm not the only one praying and miracles can happen.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:17 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
NVPlumber, you sound like a very caring person. She and you are lucky to have found one another. I wish the very best for you.
My wife and I have been together for about 39 years now. She and I can guess what the other is going to say next.
We even have a game whereas we ask the other what we are thinking...and we are pretty good at knowing the answer.
Just tonight, she went into the kitchen to begin to formulate dinner, seeing if all ingredients were there. I asked her if she would make a special meal we had back when we were kids. She looked at me and laughed,
"That is what I was looking to make tonight"

As you love people, you do get an intuitive connection with them. I know, we've been doing it for years.
Follow your heart, it will lead you in the right direction.

Last edited by TerraDown; 04-21-2017 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-21-2017, 06:36 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
If the doctors or hospital regulations won't allow her kitty to visit, how about taking a photo or better yet, a video of the cat when he is calm or playing? Maybe your lady could even Skype with her cat! (I Skyped with a cat in Ukraine once when a visiting Ukrainian friend Skyped a friend back home, the cat's owner).

It might reassure her that the cat is fine, and that would probably be a step in the right direction. A framed photo of the cat, or even a picture stuck on the wall might be a touch of normality and something those working with her could discuss with her as something positive in her life that is still present in her life (even if he's being cared for by another good friend right now).

BTW, the Dancing Well project I mentioned earlier does great work, but it sounds as if your friend is not ready for it yet. But do encourage her doctors to take a look at their website. Perhaps when things are less raw and more stable it would be helpful for her.

It's early days yet - with the passage of time plus the right meds, good physical care and reassurance from those working with her, I expect your friend will stabilize and improve. It just may take time to come about. She is very blessed to have you and other caring friends in her life.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Being someone also of the faith I would say it's hard for me to believe that whatever you encountered wasn't either demonic or from God (an angel, etc). I know many will disagree, and there's really no way to prove what I'm trying to say. But based on my research and other's experiences I can't fathom why something like that (spiritually neutral) would have happened to you, especially as a christian. Generally spiritual-like activity toward christians (at least everyone I've known and heard of) is pretty "one way or the other" (hostile or warm/welcoming). You may experience differently but if this keeps happening I would urge you to engage with the "experience" and try and get more insight as to why it's going on. Anyways, that's my .2 cents.
Well, said and I'll add, when there is something skeevy happening like what you've described, I'd err on the side of caution and consider the spirit hostile. Invoking the power of Jesus will cause demons to flee. I've only had to do this once but it was crystal clear to me after I began speaking Jesus' name and saying the Lord's Prayer. Just a suggestion since you're a Christian.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
If the doctors or hospital regulations won't allow her kitty to visit, how about taking a photo or better yet, a video of the cat when he is calm or playing? Maybe your lady could even Skype with her cat! (I Skyped with a cat in Ukraine once when a visiting Ukrainian friend Skyped a friend back home, the cat's owner).

It might reassure her that the cat is fine, and that would probably be a step in the right direction. A framed photo of the cat, or even a picture stuck on the wall might be a touch of normality and something those working with her could discuss with her as something positive in her life that is still present in her life (even if he's being cared for by another good friend right now).

BTW, the Dancing Well project I mentioned earlier does great work, but it sounds as if your friend is not ready for it yet. But do encourage her doctors to take a look at their website. Perhaps when things are less raw and more stable it would be helpful for her.

It's early days yet - with the passage of time plus the right meds, good physical care and reassurance from those working with her, I expect your friend will stabilize and improve. It just may take time to come about. She is very blessed to have you and other caring friends in her life.

The cat would be a big help. This I do know. He seems to be the one here and now thing she has brought up. She's pretty sedated right now. I ran up and peeked in for just a bit. As much for myself as her. I don't think bringing him up will be a problem. Not in her case. It's a therapy issue. The cat seems to be her hold on things. She may regain some sense of association if she can interact with him. It's not like she's in a sterile isolation ward for wounds or burns. i've seen therapy animals there before. I believe the doctors will see the sense of it. Her other friends have brought it up too. Could be just the lifeline that's needed.

I don't want to see her crowded about what triggered this. If it's a frightening as what I experienced it could drive her deeper. I know all to well that time is needed here. As much as it takes, I'm not going anywhere. With everything that's happened this is going to take some figuring. I haven't told the doctors about the weirdness. They'd toss me in a rubber room. Effects are more important than cause right now. I'll take care of the cat therapy tomorrow. He could be the exact reverse trigger that can start her coming back.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Well, said and I'll add, when there is something skeevy happening like what you've described, I'd err on the side of caution and consider the spirit hostile. Invoking the power of Jesus will cause demons to flee. I've only had to do this once but it was crystal clear to me after I began speaking Jesus' name and saying the Lord's Prayer. Just a suggestion since you're a Christian.

Now I DO consider this to be a very hostile force. That has been made quite plain now. When it happened I invoked Christ and it did stop. Afterward there was just this residual feeling of something being wrong which of course there was. The malevolence is quite obvious now. It seems to have been after both my lady and me. Any more such activity I encounter in the future (which I pray never happens) will be considered hostile out of hand and immediately turned over to Christ.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:33 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
NVPlumber,

I was brought up in a very Christian family where we attended church several times a week. I do not consider myself a Christian anymore, so you might not listen to what I have to say, but here goes.

People who are mediums, that is people who regularly communicate with those who have passed over, would have advice for you. YOU have the power to put a stop to any and all entities that would attempt contact with you. Most mediums or sensitive people begin life with no idea how to control what spirits come to them, and eventually learn that it's up to them to set boundaries and to be specific about what those boundaries are.

Though I am not a medium, I have seen two spirits. I have a set of rules. One rule is that they are not allowed to do anything to scare me on purpose or even by accident. Another rule is that they can't show up at night unless it's an emergency and there is a specific message. This works by the way. The two spirits I have seen, came in times of crisis and I believe the intention was to comfort. The last two years of my life have been difficult. The spirits kept to the established rules, and showed up in broad sunny daylight.

Unfortunately, the church makes all this far too complicated and makes Christians feel they are persecuted by the spirit world. I'm sorry, but that is false. Plenty of non-Christians have encounters.

You started off by saying that when the incident happened to you, you didn't get an evil vibe. It was only after your girlfriend was found to be in trouble that you concluded it was evil. I don't know. Was it trying to tell you something was wrong perhaps?

Either way, if you don't wish to have such things happen, all you need to do is state your intent and that's that. Hammer out what types of entities are allowed to come to you and under what types of circumstances . . . and then declare it.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:49 AM

I will tell you another story, NVPlumber, about my Christian mother and an entity that was definitely evil. My mother was/is a very strong Christian. She always discounted the idea of ghosts or anything related.

My parents got a divorce and a few years later, my mother met a man at church and they became engaged. They were working on a house he had bought, with plans to renovate it and then get married and move in. Another couple from their church was helping them with the house.

The house had an entryway that was a tower. My mother said that when she would stand in the tower, she would be overcome with an overwhelming feeling that something profoundly evil was there. After experiencing it several times, one day she said out loud, "I don't know what you are, but in the name of Jesus, leave this place."

Unbeknownst to her, the couple who was helping them with the house had the same experience. The wife was working in the house and felt the same sense of evil and said pretty much the same thing as my mother did. It took her a while to tell my mother because she didn't want to be thought of as a nutcase.

After that, my mother never felt it again and was convinced it had gone. She never mentioned it to her fiance until months later. He was at her place and was lying on the sofa with his head in her lap. She told him about the evil feeling in the tower, and he sat bolt upright in shock and said, "I thought it was just me."

They ALL had felt it and everyone was afraid to tell the others. But after telling it to go away, it never came back.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
NVPlumber,

I was brought up in a very Christian family where we attended church several times a week. I do not consider myself a Christian anymore, so you might not listen to what I have to say, but here goes.

People who are mediums, that is people who regularly communicate with those who have passed over, would have advice for you. YOU have the power to put a stop to any and all entities that would attempt contact with you. Most mediums or sensitive people begin life with no idea how to control what spirits come to them, and eventually learn that it's up to them to set boundaries and to be specific about what those boundaries are.

Though I am not a medium, I have seen two spirits. I have a set of rules. One rule is that they are not allowed to do anything to scare me on purpose or even by accident. Another rule is that they can't show up at night unless it's an emergency and there is a specific message. This works by the way. The two spirits I have seen, came in times of crisis and I believe the intention was to comfort. The last two years of my life have been difficult. The spirits kept to the established rules, and showed up in broad sunny daylight.

Unfortunately, the church makes all this far too complicated and makes Christians feel they are persecuted by the spirit world. I'm sorry, but that is false. Plenty of non-Christians have encounters.

You started off by saying that when the incident happened to you, you didn't get an evil vibe. It was only after your girlfriend was found to be in trouble that you concluded it was evil. I don't know. Was it trying to tell you something was wrong perhaps?

Either way, if you don't wish to have such things happen, all you need to do is state your intent and that's that. Hammer out what types of entities are allowed to come to you and under what types of circumstances . . . and then declare it.

You sound very much like my Sister. Her take on this is more than similar. Her brand of Faith has an almost line item view. I didn't initially get a feeling of residual evil after I made things stop moving, but I feel one now. Yes, I believe there was indeed a message this whatever it was wanted to impart. But there is no benevolence to it's motivation. I'm not a Bible banging or even regular church attending Christian and I don't believe that the spirit world persecutes me because of my Faith. But n this case I do believe that Faith is central to the motivation. Like I said later it's almost a feeling of gloating I get from this now.

Even as a Christian I do believe there are different manifestations of the spirit world. This is my first direct encounter with that world however and I do believe that I personally cannot challenge such a force. If I need to control such a thing I must invoke Christ's power. Such a force with such a purpose as I'm seeing in this now looks at Christ and God Himself as it's only worthy enemy, and for me to personally challenge it will see me seriously lose. It will not hesitate in the least to take that challenge, laughing the whole way. Were I to personally declare what types of entities can come to me , when and where, I would slam the door shut. I want nothing to do with any of them other than opening my heart to Christ.

Yes, I know plenty of non Christians have spirit encounters. My Sister has had a few. She also invites such things, being as communication with such forces is central to what she believes. She went over things with me and said basically the same things you have here. Even detailing certain rituals (though they aren't complicated really) that are designed to tell whatever force it is one might be dealing with what the boundaries are. At this point I am just convinced that this was an attack. One designed to seriously hurt an already wounded and vulnerable person and to strike at both her and my Faith. My lady is a Christian as well though her Faith varies a bit from mine. She has returned to the Faith she was raised with and is a bit more ridged in certain areas where I hold to no specific denomination and tend to bend and flex.

An interesting aspect to what is happening right now as far as her Faith is concerned is that in what little she has said since we found her she has not brought anything Faith based forward. Her single hold on the here and now, the power she is clinging to, is her bond with her cat. And a manifestation of a cat was what kicked off my encounters. There were two. The first night it was just the "cat" jumping on the bed. The second was like two cats, one on either side of me, and then the bedding coming alive. Regardless, the cat seems to be central. He is what she is clinging to. The one thing she is totally lucid about and the one being she is completely in the here and now with. Somehow, spiritually and physically, the cat is more than important. A roomful of the most well meaning and loving family, friends and clergy could not accomplish in a year what the cat can do in a second. All Faith and spiritual belief aside that's just a fact and I'm not going to question it. Forget the encounter with whatever it was that hit me, the doctors all of our prayers and beliefs, bring her the cat and leave them be.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

Even as a Christian I do believe there are different manifestations of the spirit world. This is my first direct encounter with that world however and I do believe that I personally cannot challenge such a force. If I need to control such a thing I must invoke Christ's power. Such a force with such a purpose as I'm seeing in this now looks at Christ and God Himself as it's only worthy enemy, and for me to personally challenge it will see me seriously lose. It will not hesitate in the least to take that challenge, laughing the whole way. Were I to personally declare what types of entities can come to me , when and where, I would slam the door shut. I want nothing to do with any of them other than opening my heart to Christ.
Though I am sad that your beliefs render you powerless in your own mind, that's your own business. You can command it in Christ's name too.

If you want to stop all contact from the spirit world, it is within your power whether you do it in your own name or Christ's name.

The spirit world is not allowed to cross boundaries that have been deliberately erected.

BTW, any family or friend of mine that has passed on is allowed to come to me, but only in broad daylight and in a manner that will provoke the least amount of fear. They can come at night if it's an emergency. According to family stories, my great grandmother saw her deceased husband standing at the foot of her bed and waiting for her while she was dying. I wouldn't want to miss something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal