Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:54 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
OP, I just want you to know from someone who constantly gets such signals from closely connected people. I don't need any details.. BUT obviously you mentioned someone who is Near and Dear to your heart and today cannot connect in any normal way!

At this point, the why's and wherefores are all unknown, however, when anyone ( whether or not intuitive) gets given such a startling experience.. always means someone very close is trying to get your attention. It happened and that's a good thing..but why is what's at issue.

I suggest work overtime trying to locate this special friend.. somethings wrong (My suspicion ) Otherwise, it will drive you crazy.. I sure wish you luck..

Intuitive types understand this far more acceptance of know what the message is.. It's a burden for us types.. as we Feel the pain, sadness of our beloved connected folks and want to help/fix or cure the problems.. It's sometimes very heartbreaking.

I sure hope you can get to the bottom of your experience. The mere fact you didn't sense or feel EVIL intention.. means a lot for folks like myself... Someone near and dear to you was trying to get your attention!

I do feel something is wrong. And I still have been unable to connect with her. Neither has anyone else. And THAT is NOT right. It was in the after effects that I got the lack of evil feeling. Initially I was scared enough that that's all I was feeling. Scared. After I made it stop, that's when I got the "reaching out" feeling. She is also a Christian. We share that. I could feel an after effect of power, but it wasn't evil. Something is not right though. Whether this was a waking dream or not, the feeling of wanting to connect I got from it is very real.

Yesterday was not a good day, especially for her. If she was aided (as I just keep going back to) I can't give up till I finally connect with her. She wouldn't deliberately worry me by just dropping off the grid. The "cat" thing, that cat and her are also ultra connected. If something is wrong with Mom, he will be tripping. That he was somehow involved here is no surprise. The whole thing, regardless of cause, source whatever, waking dream or not, there was power in it. I will get to the bottom of it. I just pray at this point she's OK. I've got eyes and ears out there waiting for her to turn up. Till she does, yea, I'll be going crazy. Doing a heap of praying.

With everything that has been going on the last couple days (she and I both) I'm not ruling anything out as to what could be going on. For now, all I can do is keep a weather eye and pray. I figure there's a few folks rolling their eyes at this, but I don't care. I do appreciate everyone who's answered here. This is a distraction I need right now. There's not much else I can do to connect with her that I haven't done, so here I sits. I know she's not in the hospital. If she were I'm her emergency contact, but I called there anyway just to rule it out. I get the feeling it's going to be a long night.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
If you live in the same town, can you go check on her cat? If you don't live in the same town, can you get someone to check on her cat?

If she isn't home, then her cat has nothing to eat.

Something odd is going on from the sound of it.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
One can be "Highly Sensitive Person" (HSP) or an "Empath", feeling things strongly regardless of being religious and does not mean doing so is negative. As mentioned, one can pick up or tune into another's feelings and experiences, and since you and your friend are closely connected, I wouldn't doubt this could be the case. Hopefully, her cat is fine and that you will be able to investigate what is happening with them both. It does seem you are being alerted to something.

(I vaguely recall you posting in the past regarding this same woman...which was not a "relationship"..?) I hope you will determine more - and let us know.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:09 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I've had similar experiences NVplumber but they're usually around high stress times. I've heard foot steps walk up and down the stairs and through a hall way. A towel was ripped off of the shower door while I was alone in the house taking a shower. I've had witnessed episodes at work with coworkers and in a patients room when a tub flew off of a night stand. . These things follow me. I have to believe that it is a form of telekinesis. Honestly, I don't believe in existence after your brain cells die. It was a benefit at work when I was in a hurry and wished the elevator would magically appear, and it did. Many many times it would just open up with no one there.

Unfortunately some of the kids in my life had the crap scared out of them a couple of times that they've been here. Two were hiding in a dark attic when they heard footsteps up to the attic door and the door knob turn. One texted her boyfriend and he told her that we were all down stairs, and so was the dogs. They came running down totally freaked out.

Just recently a picture on a table fell off as we walked into the house, and nobody was even close to it. I had a floor fan just fall over right in front of me last summer. I've also been in the attic with the kids and heard the door knob turn and rattle as if someone was coming. It happened to me in my youth at a friends house as well. Another therapist and I had just walked into our break room and sat down when these stethoscopes hanging on a door knob moved in slow motion back and forth a couple of times. It wasn't a normal way to move, it was just weird, as if a hand was on them moving them deliberately.

I can't explain these weird things and I stop short at calling them ghostly. I was very psychic in my younger years and that has faded quite a bit, or has it just taken a different form?

Yes these things are unnerving. but I've never been hurt by them, and most likely you won't either. There is a plus side. Some animals respond to it. I actually tamed a wild squirrel to sit on my lap, let me pet her, and she came in my house with my cat and dog. A couple of nights ago, after my late night bike ride, there was a rabbit in the ally. I talked to it and it literally came up to me and sat within a foot away, and listened. It happened with a deer in the park while I was walking my dogs. It was about three feet away and just listened to me talk to it, with my dogs there. I have an amazing gift with animals and I think it's part of that energy field.

Try and spin it in a positive direction. I was terrified of our house for many years and it was difficult when my husband worked the night shift. Then I came to realize that I was stronger then the energy. You can learn to control it.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:49 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Am I right in understanding that this is a mother/daughter thing? I think there are deep, maybe not-so-mysterious connections among us. When my mom was still alive more than once my mother, my daughter and I all made the exact same meals on the same day even though we lived apart and didn't communicate ahead of time about it. We were all hungry for the same thing at the same time.

When you realize we once shared a body together (in succession) you could almost believe there is something happening at the molecular level that hasn't yet been explored by science. And some of us are just more sensitive and observant than others. Some people gather information mainly through their senses and others mainly through intuition.

As far as the cat thing goes all three of us have lived our lifetimes owning cats. Maybe it's a habit memory? We've all had that experience of "ghost cats" jumping on the foot of the bed at night. I also have one who comes and rubs up my legs during the day time. I look down and no one is there!

I've stopped trying to solve the mystery. It could be some form of restless leg, lucid dreaming, nerve memory, bad mattress, whatever. I would never try to dissuade someone from believing that it has a spiritual component for them and that they need to pay attention to it.

I learned a long time ago that irritating little senseless thoughts that I get that feel like messages, if ignored, sometimes make me wish I hadn't. Our subconscious is a marvelous thing.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:23 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Many times, things we experience while asleep, seem very real. I bet you had drifted off and imagined this.
Like, just yesterday, dh and I were having lunch across from each other in a restaurant. He starts to say something about getting a bad scratch on his arm and proceeds to look for it to show me.....no scratch. He must have dreamed he got a scratch.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
When I started to read the OP's post, it reminded me of something that happened to me a few years ago. My three cats are now allowed in my bedroom, but several years ago, I kept them out to keep my room clean. They never were allowed in at all.

I would be laying in bed, trying to get to sleep, and would feel a distinct thump on the bed and something walking toward me. I was not dozing, so it was not a dream. It went on for a while, and after I started letting the other cats into the room, it stopped happening.

I kind of thought it might be my one cat, Scooter, who had passed away a while before this, because Scooter was allowed into my room and would jump up on the bed at night. Scooter was my lap cat, and always by my side when she was alive. I realize it seems crazy to say it, but I know what I was experiencing, and there was definitely something jumping onto the bed.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:46 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Like, just yesterday, dh and I were having lunch across from each other in a restaurant. He starts to say something about getting a bad scratch on his arm and proceeds to look for it to show me.....no scratch. He must have dreamed he got a scratch.
Speaking of dreams, this^^^^reminded me of a dream I had some years back. One night I was dreaming that my husband and I were looking to buy a condo. The realtor took us to one that was on the second floor of a converted brownstone. When the door to the condo was opened, I stood there and looked around. It was dark, dingy and cramped. I shook my head "no".

After the dream, I woke up. My husband was still asleep but in his sleep he said out loud "Needs about 800 more square feet".

Later when he woke up, I told him what happened. He had no recollection of saying what he did!

OP---I hope all is well with your friend and hope you keep us posted.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:08 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Now I know. Whatever the source of this experience doesn't matter. Whatever.....force, power, whatever that caused all the weirdness is of no consequence. The damage is done. It had been done well before I had the experience. I've been home a couple hours now I suppose. I can't...won't, go into detail. Other than to say I should have seen this coming. There's a history behind it. That history is the biggest reason we developed the powerful connection. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

I do want to thank everyone who responded here. This was a needed distraction while I waited things out. Now I'm seriously exhausted. So are her two other friends who stood on the wall with me. Nothing more to be done at this point. It's in Gods hands now. I feel quite nauseated. Bout all I have left. Don't have enough left to cry or be angry or whatever. Maybe enough to be angry with myself. This "dream" or experience, contact whatever it was seems quite evil to me now. Almost like a taunt or gloating. Any further speculation on it is a useless academic exercise. It was a long night. Days and nights ahead will be even longer.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:32 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Whatever it is, please know I am wishing you peace, and hope you have support to count on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal