U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:51 AM

372 posts, read 453,457 times

Advertisements

What I'm describing here is something specific.

It's not about someone reminds you, or forgets your name.

It's when, in the course of someone's lifetime, they are consistently called the same [wrong] name by many different people.

I'm not into speculation (past life, etc) but sure is a mystery.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 03:21 PM

20,090 posts, read 5,449,048 times
My name is not Carol but I have been called that by different people. Even when we moved to another
state I still was called Carol once in a while....(it's not my middle name either)

Old 05-20-2017, 03:24 PM

9,153 posts, read 7,987,127 times
Various people who were unconnected used to call me Brenda. A few said I just look like a Brenda. It hasn't happened in years.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:58 PM

13,660 posts, read 22,303,056 times
I reminded someone of her sister, and she constantly called me that. It became easier to answer than correct her, because she was not going to get it.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:39 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,242,822 times
On the flip side I have a neighbor whom I've known for almost 11 years now. From the moment I met her I've mistakenly called her Linda. Her name is Nancy. Still 11 years later I'm constantly correcting myself in my head and occasionally still let Linda slip out. I have no idea why I call her Linda. She reminds me of no one. No one else in our circle or even this part of the neighborhood is names Linda. It happened from the very first moment I was introduced to her too. Yes she was introduced with the correct name! Drives me crazy that I still cant get it right. I've always been good with names too!

Old 05-22-2017, 09:32 AM

92 posts, read 208,547 times
My parents were thinking about naming me Kim before I was born, but decided to call me by my name (not even close to Kim). All throughout my life, no matter where I've lived around the country, random people will call me Kim. I can see where there may be someone in one or two cities named Kim who I resemble, but in 6 states and 14 different cities? It's become a running joke because I now answer to Kim in addition to my own name.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:01 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,242,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin40 View Post
My parents were thinking about naming me Kim before I was born, but decided to call me by my name (not even close to Kim). All throughout my life, no matter where I've lived around the country, random people will call me Kim. I can see where there may be someone in one or two cities named Kim who I resemble, but in 6 states and 14 different cities? It's become a running joke because I now answer to Kim in addition to my own name.
Sort of not related but......I was almost named Michelle. Every guy I ever dated ex girlfriends name was.....Michelle! Happy to report my husband never dated a michelle!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:28 PM

175 posts, read 61,289 times
This is something that has been on my mind lately. I haveen called "paul" quite a bit lately. One girl doesnt know why she does it. Another lady said that while she doesnt know why she does it, its her deceased father's name. Its also odd because one of my close childhood friends is named Paul (he is still living but we are busy and an hour apart and too busy with different interests so we do not keep in touch). Its just weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal