Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 02:38 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times

Advertisements

Laugh and deride if you want to, but until you've lived it you won't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 02:55 PM

179 posts, read 155,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Laugh and deride if you want to, but until you've lived it you won't understand.
I agree. Seems alot of people on this forum don't believe in the supernatural or paranormal. Weird place to hang out if you don't believe in such "drivel." Anyhoo, I believe in curses on land and I believe they can go down generations.

The question is how to break such curses. Selling the house or land is the only answer? Has anyone lived through such a curse, sold the house/land and had a better life after? I'd sure be interested if someone went through such a scenario and can relate it here.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM

179 posts, read 155,855 times
Quote:
There's a lot more to this story too. Anyway, some days I think the darkness is gone, sometimes I think it's still around. I have been thinking of having a psychic consult, but don't know what kind of psychic to search for. But I definitely am a believer in things like you describe. I lived it.
I'd like to hear more to your story. Would an exorcism work?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:13 PM

201 posts, read 237,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyphd View Post
So, after almost three years of living in this house that is about 40 years old and our lives really sucking since then, I had a eureka moment and realized it's the house. We've had crazy bad luck since we've been here: job loss, money problems, poor health, sudden discord in a formerly very happy marriage of 17 years. My husband is always exhausted to the point of almost not being able to talk in the evenings, and I have had an overwhelming desire to "escape" since we've been here. I dream about other places, other lives I could have, other partners I would rather have in my life. I have never seen or set foot in the basement. Why? I have no idea, but something just will not let me go down there. When I go out for the day I slowly feel that oppression lift, I start to feel like my old self, then minutes after I get home, even if no one else is here, I feel it again. I know once we leave we will be fine. How? Dunno, just do. My mother is no longer around, but she used to be able to step in a house and tell you if it was "clean" or not (meaning energy). I have no doubt she would have refused to stay here. My nickname for the house is Dracula's Castle, and it was my husband who picked it out from a very small inventory. I saw it for the first time in person after the closing, and many people tell us how beautiful it is (Tudor style, very big, at the top of a steep hill.) Yeah, I know it could all be explained away, but. But. I don't think it's haunted, but there is some kind of heaviness here. Any ideas of what the deal could be and how I might be able to make it better? The former owners were elderly and from what I can tell very nice people. The husband died of old age and she sold soon after. I have no idea if he died in the house or not, and frankly I don't want to know. Is there anything I can do?
MOLD. Most symptoms you describe are related to mold. Get it tested.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:32 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times
In our case we lived on a property owned by a family for over 50 years. The elderly couple retired there from the city and raised 2 kids. When they both passed each kid got a house. The elderly couple lived in the older house and he built the newer house, a small house, by hand, in his 70s. He built it for his wife, who was ill, but she died before he finished it. He died not long after finishing it and no one had ever lived it in when we moved in. Our house was owned by the daughter, who now lived out of state. The older house was owned by the son, also out of state.
The daughter flat out told me that she did not like visiting the property. She refused to go in the older house where she was raised. In 7 years she only came 3 times to the new house and then never stayed more than 10 minutes after a 3 hour drive. She was weird anyway and refused to say why she was so uncomfortable and we never asked why.
I never saw or heard anything while we lived there. One of my dogs would sit and stare and follow ''something'' with her eyes and moving her head around like she was following something.
What did happen was a never-ending chain of unhappy events from the time we moved in until the day we moved out 7 years later. This was during the recession and a lot of people struggled, but we could not get a break. When we did something would happen to cancel out that positive.
There were so many events that I could not recount them all, but the curious thing was that the clincher would be something negative would happen that you could no way predict. It might be some mundane thing, but it had a big impact.
Negatives involved illness, loss of jobs, deaths of pets, etc. We wound up selling everything we owned but our old clothes in order to survive financially due to job losses. There were no jobs and we were living in an isolated rural area during the height of the recession. We were too poor to relocate to an urban area to maybe find work, so we stayed.
One evening this woman owner showed up on our/her doorstep and gave us 30 days to vacate. She wanted her house back for family gatherings. That in itself was beyond shocking, totally unexpected.
The night before we did the final packing I was sitting in the den when an ornamental shelf flew straight out of the wall in front of me and landed across the room. I took this as a sign that we were to ''hurry it up'' and get out. We did!
We moved to an area closer to the city and our string of bad luck continued. Job losses, death of 2 dogs, strokes, heart attacks, victims of crime, etc. This went on for another 4 years.
One day I was watching a show about objects carrying dark energy and bringing bad luck. I thought of an object we had brought from
the farm and wondered: could it be? Within days I drove out to the farm and left the object in the field under cover of darkness.
Since then 11 months ago, things have taken a turn for the better in our lives. Things aren't perfect, but are better. We try not to expect the worst, but it's hard. There is almost a kind of PTSD after going through all of this.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:44 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a single post in this thread that's laughing and/or derisive.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:49 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post
I agree. Seems alot of people on this forum don't believe in the supernatural or paranormal. Weird place to hang out if you don't believe in such "drivel." Anyhoo, I believe in curses on land and I believe they can go down generations.

The question is how to break such curses. Selling the house or land is the only answer? Has anyone lived through such a curse, sold the house/land and had a better life after? I'd sure be interested if someone went through such a scenario and can relate it here.
I don't believe or disbelieve. Some really weird things have happened to me, and I'm still trying to figure out what went on. Those things are mostly associated with my parents house. The deed indicates that it was built in 1926, but someone died there in 1924. I found the obituary online. Other papers suggest the 1890s. Perhaps the old place burned or was razed and the new one built. I'll never know.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:17 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a single post in this thread that's laughing and/or derisive.
Maybe it was deleted as this thread was closed for a while by the Moderator.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:49 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyphd View Post
So, after almost three years of living in this house that is about 40 years old and our lives really sucking since then, I had a eureka moment and realized it's the house. We've had crazy bad luck since we've been here: job loss, money problems, poor health, sudden discord in a formerly very happy marriage of 17 years. My husband is always exhausted to the point of almost not being able to talk in the evenings, and I have had an overwhelming desire to "escape" since we've been here. I dream about other places, other lives I could have, other partners I would rather have in my life. I have never seen or set foot in the basement. Why? I have no idea, but something just will not let me go down there. When I go out for the day I slowly feel that oppression lift, I start to feel like my old self, then minutes after I get home, even if no one else is here, I feel it again. I know once we leave we will be fine. How? Dunno, just do. My mother is no longer around, but she used to be able to step in a house and tell you if it was "clean" or not (meaning energy). I have no doubt she would have refused to stay here. My nickname for the house is Dracula's Castle, and it was my husband who picked it out from a very small inventory. I saw it for the first time in person after the closing, and many people tell us how beautiful it is (Tudor style, very big, at the top of a steep hill.) Yeah, I know it could all be explained away, but. But. I don't think it's haunted, but there is some kind of heaviness here. Any ideas of what the deal could be and how I might be able to make it better? The former owners were elderly and from what I can tell very nice people. The husband died of old age and she sold soon after. I have no idea if he died in the house or not, and frankly I don't want to know. Is there anything I can do?
I abaolutely agree with you. Our place of living has a huge effect on our lives.

I would suggest to move out as soon as you can or take a long vacation for a minimum.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:57 PM

68 posts, read 71,144 times
I had an experience almost identical to the OP's with my old apartment. Like a few others on this thread, I've lived in haunted houses before, and this was at least a different kind of haunting, a far more subtle and yet also more damaging thing. Fatigue, depression, mysterious and random medical issues, generally bad luck, discord between people, and most of all feeling better the longer we were away from that place. There was simultaneously a strange... lack of motivation to leave, if that makes any sense.

The longer we were there, the more pronounced the effects became, I believe because whatever curse or entity was on that land was feeding off the energy of all the people in the more than 100 unit apartment complex. There's no doubt that if the place had felt as oppressive and dark when I first toured it as it did when I left more than five years later, I'd never have agreed to live there in the first place.

None of the natural explanations (mold, Chinese drywall, whatever) make sense anyway, but my final proof it was supernatural was when, as I was leaving for the last time with the last of my things, half the idiot lights on my van lit up at once. Something was putting up a final fight against me leaving. They went out one by one as I drove away, without a single one left on by the time I was off the huge hill the apartment complex was built on. There was nothing actually wrong with the van and no idiot lights have come on again since. If that was toxic mold, I'd really love to meet the sentient spore responsible, lol.

90% of our problems, from financial issues to mental and physical problems and even my other car being temperamental, have vanished since leaving that place. Staying there for more than two years after I knew there was something bad about the property/place was an unforgivable mistake which I'll always regret.

Of course I tried cleansing the the old apartment, many times and through many methods. While sage and ritual can remove lingering bad energies, they were like bringing a twig to a gunfight in that place. The only solution, and what I'll always tell anyone else dealing with a similar thing, is to pack up, leave, and never go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal