Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 09:50 AM

100 posts, read 69,002 times

Advertisements

Eerie things going on at serial killer's childhood home in Tacoma

[LEFT]So many things, in fact, that a contractor hired to remodel the home penciled Bible scriptures on the walls and brought in two pastors to bless the house.
“I’m not one to believe a lot of this stuff, but this house made me a believer,” said Casey Clopton, the contractor.
A cry for help appeared on a window as crew members worked in the basement. Heavy furniture wedged into a wall toppled over. Doors and cabinets seemed to open themselves.
It all started in September, when David Truong bought the 1,400-square-foot home with plans to redo and flip it.
He didn’t research its history, so he didn’t know the local lore or who had lived there.
The little blue house was built in 1946, the same year Bundy was born in Vermont. The Bundy family moved into the home in 1955, records show.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/eerie-things-going-on-at-serial-killers-childhood-home-in-tacoma/520548320

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 12:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I don't buy it...no one has said anything about this 71 year old house. Bundy was executed in 1989....so if it's him...why wait. And he didn't kill anyone there....

I think hoax.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
That's a nice little house. I like the front door.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:07 AM

100 posts, read 69,002 times
It makes me laugh how quick people are to use the word hoax. At the same time revealing how little they know about Poltergeist like hauntings.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:05 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
It makes me laugh how quick people are to use the word hoax. At the same time revealing how little they know about Poltergeist like hauntings.
Having reviewed your "evidence" regarding your alleged haunting I am more skeptical than ever and distrustful of people that make these kind of claims.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:02 PM

102 posts, read 101,540 times
I live by Tacoma and am a ghost believer with a true crime interest, so of course I flipped when I read this! I bet it's him.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:08 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
Default Bundy's in hell

I do not believe it one bit. As another poster said, there were no tragedies in the house, and Bundy took his murder sprees elsewhere.
Now, there are however lots of places in Pioneer Square and Chinatown which are haunted. The building where the Wa Mee massacres took place, for instance, and a whole lotta other places. Pick up an Emmett Watson book. He describes Seattle history to a tee.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I don't buy it...no one has said anything about this 71 year old house. Bundy was executed in 1989....so if it's him...why wait. And he didn't kill anyone there....
I think hoax.
But it could get a news story made of it, and eventually end up on maps of haunted houses, hence raising the value of said home to that particular niche market.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:24 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
But it could get a news story made of it, and eventually end up on maps of haunted houses, hence raising the value of said home to that particular niche market.
Yes, but... that is a very limited market. Consider, it’s not just a “haunted” house, it’s a serial killer’s house... and just a serial killer, but Ted Bundy, a famous serial killer...which means you’re going to have to deal with looky loos and news people angling for a story, several times a year.

That to me is a stigmatized house, and would go down in value. But I’m not in real estate, so I could be wrong. In my opinion what this guy did could easily backfire, and cost him money...

Old 10-19-2017, 01:57 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yes, but... that is a very limited market. Consider, it’s not just a “haunted” house, it’s a serial killer’s house... and just a serial killer, but Ted Bundy, a famous serial killer...which means you’re going to have to deal with looky loos and news people angling for a story, several times a year.

That to me is a stigmatized house, and would go down in value. But I’m not in real estate, so I could be wrong. In my opinion what this guy did could easily backfire, and cost him money...
Yes, but you sound normal, hence normal reaction. (stigmatized house)
What about the thousands of people (maybe more on a worldwide scale) who thrive on this sort of thing? Serial killers' 'art' is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. There are people who would pay a small fortune for that sort of thing.

...and the Owner could always turn it into a Bed and Breakfast for all of those Lookey Loos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal