U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:34 PM

109 posts, read 81,789 times

Advertisements

My biggest unexplained mystery has to be a number of years ago about 1am I was downstairs when someone flashed a green pen light , I looked out of the window and couldn't see anyone , too this day I don't know who it was.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 12:40 PM

2,614 posts, read 2,042,933 times
Who was Jack The Ripper, REALLY?

Old 06-01-2017, 12:41 PM

2,614 posts, read 2,042,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceJackox View Post
My biggest unexplained mystery has to be a number of years ago about 1am I was downstairs when someone flashed a green pen light , I looked out of the window and couldn't see anyone , too this day I don't know who it was.
I've owned a green laser pen for many years, and it could throw a beam over a mile. Maybe that's what you saw. Could have been a neighbor kid fooling around.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:44 PM

1,783 posts, read 1,240,341 times
My biggest unexplained mystery is: I was a kid in Brooklyn. I was in the backyard at night with my grandmother and we both saw what (to me) looked like a slow-moving "asteroid/rock-shaped" thing in the sky. Neither one of us knew what it was. Looking back, it could have been a lighted blimp or something. I'm sure that if I ever found picture of it, it would look nothing like what I "remember" it to look like. How much of what we are sure that we "remember" is really conflated, filled-in, maximized/minimized, real, or just plain wrong!?

Old 06-01-2017, 10:28 PM

3,182 posts, read 3,941,301 times
When I lived in an isolated rural area I saw something that has baffled me for the past 9 years. It was late at night and I had stepped out on the back porch which faced the woods to the rear and a neighboring farm to the side. I could look over to the next propertie's back pasture and I did and saw what looked just like a big, orange harvest moon. Only this was not in the sky. It was in the pasture and was behind a huge old tree down there. The object came to about the top of the tree.
I just looked at it, trying to figure out how the moon got behind this tree and this low to the ground. I turned away for only a few seconds to reach inside our back screen door in order to retrieve my binoculars. When I turned my head back around it was gone.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:07 AM

26,154 posts, read 17,011,484 times
Quote:
What is your biggest unexplained mystery of all time?
Life,whats it all about??

Why are we here????? What is the universe and moreso "WHERE IS THE UNIVERSE?"

I could go on and on!!!!!

Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 AM

440 posts, read 509,063 times
Cloudy night around 10pm. Not a star in the sky over the house. Then I looked at the sky again and saw stars moving slowly below the clouds in an unorganized pattern. No blinking lights, no sounds, nothing attached to them, they simply looked just like moving stars. Then, they started to form in a vertical line in the sky. Once they formed the vertical line, they slowly began to move around again in a disorganized pattern, and began to form a horizontal line. This horizontal line of stars slowly began to move towards me, and when they were over my head I counted nine of them. I continued to watch as they flew away into the distance until I couldn't see them anymore. They looked just like stars, but I will always wonder if they could have been drones or? One other witness that I know of saw this happen.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-02-2017 at 09:58 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 AM

2,883 posts, read 1,731,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Life,whats it all about??

Why are we here????? What is the universe and moreso "WHERE IS THE UNIVERSE?"

I could go on and on!!!!!

Phbbbt. The answer to this is 42. Read your Douglas Adams.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:07 PM

28,796 posts, read 11,952,218 times
God issue. To me it's from a lot of very very early fear stories to control people way way back.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:13 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,151,372 times
Is there anything after death?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal