U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 09:44 PM

4,528 posts, read 4,017,523 times

Advertisements

I have read that our astral body leaves our physical at night and that many people just float a few feet above their body to absorb the astral energy or whatever. These people do not astral project to other places or become conscious in that state but just hang around their body the whole nighttime, 'sleeping' and dreaming in an unaware state.

This is a recurring theme for me and causes much frustration, so I am sorry if you are gtting bored with these kind of posts.

I think this is what is happening to me because , although I am often aware of coming suddenly back into my physical and waking up, I am never (only twice in my life) aware of being out there consciously.

Maybe it is according to some level of awakening which I have not reached yet? Maybe there is a block somewhere which does not allow me to progress or experience the full consciousness necessary to take control of that state of being and go further?

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can 'wake up' to this reality and project further? I appear to be able to get out when I sleep but it is the awareness and consciousness ability that I lack.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 10:01 PM

87,863 posts, read 81,643,442 times
Have you read Moody's books? Isn't he the one who figured out how to "get out", so to speak, and project himself all around, wherever he wanted to go? IDK if people can be taught that, but he seemed to think they could. He used binaural beats to induce something like a trance state.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:25 PM

331 posts, read 234,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you read Moody's books? Isn't he the one who figured out how to "get out", so to speak, and project himself all around, wherever he wanted to go? IDK if people can be taught that, but he seemed to think they could. He used binaural beats to induce something like a trance state.
No, that was Robert Monroe.

Robert Crookall was an earlier version of Monroe, but less sensationalistic. He did some self-research and determined that, as realistic and convincing as his OBE's had been, they did not correspond to reality - i.e., he had not in fact been out of his body.

No offense to True Believers, but Monroe's books strike me as entirely bogus.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:56 PM

4,528 posts, read 4,017,523 times
I have a few of Robert Monroe The Gateway Experience DVDs which are good and use hemisync sound as you say. His books are good too. I have read widely for many years on all these kind of subjects and 'tried' all kinds of things. Of course, I am not sure if I have done them correctly or for long enough, but I seem to think that if anything was going to happen, it would have happened for me by now. Maybe it is down to my attitude to it all and this state of mind is what is placing the block.

As I said, sometimes I wonder if there are some people who are just not at the right stage to experience these effects. I mean some spiritual practices I have done every day for a year or more and still nothing has changed - which is why I am coming to the conclusion there are just some people who dont get the reported effects.

When I was a Spiritualist, many years ago, there were reports of people who waited for 20 years to get 'connected' and yes, I understand there is a 'right' time for these things to happen, the Universe has its own timescales, etc. However, there comes a time when you have to accept that nothing is going to happen and however much effort is put in, the effects are perhaps waiting for an expanded awareness which wont happen until we get 'upstairs'.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
No, that was Robert Monroe.

Robert Crookall was an earlier version of Monroe, but less sensationalistic. He did some self-research and determined that, as realistic and convincing as his OBE's had been, they did not correspond to reality - i.e., he had not in fact been out of his body.

No offense to True Believers, but Monroe's books strike me as entirely bogus.
Thanks, yeah--Monroe. Yeah, his self-induced OBE book (I think there were 2?) was quite a departure from his earlier work. I don't remember noticing anything obviously fake about his earlier books (I read them a very long time ago), but the OBE one seemed very "out there". Almost like a different person had written them.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have a few of Robert Monroe The Gateway Experience DVDs which are good and use hemisync sound as you say. His books are good too. I have read widely for many years on all these kind of subjects and 'tried' all kinds of things. Of course, I am not sure if I have done them correctly or for long enough, but I seem to think that if anything was going to happen, it would have happened for me by now. Maybe it is down to my attitude to it all and this state of mind is what is placing the block.

As I said, sometimes I wonder if there are some people who are just not at the right stage to experience these effects. I mean some spiritual practices I have done every day for a year or more and still nothing has changed - which is why I am coming to the conclusion there are just some people who dont get the reported effects.

When I was a Spiritualist, many years ago, there were reports of people who waited for 20 years to get 'connected' and yes, I understand there is a 'right' time for these things to happen, the Universe has its own timescales, etc. However, there comes a time when you have to accept that nothing is going to happen and however much effort is put in, the effects are perhaps waiting for an expanded awareness which wont happen until we get 'upstairs'.
I think it's a matter of some people being gifted one way or another, like people with perfect pitch, or such a good musical ear that all they have to do is hear something played once, and they can sit down and play it. OTOH, I know from taking a couple of workshops myself, that some of these talents can be developed with practice. I've had good luck with psychometry.

A friend of mine in college was Chinese, and in her family, astral projection was hereditary. Her father and brother could do it, but her mother and maternal grandmother couldn't. In her, it started happening spontaneously, very suddenly in her teens. It got weird enough that she finally mentioned it to her older brother, who then confessed the family secret--that he and their dad had been doing this, and he gave her a book about it, so she could get an understanding of what it was. Curiously, their dad was adopted, so they don't know what his lineage back in China was. There are shaman's lineages, and such, but nothing is known about the dad's natural parentage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal