Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:19 AM

50 posts, read 37,248 times

Advertisements

Yes me and my father ran into a strange woman three times who said he would be famous but the thing creepy about it was that is was really ment for me and not my dad because I always wanted to become famous she must have got her reading crossed wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 04:06 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,601,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
I've had more than one comment directed at me personally during times when I really needed to hear something positive or encouraging. I can think of 3 right now, but don't care to elaborate as they were so personal that there had to be some divine origin behind them. I do believe in angels or spiritual guides and these fell into that realm of experience. ''Right words given at the right time'' sort of thing.

I've had these happen to me too. Once, as a teenager, I was at McDonald's standing in line to order. A lady came up to me and said, "It's ok, God loves you", and then she turned to walk away. I turned to watch her, but she was gone. It was really strange. I'm not quite sure why that happened, as I don't think I was under any undue stress. I also had an odd series of dreams when I was about 17 or 18. I was having trouble with my mom and I was very upset about it. She was having trouble with my stepdad, and was taking it out on me (not beating me or anything, just being a jerk). In the first dream, I was in a restaurant, I think, and my Great Grandmother showed up. For some reason, I became afraid of her, and she asked me for a hug. Because I was scared, I told her no. She kept asking me to hug her and said "I just love you and want a hug". I never gave it to her, and then woke up. She and I had been super close, and she taught me a lot of life lessons that I still use today. I didn't think much of it, but then that night I dreamt that I was walking along the shore of the lake where my Great Grandparents and my grandpa had lived. It was night out, and a little misty. I walked into a stand alone garage next to a house for some reason, and in the garage was my Great Grandma's car. She had driven some type of large green car (in the 70's). The dream started to feel creepy again, and I walked out of the garage toward the water. Suddenly I saw a younger version of my Great Grandfather walk toward me. For some reason, he didn't scare me, and I was so happy to see him. We started walking together, and he told me that I didn't need to be afraid of her (my ggrandma), because she just missed me very much and was worried about me and that she loved me. We walked a little more together, and he said if I ever needed him, he would be there. When I woke from that one, I was calmer, but thought how odd that I would have one dream with her scaring me (not on purpose though, she was just too assertive), and then the next night have one with my great grandfather coming to tell me not to be afraid of her. I had one more dream with him in it the third night, same location again, and he told me a phrase to repeat to myself when I was afraid of anything. Sadly, I don't remember what that was, but prayer was included. Once my mom and I were no longer having our issue, I told her about the dreams. She believed it was them really coming to help me feel better. I think it also put her on alert that they may be able to see how she was acting and she never acted like that again.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:06 PM

10,987 posts, read 9,627,403 times
Well Love Roses, now you know what to do next time your mom starts acting mean. Just tell her G-G-Ma paid you another visit!

Old 11-07-2017, 03:12 AM

4,650 posts, read 4,085,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
My ex's stepmom was a huge believer is psychics. I've never been a believer. The reason she believed, according to her, was because when she was in her late teens (the 1940's) she went with 3 friends to a psychic while on a vacation trip. The first three girls had their fortunes read and then the fourth girl was sitting with the psychic, the psychic suddenly said that they should leave and she would refund the fourth girl's money. She wouldn't say why, other than "I can't see anything, sorry". The girls were irritated and freaked out a little by that. A few weeks later, the fourth girl was killed in a car accident. So she has always believed that the psychic saw either the death, or "no future at all", for this girl.
Ever see TOUCH OF EVIL?

"Your future's all used up."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgEmKN3-Das

Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,970,897 times
well this is not as weird as the others in this thread but still....

I was walking along a beach in a touristy area and a group of about 5 middleaged guys asked me (about 40 yo F at the time) to take a picture of them. As I was looking through their camera and taking the picture, I heard one of the guys say something like, "Why are you wearing that jacket, looks like a motorcycle gang?" I was wearing a leather jacket at the time. I don't know why someone would say that to a person who was doing them a favor. It was early morning so probably alcohol was not a factor. I wonder if I somehow "picked up" the guy's thoughts.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM

12,657 posts, read 14,791,500 times
I can honestly say that in my entire life, NO ONE has said any kind of strange, odd, peculiar comments to me. I prefer it that way!

Old 11-07-2017, 06:22 PM

1,666 posts, read 960,652 times
I'm from Louisiana. My wife and I always takes a vacation out of state at least every year.

When abroad, we make small talk with the locals. When they ask about where we come from, we say Louisiana. They raise their eyebrows and usually say that we don't sound like it. Only just a little country "twang" and proper English.

I guess that it's from the slaughtering of the Cajun accents from movies. But since I know some Cajun French, I do say a few things. And they usually agree about the dialect slaughter.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 AM

102,062 posts, read 107,003,261 times
A friend just told me about a mysterious comment from a stranger. He said a Native American man came up to him out in public, out on the street somewhere, and struck up a conversation, and told my friend that his (deceased) mother was by his side. He could see her. He said she's very eager to communicate with her son (my friend), but isn't able to from the other realm. And then he walked away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal