Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 05:55 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,860,569 times

Advertisements

Never happened to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 10:49 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,450,813 times
One I can recall (to me) was when I was visiting the Kennedy Air and Space Museum about ten years ago in February. I was at the outdoor display with names of those who passed in various missions. It's a large panel very solemn with the names etched in smaller square stainless steel panels if I recall correctly.

Anyhow, I'm standing there reading the plaques as I surmise many do when they visit and get to this part of the outdoor displays and a woman about 60ish turns to me and says in a presumptuous telling way, "someone there has great meaning (or maybe it was related) to you". I simply turned and said, "no" and went on my way. I think she was hoping to talk and was making presumptions based on her 'perception'.

In retrospect I think I have been the stranger making the odd comment. It sticks in my mind and consider it odd so I'll add it in case it helps shed some light on where / how the context may derive.

Some years ago while returning from a Phoenix vacation I noticed a naturally beautiful blonde flight attendant which for some uncanny reason as I observed her being helpful and accommodating (I know its her job) there was something about her body language, demeanor and 'spirit' that prompted me to when disembarking and passing her to simply say, "Don't ever let anyone take advantage of you."

I think at the time something about her mannerisms triggered a past association to someone else I once knew with same qualities and knew how such genuine qualities can often times be turned against someone to their detriment. For some odd reason that particular return flight at that particular moment it made the angst / turmoil of recalling that other person some how transfer it to the flight attendant whether warranted or not (most likely).

I noticed her as I was waiting for baggage walking with another flight crew and looking my way in conversation and then thought in hindsight I should have kept my 'transferring association' to myself as it likely did not convey a positive from me. Rather it would have sounded to her like "you seem like the type of person who would let yourself be used". I will never say something like that to a stranger again.

On the flip side it would be even more bizarre to have that FA be a CD reader of the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum and write in saying some stranger told her once while exiting a flight "Don't ever let anyone take advantage of you" and then relate she was in a bad relationship that took some time to realize .... (Cue the twilight zone theme music).

Old 06-26-2017, 01:30 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
The fortune cookie memory from Vasily reminded me of one I got. It was the day before I was to leave on my honeymoon and it read "You will be taking a trip soon." It was very apt.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:21 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
I've always wanted to pull what Al Pacino, in the role of Lucifer, pulled in The Devil's Advocate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hW7QTEYyrw

Old 06-27-2017, 10:09 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
I have had some paranormal moments...I was told I was "more sensitive" than normal...I guess that's the only way to explain it

I was 15 and there was a fire at the end of our street...ran down there with others to watch fireman put out the blaze it was a small office building with an apartment on top...

this other onlooker, whom Id never met before was staring at me...then she came over and said "you see it, right"
she looked totally normal...not your typical horror movie loony...she pointed at the building and said "them"

I saw "something"...it was humanoid but vague...then it was gone and I thought it was from the heat...she told me it was an old couple who died in the fire...

sure enough, in the paper "elderly couple dies in fire"

she told me the reason I didn't see them clearly was because they burned to death
to this day this scares me

Old 06-27-2017, 10:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
in the late 70's me and a couple of my navy shipmates were walking across a mall parking lot in San Diego when a car load of hippees drove past and one of the yelled out; *******-Swabbies! well, they were only half right but still pretty weird...

Old 06-27-2017, 08:34 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Lots. And none of them include anything Mysterious or Strange.

1) cold reading
2) they are themselves loons prone to making ridiculous pronouncements because they like the attention they get or to watch people being put off balance, or they're off their meds.
3) the guy has seen your daughter elsewhere, perhaps has seen her driver's license or other ID to get into a club, movie, or bar, or simply when writing a check or checking ID prior to using a debit or credit card. Or he knows someone who knows her. Or he has been stalking her. Or any combination of those, plus lots of other non-mysterious things.
I agree. I have long attracted weirdos in the NYC streets who come up to me saying things. One guy on the Canal St station downtown approached me a while back saying I needed to learn about the"Mother of God" and to come with him. I told him to walk away and get lost. Numerous others in public places have come up to me to air grievances about anything from poor customer service in a store to thier significant others, or ask stupid or bizarre questions.

In the last year it's diminished as I previously wore a suit to work and had to stay clean shaven. Now that I'm in a casual job I look scruffier and lo and behold only one incident. A Guy yelling about the Government. Much better.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
Things are very fated and people arrive on your path to set things in motion you must be a soulful,intuitive person who attracts all these signposts from the universe.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:00 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,452 times
Cool thread! One of my dear friends told me the day she went to the dr. and found out she was pregnant something odd happened to her. Her pregnancy start was awful, she was sick all the time and lost a lot of weight in the beginning, even before she found out she was pregnant she was down to a size 0.

So after the appointment, she stopped by a local grocery store and an old gypsy lady came up to her and put her hand on my friends stomach. She said "Congratulations, you are going to have a son". Totally shocked her. There is no way someone could have seen any bump in her stomach. She had no stomach!

And 8 months later she had a boy!!!!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:05 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,452 times
Ooooh I do have another one, my husband and I had symphony tickets several months ago. We got there so early, the doors were still closed. So we sat outside this courtyard area. We were just talking and next thing I noticed was an elderly black man standing next to me and I could tell he was hungry. I had this really odd spiritual feeling about him.

He asked for money and I gave him a $20, turned to my husband to say something and 2 seconds later looked back at him and he was not there. There was no place he could go, unless he took off running! The courtyard was a wide open area and my head was turned for just seconds.

My husband looked at me and both our arms had goosebumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal