Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 07:08 AM

855 posts, read 620,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I've read all the comments and she didn't really answer the question - just a bunch of lame excuses. I guess she's happy to have you back her up, though.

I have security cameras all around my house. It's not at all hard to go back and review what they record. No one would have to go through hours of video. You know when it happened after it happens, so all you have to do is watch the video at that particular time frame. Not hard at all to do.
This presumes that everyone feels the need to have their house riddled with security cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
So I guess if I did catch something I would post it here. Only to share with others who are curious but honestly I would never use it to get rich or famous. Anyone who would do that would be highly motivated to fake it!
That's a good point.

Even though I'm a big believer in such phenomena, I also realize that
imagery can be doctored. The only real way to be convinced is to
experience these things for oneself.

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 12:05 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Second is a dear friend of mine had video taped a trip to New Orleans. At first they (her and her husband) were just filming their trip but when things started happening in their room they decided to record it. I saw the tape along with another friend. It was crazy! Cabinet doors were opening and closing while they slept. Their faucet would turn on by itself and they got that on film. She ended up posting it on YouTube but got so much flack with people claiming she had rigged the doors and the faucet that she ended up taking it down. Which sucked because it was the genuine thing.

So I guess if I did catch something I would post it here. Only to share with others who are curious but honestly I would never use it to get rich or famous. Anyone who would do that would be highly motivated to fake it!
Wow! That's quite a story! They actually caught the action on film, while they were asleep! And that IS freaky! I wonder--did they say anything to the hotel management? And I can't imagine how one would rig doors and drawers to open and shut on their own.

I'm still very curious about the science behind such things. How would "they" move stuff around like that, if they're in spirit form? Clearly, there's some kind of energetic factor at work, but that doesn't go very far as an explanation. I can't connect the rest of the dots. I regard this as one of the frontiers of physics.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:28 PM

17,189 posts, read 12,046,139 times
Yeah that's where the science would go. Attempting to figure out what force was acting on the handles. Magnetic anomaly? Some sort of updraft? Wouldn't make the jump to attribute that to a spirit without extraordinary evidence.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:51 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah that's where the science would go. Attempting to figure out what force was acting on the handles. Magnetic anomaly? Some sort of updraft? Wouldn't make the jump to attribute that to a spirit without extraordinary evidence.
I'm willing to go that far--attributing it to a spirit presence. There have been enough examples of animals barking or hissing at seemingly nothing in houses reported to be haunted, or as someone said on a thread here--animals going into all-out avoidance after seeing/perceiving something, that I think there's something to the "spirit" theory.

What needs to be investigated somehow, is the properties of those spirit presences. How are they able to move things, and create noises? Do they have an electro-magnetic field? How could that be; what would it be based on? The human EM field is created by the electrical activity of the body's functions, but a "spirit" doesn't have a body to generate electricity. Consciousness? Is consciousness somehow tied in with electro-magnetism on a subtle level? But moving solid objects goes beyond "subtle".

Clearly, there's much that science doesn't know. ...yet.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:34 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,656,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
This presumes that everyone feels the need to have their house riddled with security cameras.

-
LOL - No, it doesn't "presume" anything. I have security cameras - exactly 4 of them, so my house is hardly "riddled with security cameras."

All she would really need is one, but as she said, she doesn't want to spend the money on that right now.

What is your problem? Do you just want to argue with someone? If that's the case, go find someone else, because I'm not in the mood for you and this is the last time I'm going to respond to any of your snarky comments.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:16 AM

855 posts, read 620,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
LOL - No, it doesn't "presume" anything. I have security cameras - exactly 4 of them, so my house is hardly "riddled with security cameras."

All she would really need is one, but as she said, she doesn't want to spend the money on that right now.

What is your problem? Do you just want to argue with someone? If that's the case, go find someone else, because I'm not in the mood for you and this is the last time I'm going to respond to any of your snarky comments.
No need to get defensive.
And yes, that does seem like lot of security cameras.

-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal