Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,846 times

Advertisements

I am a parapsychologist, and I can tell you with no uncertainty that these phenomena are real. I'm also one of the few parapsychologists who will tell you the truth. No one has ANY idea what these phenomena are. Or more accurately, I'll say that no one has any scientific proof of what they "think" they are. We refer to them as "ghosts", the spirit of a departed person. But that's only because that belief has been part of our culture for thousands of years. If that's the case, why have there been very well-documented cases of phantom wagons rolling down a street in the middle of the night? Wagons don't have a soul. No, a human spirit may be part of the puzzle but believe me, it is a hugely complex puzzle.

As far as this movie is concerned, I have no idea if it's authentic or not. Probably not. But it did very accurately depict what can, and has, happened on some investigations that I've been involved in of very active hauntings.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I found it to be one of the best homemade films yet to be created. Can't even compare blairwitch or paranormal activity to it. For those that don't think it's real. It's just like they said in the movie. Your mind will try to deny what it can't comprehend. I for one have experienced likeness of this film. So I can't be moved on this is fake. You never know till you've been there with that Ghost that you can't control . all you can do is watch and wait.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:10 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,454,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBrown74 View Post
I found it to be one of the best homemade films yet to be created. Can't even compare blairwitch or paranormal activity to it. For those that don't think it's real. It's just like they said in the movie. Your mind will try to deny what it can't comprehend. I for one have experienced likeness of this film. So I can't be moved on this is fake. You never know till you've been there with that Ghost that you can't control . all you can do is watch and wait.
It seemed to be getting more active, catching it on film AGAIN should not be a problem at all....and he was a movie maker....

But the kicker for me was:
Spoiler

The man removed the wrench/pliers/tool that was holding the manhole cover open when he examined it and left it out. At the very end they are there. Not only is it highly unlikely that a spirit/ghost/elf would do this he also does not mention it or highlight it.

They messed up the editing or shooting order.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
The guy in this Movie or whatever it called is also in The Phoenix Lights 97'... So guess what it's FAKE as hell... Thanks for watching...

Old 09-14-2017, 10:43 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,895,029 times
Here's an interesting commentary on the film:

https://ihorror.com/blackwell-ghost-...ie-great-hook/

The reviewer's inability to find information about the filmmaker or the Blackwells is a huge red flag. But if it's entertaining, so what? If Animal Planet can do a fake documentary about mermaids and Discovery Channel can do a fake documentary about megalodon, why not this guy? Apparently doing fake documentaries without revealing they're fictional is a thing now. Which is a sorry commentary on our society's view of truth and reality and the acceptability of pulling the wool over peoples' eyes, in my opinion.

But given the positive comments here on its entertainment value, I've changed my mind -- I think I'm going to go ahead and watch it.

Last edited by Vasily; 09-14-2017 at 10:51 AM..

Old 09-14-2017, 11:06 AM

22,827 posts, read 28,049,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post

I tried watching THE BLACKWELL GHOST and couldn't get into it. At turns too over-the-top ridiculous or too boring. No real intrigue. I think I lasted about 20 minutes before turning it off.

Quote:
But if it's entertaining, so what? If Animal Planet can do a fake documentary about mermaids and Discovery Channel can do a fake documentary about megalodon, why not this guy?
Yup. THE HISTORY CHANNEL has an interior series devoted to pseudo-history silliness. The more the merrier.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:56 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,895,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I tried watching THE BLACKWELL GHOST and couldn't get into it. At turns too over-the-top ridiculous or too boring. No real intrigue. I think I lasted about 20 minutes before turning it off.
Found this review by a guy who liked it -- Since I still have mixed feelings about wasting $2.00 and my time (I dropped Paranormal Activity 2 after about 20 minutes for the reasons you cite), I think I'll pass on this mockumentary and save my money for mother! this weekend.

http://foundfootagecritic.com/the-bl...t-2017-review/

Old 09-16-2017, 08:21 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMack View Post
I am a parapsychologist, and I can tell you with no uncertainty that these phenomena are real. I'm also one of the few parapsychologists who will tell you the truth. No one has ANY idea what these phenomena are. Or more accurately, I'll say that no one has any scientific proof of what they "think" they are. We refer to them as "ghosts", the spirit of a departed person. But that's only because that belief has been part of our culture for thousands of years. If that's the case, why have there been very well-documented cases of phantom wagons rolling down a street in the middle of the night? Wagons don't have a soul. No, a human spirit may be part of the puzzle but believe me, it is a hugely complex puzzle.

As far as this movie is concerned, I have no idea if it's authentic or not. Probably not. But it did very accurately depict what can, and has, happened on some investigations that I've been involved in of very active hauntings.
I agree with you doc. Evil is out there.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:47 AM

22,827 posts, read 28,049,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMack View Post
I'm also one of the few parapsychologists who will tell you the truth. No one has ANY idea what these phenomena are. Or more accurately, I'll say that no one has any scientific proof of what they "think" they are. We refer to them as "ghosts", the spirit of a departed person. But that's only because that belief has been part of our culture for thousands of years.
Seen this?

A man of science confronts demonic possession - CNN

Old 09-19-2017, 10:05 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,454,744 times
Quote:

The reviewer's inability to find information about the filmmaker or the Blackwells is a huge red flag. But if it's entertaining, so what? If Animal Planet can do a fake documentary about mermaids and Discovery Channel can do a fake documentary about megalodon, why not this guy? Apparently doing fake documentaries without revealing they're fictional is a thing now. Which is a sorry commentary on our society's view of truth and reality and the acceptability of pulling the wool over peoples' eyes, in my opinion.

But given the positive comments here on its entertainment value, I've changed my mind -- I think I'm going to go ahead and watch it.
It matters when people say that it it real. Nobody is saying that it is not a movie, but people are saying it is based on a real event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal