Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 670,266 times

Advertisements

Have you ever just "sensed" someone's presence and then you see them? Like, you might think about them briefly then you see them a short time later. For instance I thought about my mother today, sensed her and then saw her in a restaurant I was at. This happens quite frequently. What is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:32 PM

89 posts, read 78,151 times
Yes. Or when someone is almost home, you sense it, and then they walk in the door a minute later even though it's not their regular time. Don't have an answer for you, but yeah.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:26 PM

274 posts, read 235,422 times
In a similar vein, someone I haven't seen in quite a while will unexpectedly come to mind, and then soon after I will either see that person or hear from them. Or, unfortunately, I will receive word that they have passed on. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, definitely gives me pause for thought.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:24 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,710,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Have you ever just "sensed" someone's presence and then you see them? Like, you might think about them briefly then you see them a short time later. For instance I thought about my mother today, sensed her and then saw her in a restaurant I was at. This happens quite frequently. What is this?
Yes. I had that happen not too long ago in the grocery store. Someone I hadn't thought of in years.

I thought I saw her in the grocery store, and looking closer I realized that it wasn't her, and in fact didn't really look all that much like her. Puzzled by why I thought it was her, I kept walking and wow. There she was, a couple aisles over. The woman I briefly believed I had seen a couple moments before.

Very odd.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:01 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,047,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. I had that happen not too long ago in the grocery store. Someone I hadn't thought of in years.

I thought I saw her in the grocery store, and looking closer I realized that it wasn't her, and in fact didn't really look all that much like her. Puzzled by why I thought it was her, I kept walking and wow. There she was, a couple aisles over. The woman I briefly believed I had seen a couple moments before.

Very odd.

That must have freaked you out for a minute or two!

Old 07-06-2017, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,117 times
Default wow

Quote:
Jilly that is ESP and hyper sensitivity. it can be a blessing

Old 07-07-2017, 08:55 AM

503 posts, read 768,759 times
Quote:
For me, I will notice things that remind me of that person, their name will randomly pop into my head, or even see people that resemble the person. Sure enough I will find out that the person I have been thinking about either died, someone close to them has passed, or they are going through a major ordeal. So when I get "clues" about a certain person I know to connect with them ASAP!!

Old 07-07-2017, 11:02 AM

1,058 posts, read 670,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
For me, I will notice things that remind me of that person, their name will randomly pop into my head, or even see people that resemble the person. Sure enough I will find out that the person I have been thinking about either died, someone close to them has passed, or they are going through a major ordeal. So when I get "clues" about a certain person I know to connect with them ASAP!!
Yeah, me too, but I consider that more spiritual than just "ESP"- so do you think everyone has it or the ones that are more in tune with it are more aware of it happening? I would like to develop it a little more.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:59 PM

10,979 posts, read 9,625,214 times
Seems like it happens to me when I think of someone I haven't seen in a long, long time and they call me shortly after. A month or two after my divorce I had been wondering about a man from my past (14 years earlier, and I hadn't heard from him since) and within a week or so I got a message on my machine that he had been in my home town on a business trip and he just tried looking me up in the phone book. Amazingly, I had just changed my name back to my maiden name and the phone books had just come out with my listing in my new (old) last name.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:23 PM

503 posts, read 768,759 times
Quote:
Yeah, me too, but I consider that more spiritual than just "ESP"- so do you think everyone has it or the ones that are more in tune with it are more aware of it happening? I would like to develop it a little more.
I am not sure why it happens. I don't really subscribe to organized religion, but am somewhat spiritual. I am pretty intuitive in certain situations but don''t know if that is just me paying attention or if its something else. Any ideas on how to develop it further?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal