Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:09 PM

22,325 posts, read 11,842,839 times

Advertisements

Recently, something similar happened to my Dad. His phone rang one day and it was my aunt who died nearly 2 years earlier. She identified herself to him and then told him that my mother (who died nearly 20 years ago) wanted to talk to him. At that point, he heard them both talking in the background with one another. He called out "hello", then the call got disconnected.

To me, it sounded like my aunt wanted my mother to say something in particular to my Dad but she didn't want to do it, thus the talking in the background.

It struck me as being such a scenario --- You're in a room with someone and s/he tells you "I'm calling X and you need to tell him/her______" The other person is saying something like "No, I don't want to talk to X".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM

53 posts, read 59,003 times
I know of a case nearly identical to the OP's. I have also read about this happening to others, as well. Yes, it happened to me, too, after my mom passed. The phone rang, I heard only a frantic first part of my name and then the phone was still, nobody there. This happened twice. I knew exactly who it was. And it sounded exactly like my mom. NO phone number showed up on the phone id. None. It was blank.

I read that the energy of the person is able to use the energy of the phone lines, because spirit is energy. Laugh if you want. You are free to believe what you want. I know what happened to me. I know exactly who it was. The phone has special meaning to me at that time because both my mom and I did telemarketing work together at one time.

It is wonderful to be able to share this. I was glad to see this thread and finally tell what happened. I don't fear death as much now.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:56 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,215,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post
I know of a case nearly identical to the OP's. I have also read about this happening to others, as well. Yes, it happened to me, too, after my mom passed. The phone rang, I heard only a frantic first part of my name and then the phone was still, nobody there. This happened twice. I knew exactly who it was. And it sounded exactly like my mom. NO phone number showed up on the phone id. None. It was blank.

I read that the energy of the person is able to use the energy of the phone lines, because spirit is energy. Laugh if you want. You are free to believe what you want. I know what happened to me. I know exactly who it was. The phone has special meaning to me at that time because both my mom and I did telemarketing work together at one time.

It is wonderful to be able to share this. I was glad to see this thread and finally tell what happened. I don't fear death as much now.
That would certainly explain a few things, but now we need to figure out how "spirit" manages to be energy, like--how it works.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:21 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,022,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post

Joe, with all due consideration - did you WANT it to be mom, rather than your "knowing exactly who it was"? Were you drinking or using drugs? Were you stressed out, and not getting quality sleep? It may be possible that you hear SOME voice that was confused when you answered, still partially asleep, and were unable to carry a conversation. If it sounded like your mother - maybe a sister, or even a cousin...?

I want to put out there these possible explanations first. This is not to belittle your or anyone else's experience.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:23 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,022,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "Nightly Caller"
Here is a clip

https://youtu.be/dMnXoMpgKnU

Here is the full episode, I suggest you watch it.
I saw it when I was about 10 years old and the ending scared the crap out of me.
[dailymotion]x4260jb[/dailymotion]

I remember this well! It scared me, as I watched it past 1AM recently (within a couple years)...and I'm middle aged!

As a child, I would have been scarred by it for a while, the way "Carrie" worked for me.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:17 AM

46 posts, read 96,386 times
This reminds me of my mom. We were shopping one day (just the 2 of us) and at the time of the call we were in 2 different places for few minutes. When we got back few minutes later, she told me of her call. My mom never got rid of her cell number on her phone because it had sentimental value (at the time) so she knew it was her number calling her.

The number was already disconnected from her name, so someone else probably already got her number. But my mom thought she was calling her from beyond the grave because the call came in from her number.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:54 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,596,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
That's been my experience as well @Nanny Goat, while I don't experience it ( but do experience other contacts i.e. Odours/dreams/sense of touch) but I have heard from relatives of their numerous electrical/electronic experiences!!

The latest was from my son (41 yrs old) who died suddenly with unknown cause.. forensics and numerous attempts to figure it out was unable to figure it out! What I did get was a sudden interior pain when he actually passed.. so knew before it was even announced. When I arrived @hospital that night.. I could only acknowledge what I already knew.. Caressed his face and head ( like I did when he was a baby) and his his eyes!! I type with tears as he passed just last Nov. 26th of 2016. I feel and sense him.. but both of us were very sensitive types so believe he knows I don't need such contacts like electronic or electrical reminders that he's still around.

For those not so sensitive, THEY seem to require physical evidence .. Not me.. I sense it.. no need to hear or see things to know/acknowledge and understand it.

TY for allowing me to vent my side of all this wonderful ability I sure do miss my BOY!!
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. So much of this phenomenon that goes on w/ a death of someone close. I'm a sensitive, too, for lack of a better word. Born this way, but went to a program in the 90's that honed it a lot. Nurse, too, so I use it at work (no one knows) to help, too.

My teacher used to explain it to me that we all have a certain Cone of Perception (Vision, hearing, feeling, sensing, etc.). Some people, through various techniques, can open up their "Cone of Perception." We just go beyond the "normal" hearing, smelling, seeing, feeling--and we can sense more. I think we all can do it, but our society teaches us to ignore, belittle and dismiss it.

Have you ever read "Messages," the Book about 911? The author lost her husband and he had been having premonitions about his own death(along w/ many others). These were very left brained logical types, financial people. It's a wonderful book about the "Messages" they sent after. Her loss sent her on a different path and I'm actually re-reading the book right now!

Have a good day and God Bless!

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 07-11-2017 at 07:16 AM..

Old 07-11-2017, 06:58 AM

4 posts, read 4,135 times
Default that's a good one

yes it is

Old 07-11-2017, 07:10 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,596,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've heard so many stories of this kind, but no explanations. Someone needs to come up with a plausible theory. In order for "spirits" to be able to do those things, there would have to be an electro-magnetic phenomenon associated with them.

And while we're asking questions; what is it animals perceive, when they bark or hiss at "spirits", or refuse to enter a room with one in it? Are they seeing something on the light spectrum that's outside of human perception, or are they reacting to an EM field of some kind? They do appear to be reacting to a presence of some kind, but what is its nature?
I'm not a physicist, but when your "body" dies, the essence of "you," your energy Consciousness, doesn't "die." It can't. It just doesn't have a body anymore! The "You" part remains. The You that is eternal and isn't connected to a "Personality" or certain "Life Script"--job, parents, house, place, nationality, whatever else you can think of...

Quantum Physics, the particle isn't just a particle. It's Both a particle and a wave (as I recall the main premise). The particle "is," what it is, but the "wave" has the "potential" of being something else and that "something else" depends on the participant's view/participation in it. Our "reality" is based on our view of things, our perceptions, our own individual participation w/ "the thing" we're looking at! Reality is not as "solid" as people think! Weird stuff for sure.

I think QP explains some of this phenomenon, but it's beyond me! My take is on the experiential end of things. I'm not interested in a "scientific" explanation, because "science" right now has certain parameters for something to be"real." The scientific paradigm lays out a certain way to weigh things. If you come up w/ a different Paradigm (which they haven't perfected or know about even) for discovering what's "real" then you'll get a different set of conclusions, valid, but weighed through a different way. We don't have the set of parameters right now to "prove" these things concretly. So, we go by our experiences. Eventually, "Science" will catch up.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:03 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,336,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I rec'vd a call one night years ago after both of parents had died. I was living in their home.
It was abt 10.30pm and the phone rang. We had caller id too, but i didn't notice it.

Hello, ...then a woman's voice and she says Nancy...yeah...it's cold in here, I don't think the heater is working. And I'm like "who's this?'...this is your mother!!!!!
She con't to talk..i asked again who it was and again only more of a determined voice telling me this is my mother. I can't remember if I said anything after that or just hung up. I was freaking out!

So after i calmed down, i got the caller id # and had my cousin call it...and to make a long story short, this lady was trying to call her daughter, whose name also happens to be Nancy...and the end. whewwww.

I've had other strange happenings, but that's the only one involving a phone.
That would freak me out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal