Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 11:15 PM

53 posts, read 58,972 times

Advertisements

A former friend of ours is a witch. He stayed briefly at our house, and had to leave. I will get into this later in the post. This is making a long and complicated story very, very short. Many of his belonging were left at our place. One is a box containing many of the things that he used on his altar: statues to various deities (2 in lightly damaged condition), rocks, a crystal, a used cauldron (VERY spooky looking, with 5-pointed stars and what I believe to be gemstone cabochons), a weird chalice, a lovely vintage crystal plinth, incense burner among other things, some rather bizarre. What am I supposed to do with this stuff?

I feel very awkward tossing it in the trash. I absolutely DO NOT want to put this in my vehicle and take it to a flea market. Nope. I do not want to travel with it. I'm afraid something bad will be attracted to me or happen to me while traveling with it. Yep, I'm superstitious. Should I just toss it in the trash? I am leery to toss it out. I am leery to try and sell it. I am leery to do anything with it. I am afraid to do so, to be honest. Searches on the 'net didn't help much. This box has to go. It takes up room. Besides, I don't want this stuff in our place.

Some things concern me. One is a porcelain statue of a ninja warrior. He calls it a Buddha. It was made in the first third of the 20th century. It is that brown Satsuma Moriage ware. This bothers me because he said he channels the energy of the deity from it or through it by meditating on it. The other is a vintage compact with a jeweled lion cover. This was found with a curved, collapsible knife. These were found hidden in a bedroom he was staying in while at our house. I was told he would draw on the energy of the lion through this. He is a Leo, and I believe the lion is a totem animal. The knife was tossed in the trash. I'll get to that in a minute. I still have the ninja and the lion compact. I don't know what to do with them.

The ninja and compact are of concern to me because this person who I thought was a friend turned out to be someone we didn't know very well after all. He planned on stabbing my husband and I. It was his plan to kill us. We caught him with all our knives hidden in his room and wrapped in towels in his clothing. Some of those knives are huge. To make a long story very short, he is no longer living here and didn't get away with this. He tried this with the next person he moved in with, too. He is now in a facility and in ailing health. His friends do not bother with him in any way. I can't imagine why. He has no family.

I did contact him via phone and asked him what was I supposed to do with all of his belongings. I then asked about the altar items. He just said in an odd, unconcerned tone to sell it all. Now, I take that to mean that he has no interest in any of this. So, I asked him about the ninja/Buddha that he seemed so attached to, more because that thing truly scares me. He became very emotional over this. He wanted it returned to him. I didn't ask about the lion compact.

The Isis statue concerns me as well. He said he would offer blue feathers to it as an offering. He claimed it would spark in appreciation and acceptance of the offering. That is what he said. Can you see why I don't want this statue in our home, even if it is in a box in the garage? With it are 2 birds, one glass and one ceramic. The ceramic one has a little vase attached to it. I believe the feathers may have been put in there.

So, what do I do? Should I destroy the lion compact and ninja/Buddha? Send it to him? Toss out all this stuff? To add to this,one of the things in his stuff is a vintage ceramic Egyptian cat statue that I rather like. I also want the crystal plinth. It was in our home, he admired it so we gave it to him. I wish I could keep the cat statue and the plinth but I know I shouldn't. I have enough problems. I still want it, however. I am afraid they will attract something bad. Should I sell this stuff? Smash it up? The chalice, cauldron and Isis statue might sell, but as I said earlier, I am afraid to do so. Should I take this to a church and ask them to destroy this stuff? What do I do with this stuff?

Last edited by joejhere; 07-10-2017 at 11:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 01:10 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,151,738 times
I would contact a white witch (good magick) and ask for advice. They could tell you what to do to get rid of stuff and return stuff and protect yourself.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:21 AM

128,420 posts, read 11,859,851 times
Keep what you want & burn the rest at a stake.

I would probably send him the Buddha, out of compassion.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:14 AM

13,498 posts, read 18,116,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post
A....Should I take this to a church and ask them to destroy this stuff? What do I do with this stuff?
He sends you the money, you send it back like you would any other stuff that some guest left behind.

He doesn't send you the dough, dump it in the trash.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 07-11-2017 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Don't be rude.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:04 AM

He said he didn't want the stuff, except for the Buddha. He is in a facility, and can't accommodate all this stuff. The Buddha maybe. As for any other stuff, it is most certainly NOT just like any other stuff. They are items used in occult practice. Just send it? Just dump it?

Last edited by Tallysmom; 07-11-2017 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Report, don't be nasty back, please

Old 07-11-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post

I would probably send him the Buddha, out of compassion.
I am afraid to travel to the post office with it.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:58 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,260,928 times
I'm pretty sure Fed Ex will pick it up at your house. Go to their site and get the info. You should be able to select a pick up time!

Old 07-11-2017, 11:18 AM

221 posts, read 185,904 times
Contact a metaphysical/new age/occult store in your area and see if they are interested. Tell them it's a donation. Many of these items hold a spiritual/religious significance to others outside of your own religious belief. Someone will appreciate them. They may even agree to pick them up for you.

The items themselves hold no power over you other than the power you invest in them. A crucifix does absolutely nothing for me but to someone else it may be a powerful symbol or tool of faith. Regardless of how "out there" someone's religious beliefs are, I would still do my best to be respectful and show respect in regards to their spiritual property.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:24 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,226 posts, read 80,425,063 times
Put an ad on Craigslist, under "FREE" and I'm sure you will get plenty of nuts willing to take it all away. You could also go to Home Depot and offer to pay some of the day laborers with a truck to haul it to the dump, just don't tell them what it is.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 PM

13,498 posts, read 18,116,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post
He said he didn't want the stuff, except for the Buddha. He is in a facility, and can't accommodate all this stuff. The Buddha maybe. As for any other stuff, it is most certainly NOT just like any other stuff. They are items used in occult practice. Just send it? Just dump it?
So, you have your answers, I think.

Send the ninja statue, though the facility may make the final decision whether he can actually have it or not, considering that the man is deranged.

If you believe the remaining objects have some power to harm you, then do as Tallysmom suggested. Let an expert advise you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal