Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 04:13 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times

Advertisements

Put it all in your trash can on trash pick-up day.

Last edited by Harpaint; 07-11-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 04:16 PM

53 posts, read 59,583 times
About the ninja/Buddha statue, my concern is that he said he meditated on it and drew power from it. I don't know what he actually did with this or how he used it in his occult practices. So, I don't know if the statue is a portal of some kind, or if it has been a portal for some energy or demon in the past. So, I don't want to destroy it. I have heard that if something is a portal it shouldn't be destroyed.

The same is true for all the other stuff in that box. I like the idea of contacting others he knew. I was able to track down a couple of friends. I just want this stuff out of my home and out of my life. Craig's List is another good idea.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:19 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,518,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post
A former friend of ours is a witch. He stayed briefly at our house, and had to leave. <> Many of his belonging were left at our place.<>
Look in your neighborhood for a dumpster or neighbor's trash can and dump it.
If you are a Christian you know this is just stuff and has no spiritual power.
If you are some other religion besides Wiccan, same answer.
If you are Wiccan, put it under your bed and have sweet dreams.
If you are a non-believer in any spirituality you know these are just toys. Same answer.

"I understand your question, what's the problem?"

Old 07-11-2017, 04:21 PM

53 posts, read 59,583 times
Judging from the answers so far, I am guessing that most of you don't believe in the metaphysical or occult. Is that right?

Old 07-11-2017, 04:47 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post
Judging from the answers so far, I am guessing that most of you don't believe in the metaphysical or occult. Is that right?
Belief is not a criteria for a discussion forum. All that's required is respect.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM

2,114 posts, read 1,319,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oooooh, don't take this one too lightly, it needs to be dealt with properly, or it can become a real problem. You need to wait until the next full moon, preferably around the 13th of the month, wrap it in a black sheet, and take it into the forest. You will need an assistant who is a virgin, and you will need to douse it with Holy Water first, and then gasoline (preferably unleaded high test).

Remove all your clothing and ignite it with ONLY a wooden match. When it starts to burn, dance around the fire and chant "Evil be gone !" 13 times. That should do the trick.

If you don't feel like going through all of that, put it out on the curb next trash day........the results are about the same.
I agree with the suggestion in the last paragraph.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:16 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,644,424 times
My response was deleted for being "rude," so I won't repeat it but will rephrase it - why not just send it back? That is the easiest, most straightforward way to handle this question.

There is no reason to fear someone else's stuff.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:36 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times
These are religious items and should be returned to the owner if/when possible.

If someone left behind a crucifix and a Bible at your house, would you burn them or throw them away? Or would you treat them a little more respectfully?

Same situation here.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:26 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,392,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I'm pretty sure Fed Ex will pick it up at your house. Go to their site and get the info. You should be able to select a pick up time!
^^^^

Don't put your return address on it! If FedEx wants a return address, just put the send-to address in the return address field. I've done this when I want to be done with something, and don't want the recipient to know my address. As long as the return address field is filled in, and it comes up as a legit address, they take it. Don''t try this with USPS! Just FedEx, UPS, etc.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:37 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,392,592 times
This reminds me of an article I read.

A man bought some property in--New York? New Jersey? Somewhere around there. He intended to turn it into a bar/strip club. Upon renovating the interior, he noticed some "strange" symbols on what appeared to be a table or counter. He planned to turn that into a dancer table. Someone told him it was Hebrew

Some investigating revealed it was a former synagogue. The new owner was agnostic, but still felt "funny" about using someone's former house of worship as as strip joint. So....he contacted a local Rabbi, who came out and analyzed it. It was, indeed, an alter. The Rabbi performed some sort of de-consecration ceremony. Whatever was done to make the alter sacred, now was undone, and it was now just a block of wood.

The new owner said he felt better about proceeding. He said the alter always looked a little "strange" to him, he felt there was something more to it than just a table. After the ceremony, he then said it was just a counter, all the religious significance was gone out if it.

Perhaps there's some sort of similar ceremony you could have performed? Who, what type, I wouldn't know.
Maybe ask the former owner what religion it belongs to? Or, just FedEx the stuff back to him, with his address also in the return address field, let him figure out WTH to do with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal