Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 04:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times

Advertisements

From the NY times article, Dec 2017...

Quoting Luis Elizondo (director for the Pentagons UFO study),

"Under Mr Bigelows direction, the company (Bigelow Aerospace) modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

By 2009, the program had made such extraordinary discoveries that he argued for heightened security to protect it. “Much progress has been made with the identification of several highly sensitive, unconventional aerospace-related findings,” Mr. Reid said in a letter to William Lynn III, a deputy defense secretary at the time, requesting that it be designated a “restricted special access program” limited to a few listed officials.
A 2009 Pentagon briefing summary of the program prepared by its director at the time asserted that “what was considered science fiction is now science fact,” and that the United States was incapable of defending itself against some of the technologies discovered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 PM

8,911 posts, read 11,700,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What evidence would that be exactly?
I want to see aliens as much if not more than anybody else. The evidence, for me, would be aliens making contact with me, or sufficient numbers of people, or signal/visual interceptions by multiple agencies.

All the silly, vague, stupid nonsense such as "Aliens are here but the government is hiding them.", "Our camcorders can't capture them because their technology is so advanced.", "They are here but they are just watching us from a distance.", "The government won't tell us because it will cause a panic.", "I have met many people who were abducted by aliens.", "I see lights in the sky, must be aliens.", "This structure looks strange. The aliens built it." are not evidence. Call them what you will: lies, sheep belief, gullible minds, wild imagination, Hollywood influence, etc.

Just don't call those evidence.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:40 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,818,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar
There's nothing wrong with having higher odds to increase the likelihood of life, but making a firm conclusion is based on personal belief without stronger evidence. There are some exoplanets that might be suitable for life, but that's still just speculation.
You see... what I call belief, you call speculation. It is a grey scale not a binary black/white because often the science is overturned later. Proof as you want it is binary black/white.

In my experience, if planetry scientists repeat something amongst each other for long enough they get to believe it and it becomes "accepted". Others on here who believe what these scientists say also accept it. Then of course, there is the two-story which NASA like to do with their wind arguments - strong enough to whip up a dust storm yet not strong enough to move a 5mm concretion spherule into piles.

Basically, where off-planet stuff is concerned, we are unlikely to get there physically and so photographs (yes even NASA blurry ones from Mars rovers) and chemical analysis are used to "determine" what kind of rock it is or how a Lunar rille was formed. An atmosphere which is unlike Earths cannot possibly harbour life on Mars and thats the end of it.

An armchair scientist, and there are many of them, is not allowed to "discover" life because 'evidence' in a bunch of images (the same ones used by scientists) is not enough to be believed or taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1
The evidence, for me, would be aliens making contact with me, or sufficient numbers of people, or signal/visual interceptions by multiple agencies.
Be careful what you wish for... you might be granted that wish. However, if you want contact, then I hope you get it.

Sufficient numbers? There are certainly many thousands of people who you can believe have made contact with aliens - if you wish to believe them. However, I am almost certain you will NOT wish to believe them because their story is too far out for you. Contact does not always come in nice little aliens shaking hands with you and your mates on the White House lawn. It comes in the form of implants, abductions, missing time, and other experiences which are far more real for those people than you would like to experience with your 'contact'. Sorry to burst your bubble. I am not wishing to be rude but I AM wishing to be real.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I want to see aliens as much if not more than anybody else. The evidence, for me, would be aliens making contact with me, or sufficient numbers of people, or signal/visual interceptions by multiple agencies.

All the silly, vague, stupid nonsense such as "Aliens are here but the government is hiding them.", "Our camcorders can't capture them because their technology is so advanced.", "They are here but they are just watching us from a distance.", "The government won't tell us because it will cause a panic.", "I have met many people who were abducted by aliens.", "I see lights in the sky, must be aliens.", "This structure looks strange. The aliens built it." are not evidence. Call them what you will: lies, sheep belief, gullible minds, wild imagination, Hollywood influence, etc.

Just don't call those evidence.
Look at my post right above yours...have you read any of those Dec 2017 articles? If those arent the evidence you are looking for, Im not sure what would be!

Two things point to very direct proof imo..one being that an aerospace company was given taxpayer money to modify its buildings to house metal alloys and other unknown materials, recovered from UAPs (that means THEY HAVE parts of an alien craft, and needed to modify a building in order to store them).

The other one was the briefing report to the Pentagon, stating they had made significant progress in identifying some of these materials and the military would not be able to defend against such technology if it was ever used against us (think about what that is saying!!!)

Old 07-12-2018, 03:31 PM

32,982 posts, read 26,215,828 times
For what it's worth, here is a recent article, dated July 5, 2018, and titled, 'Alien Life May Be Rare in Our Galaxy Today.'
''The hunt for E.T. may have gotten more difficult. New research suggests that alien life may not be as widespread as we had hoped.

When it comes to hunting for alien civilizations, a key question is how plentiful intelligent extraterrestrials are in the universe — but the answer to that question depends on a lot of knowledge scientists don't have yet.''

''"We can show that, given current scientific uncertainty, we get a distribution that could make both the optimists and pessimists happy at the same time: a fair chance of several alien civilizations, but also a fair chance of no aliens within the visible universe," Anders Sandberg told Space.com by email. Sandberg, a philosopher at the University of Oxford, is the lead author on the new research.''

https://www.space.com/41080-alien-li...are-today.html

Old 07-13-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
For what it's worth, here is a recent article, dated July 5, 2018, and titled, 'Alien Life May Be Rare in Our Galaxy Today.'
''The hunt for E.T. may have gotten more difficult. New research suggests that alien life may not be as widespread as we had hoped.

When it comes to hunting for alien civilizations, a key question is how plentiful intelligent extraterrestrials are in the universe — but the answer to that question depends on a lot of knowledge scientists don't have yet.''

''"We can show that, given current scientific uncertainty, we get a distribution that could make both the optimists and pessimists happy at the same time: a fair chance of several alien civilizations, but also a fair chance of no aliens within the visible universe," Anders Sandberg told Space.com by email. Sandberg, a philosopher at the University of Oxford, is the lead author on the new research.''

https://www.space.com/41080-alien-li...are-today.html
They must be living under a rock, it was less than a year ago when Harry Reid publicly said "we now have the scientific evidence".

Old 07-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They must be living under a rock, it was less than a year ago when Harry Reid publicly said "we now have the scientific evidence".
And yet, Reid didn't provide any details concerning the supposed evidence.
''But the most that’s publicly known about the program’s findings is second-hand at best, coming from insiders relaying their impressions to reporters. Some, like Reid, claim there is compelling evidence that merits further investigation—but the details remain as elusive as the aliens.

“Objective description of any phenomena should be backed up by compelling evidence, and despite many decades of reports of various UFO and abduction phenomena, we don’t have such evidence,†says Andrew Siemion, director of the Berkeley SETI research center. “Moreover, astronomers spend their lives looking at the sky with a wide variety of telescopes and techniques, and we have never snapped a picture of [an unexplained] spaceship.†''

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...space-science/
Scientists have to go with the evidence, and so far there has been no conclusive evidence for life on other planets, much less evidence of alien life here on earth. I myself saw a UFO many years ago. But UFO simply means unidentified flying object. Not aliens from another planet. There may very well be life on other planets, even intelligent life capable of interstellar space travel. And I'd be surprised if there wasn't life of some kind elsewhere in the Universe. But as of yet, we just don't have the evidence.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:16 AM

8,911 posts, read 11,700,482 times
I know this is a make believe forum, but when it comes to the subject of aliens, logic and science should still apply. Here is a good layperson analysis this whole alien thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAU9...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-14-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And yet, Reid didn't provide any details concerning the supposed evidence.
''But the most that’s publicly known about the program’s findings is second-hand at best, coming from insiders relaying their impressions to reporters. Some, like Reid, claim there is compelling evidence that merits further investigation—but the details remain as elusive as the aliens.

“Objective description of any phenomena should be backed up by compelling evidence, and despite many decades of reports of various UFO and abduction phenomena, we don’t have such evidence,” says Andrew Siemion, director of the Berkeley SETI research center. “Moreover, astronomers spend their lives looking at the sky with a wide variety of telescopes and techniques, and we have never snapped a picture of [an unexplained] spaceship.” ''

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...space-science/
Scientists have to go with the evidence, and so far there has been no conclusive evidence for life on other planets, much less evidence of alien life here on earth. I myself saw a UFO many years ago. But UFO simply means unidentified flying object. Not aliens from another planet. There may very well be life on other planets, even intelligent life capable of interstellar space travel. And I'd be surprised if there wasn't life of some kind elsewhere in the Universe. But as of yet, we just don't have the evidence.
Well of course Reid is not going to divulge those details, that stuff is HIGHLY classified, he would be charged criminally for revealing classified information.

Id LOVE LOVE to get a look at that Pentagon briefing though (I wonder if anyone has attempted a FOIA request for it yet?) That is something I would pay out of my own pocket to get.

You were right though, WE do not have the evidence....but THEY do.

Ultimately, if Govt spent taxpayer money to modify buildings in order to store recovered metals and other materials (that is a FACT that they did do this), and made enough progress to identify them as being a real threat that our military could not defend against...well, that answers the big question imo. There IS intelligent extraterrestrial life and it HAS come to this planet before. I would almost go as far to say that aspect of the Dec 2017 article WAS the official disclosure...without really dumbing it down and saying it outright...(if they didnt exist or we didnt have the evidence, there would be no need to modify buildings for metal or materials AND create a pentagon briefing explaining the nature/potential threat.)

The briefing itself is proof that they have the evidence also, how else would they be able to reach the conclusion about this technology and our military not being able to defend against it?

Last edited by rstevens62; 07-14-2018 at 09:52 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well of course Reid is not going to divulge those details, that stuff is HIGHLY classified, he would be charged criminally for revealing classified information.

Id LOVE LOVE to get a look at that Pentagon briefing though (I wonder if anyone has attempted a FOIA request for it yet?) That is something I would pay out of my own pocket to get.

You were right though, WE do not have the evidence....but THEY do.

Ultimately, if Govt spent taxpayer money to modify buildings in order to store recovered metals and other materials (that is a FACT that they did do this), and made enough progress to identify them as being a real threat that our military could not defend against...well, that answers the big question imo. There IS intelligent extraterrestrial life and it HAS come to this planet before. I would almost go as far to say that aspect of the Dec 2017 article WAS the official disclosure...without really dumbing it down and saying it outright...(if they didnt exist or we didnt have the evidence, there would be no need to modify buildings for metal or materials AND create a pentagon briefing explaining the nature/potential threat.)

The briefing itself is proof that they have the evidence also, how else would they be able to reach the conclusion about this technology and our military not being able to defend against it?
You're engaging in wishful thinking. The fact is that you don't know that ''they'' have any evidence. And until/unless they release any evidence, you won't know. Regarding the story of recovered metals and modified buildings, Robert Sheaffer, a writer and one of the leading skeptical investigators of UFOs, says,
''...what is really interesting is the statement in The New York Times story that, under Bigelow's direction, the aerospace company "modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

If that's true, Bigelow supposedly has actual artifacts from UFOs, Sheaffer said, "and in fact has such a large quantity that he needs to modify his buildings to accommodate them? That is just utterly bizarre. We need an explanation of exactly what buildings were modified at federal expense, and what do they contain?" he said.''

https://www.space.com/39325-us-gover...am-legacy.html
You're going to believe what you want to believe. But without legitimate evidence for all to see, it's all just speculation and wishful thinking on the part of UFO believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal