Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 12:39 AM

10,926 posts, read 5,893,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Although our sun may be hot to us, in another dimension it could be an icy giant to those guys. Reality can be totally opposite in different dimensions.

At least some of the alien races (and possibly our military too) can pop in and out of dimensions. They can cover vast distances in a short time by perhaps bending space which means they can travel to our solar system. If they can do that, they can probablytravel into other dimensions. All speculation of course.
The million dollar question is, how do you know this?

You've said you are not a scientist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 06:08 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,018,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The million dollar question is, how do you know this?

You've said you are not a scientist.

I loved the TV series 'Stargate SG1' were they had a team that used an ancient wormhole device to travel to distant planets. But just because a writer thought up a script like that; does not make it a reality. We have scientist that have calculated and formulated hypotheses and theories about how the universe works; but many of these are unproven and will remain unproven for the rest of our lives.

Even when we have established physical laws we can sometimes turn our knowledge upside down when new theories emerge like: https://phys.org/news/2016-01-physic...textbooks.html. Of course that has yet to be proven.

On this thread there are many speculations and many people tend to conjecture. I am sure our government has secrets that they do not want us to know. If we ever get involved in a major war; I would hope that they were hiding some very good secrets that would help us defeat our enemies. Of course our enemies could be hiding secrets themselves. We do not know any of this; it is only speculation. The only thing we are really qualified to do is write a good science fiction novel (if we could write).

To me the question of aliens is always about distance. We have not found that hidden 'Star Gate' so that leaves us stuck in the spaceship attempting to live in some form of suspended animation for a millennium. We do not know what is out there between our solar systems and galaxies; we speculate about dark matter and black holes; as well as rouge comets, meteorites, or whatever. At the speeds we would need to travel; small particles could do major damage. Of course aliens would have to endure the same flights.

In the distant future (about 4 billion years) I hope we do have our act together: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androm..._Way_collision. If we would survive the collision; we would only have another billion years until our sun starts to expand. So our days are numbered; but we will all be dead long before those events. We could become the aliens living on other planets or not.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:09 AM

166 posts, read 168,745 times
no. in interdimensional beings - yes.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I loved the TV series 'Stargate SG1' were they had a team that used an ancient wormhole device to travel to distant planets. But just because a writer thought up a script like that; does not make it a reality. We have scientist that have calculated and formulated hypotheses and theories about how the universe works; but many of these are unproven and will remain unproven for the rest of our lives.

Even when we have established physical laws we can sometimes turn our knowledge upside down when new theories emerge like: https://phys.org/news/2016-01-physic...textbooks.html. Of course that has yet to be proven.

On this thread there are many speculations and many people tend to conjecture. I am sure our government has secrets that they do not want us to know. If we ever get involved in a major war; I would hope that they were hiding some very good secrets that would help us defeat our enemies. Of course our enemies could be hiding secrets themselves. We do not know any of this; it is only speculation. The only thing we are really qualified to do is write a good science fiction novel (if we could write).

To me the question of aliens is always about distance. We have not found that hidden 'Star Gate' so that leaves us stuck in the spaceship attempting to live in some form of suspended animation for a millennium. We do not know what is out there between our solar systems and galaxies; we speculate about dark matter and black holes; as well as rouge comets, meteorites, or whatever. At the speeds we would need to travel; small particles could do major damage. Of course aliens would have to endure the same flights.

In the distant future (about 4 billion years) I hope we do have our act together: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androm..._Way_collision. If we would survive the collision; we would only have another billion years until our sun starts to expand. So our days are numbered; but we will all be dead long before those events. We could become the aliens living on other planets or not.
Doesnt the fact there is so much classified stuff in relation to this topic, make you wonder why that is?

If there was truly nothing to any of it, and all the sightings could be explained by other things, why the need for the extreme secrecy?

The briefing report I was referring to above, is 490 pages long, and was presented to the Pentagon in 2009, if they truly dont know anything more than we do, how were they able to determine that our military is not able to defend against this technology?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:11 PM

6,643 posts, read 5,865,657 times
Quote:
Although our sun may be hot to us, in another dimension it could be an icy giant to those guys. Reality can be totally opposite in different dimensions.

At least some of the alien races (and possibly our military too) can pop in and out of dimensions. They can cover vast distances in a short time by perhaps bending space which means they can travel to our solar system. If they can do that, they can probablytravel into other dimensions. All speculation of course.
Can someone tell me how I can create a wormhole from the bedroom to the refrigerator?

Also, I'd like a wormhole in my car, for those times when I've been stopped by a traffic cop and need a quick escape!

Old 07-17-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Doesnt the fact there is so much classified stuff in relation to this topic, make you wonder why that is?

If there was truly nothing to any of it, and all the sightings could be explained by other things, why the need for the extreme secrecy?

The briefing report I was referring to above, is 490 pages long, and was presented to the Pentagon in 2009, if they truly dont know anything more than we do, how were they able to determine that our military is not able to defend against this technology?

Of course I wonder; but wondering does not make something fact. Keep in mind that governments use disinformation - information created to mislead either the public or an enemy. If you are fighting any war (hot or cold war) you hold your cards close to your chest. You do not want to telescope your punches; that would be shear foolishness. We play to win and so does the other team.

That also goes for 'classified' documents. Some could have been created as a diversion or to mislead? You really need a lot more information to judge any information as true or fiction.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:44 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,915,352 times
I believe in Mothman, and while Mothman is not an alien, he knows that they're real.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
Of course I wonder; but wondering does not make something fact. Keep in mind that governments use disinformation - information created to mislead either the public or an enemy. If you are fighting any war (hot or cold war) you hold your cards close to your chest. You do not want to telescope your punches; that would be shear foolishness. We play to win and so does the other team.

That also goes for 'classified' documents. Some could have been created as a diversion or to mislead? You really need a lot more information to judge any information as true or fiction.
No, I dont believe you do because there is a lot of information already out there and you just have to draw logical conclusions to the pieces of information we have available to us. Isn't that what the intelligence services are doing all the time? Thirty years ago, one of my work colleagues went to work in the defence industry and all his new job consisted of, was to go through the daily newspapers and cut out snippits of information which could be of future 'interest' to the intelligence industry. A story here and a story there makes up corroboration - perhaps. There is a lot more truth out there than we suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
Yet, there are scientists who propose a bending of spacetime. That is fact, although whether they can do it, is NOT fact.

However, if any of our technology (and I am assuming it IS our technology and not aliens here) is correct as it is reported by many witnesses, then this technology IS FACT. They can move through matter. If one country has this technology, then it is almost certain other major powers has it too.

So now we are just asking the question, "Do we believe the reports which have emerged form military personnel and others, of craft which can do spectacular feats" ?

If you dont, then you cannot rely on military personnel to accurately report what they have seen. That's a big problem.
If you do, then we have the technology I suggest and it is NOT science fiction or speculation.

So...which is it?

Old 07-18-2018, 05:18 AM

Quote:
No, I dont believe you do because there is a lot of information already out there and you just have to draw logical conclusions to the pieces of information we have available to us. Isn't that what the intelligence services are doing all the time? Thirty years ago, one of my work colleagues went to work in the defence industry and all his new job consisted of, was to go through the daily newspapers and cut out snippits of information which could be of future 'interest' to the intelligence industry. A story here and a story there makes up corroboration - perhaps. There is a lot more truth out there than we suspect.

Now, besides knowing if any story is true or fiction, you also know that I do not wonder! If I never wondered I would never visit or post on these threads. Like your work colleague; I also look for articles of 'interest', but that does not mean they are all true. If you read Popular Science and Popular Mechanics, back in the 1960's, we should have all been in flying cars 20 or 30 years ago. It is happening now over in Qatar; but it took time and they might run into problems? Sometimes our dreams do become reality; but not all the time. There is nothing 'logical' about being mislead. Of course the hard part is figuring out when you are being mislead.

Quote:
Yet, there are scientists who propose a bending of spacetime. That is fact, although whether they can do it, is NOT fact.

However, if any of our technology (and I am assuming it IS our technology and not aliens here) is correct as it is reported by many witnesses, then this technology IS FACT. They can move through matter. If one country has this technology, then it is almost certain other major powers has it too.

So now we are just asking the question, "Do we believe the reports which have emerged form military personnel and others, of craft which can do spectacular feats" ?

If you dont, then you cannot rely on military personnel to accurately report what they have seen. That's a big problem.
If you do, then we have the technology I suggest and it is NOT science fiction or speculation.

So...which is it?

We have scientist that make all kinds of proposals. How do you think they get grant money? You have to come up with original ideas and try to make them sound believable. Just look at your local HS science fair; do they always give first place to the kid with the fake volcano? The judges are looking for the kids that think outside the box and have good documentation. While it has happened; not every HS science fair winner has gone onto seeing their ideas become reality. The same can be said of our smartest researchers; there is a world of difference between speculation and reality.

Here is a Wikipedia article on 'disinformation': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation. They credit the Russians with the invention of the word. However, even though they did not have a word for their tactics; ancient military commanders have long tried to deceive their enemies. Take the Vikings and their dragon figureheads on their long boats. A Viking enemy could easily look at one of their figureheads and say that the Vikings controlled winged dragons. Of course we know that was not true; but it was scary at that particular time in history.

I hope that we do not know all of our military's secrete weapons because, if we did; our enemies would also know all of our secrete weapons. Some of our military's secrete weapons can also include disinformation. Over long periods of time the truth usually comes out. It just takes a lot of patience. We cannot always believe everything we hear or see.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

Well, if that particular briefing report is disinformation, they would probably release it to me when I do the FOIA request...right? They would want that 'disinformation' to spread as far as possible I assume.

Imo, (from reading that NY times article numerous times, and some follow up articles), that was basically 'official disclosure' about extraterrestrial life, without coming out and actually calling it that.

It could be disinformation, but what is their gain or how do they benefit from this? As far as I can tell, they dont have anything super groundbreaking coming out in relation to aircraft technology, even the most advanced fighter plane today doesnt come close to the capabilities of some of the UAPs reported...so again, where is the benefit for them in this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal