Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2020, 10:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There could be reasons such as to test our defense capabilities or reaction times. How do we fight something so fast or that can disappear? Plus there is not accountability on their part if things went wrong; it wasn't them it was a alien spacecraft.

It is really hard to think all of this through. We have contractors with think tanks and we have government think tanks trying to cover all possibilities. To many nations it is like one big game of chess; they are always trying to stay ahead of their competition. When talking about the force fields supposedly the Russians have a far better defensive system for their tanks than we do; so we are trying to catch up. That means more experimentation and more companies competing to get some of the work. It is hard to say what they will come up with in the quest to be better.
I dont know about that, the more I think about it, the stranger I think it is... to design the holographs to look like 'UFOs'...

If they wanted to test reaction times, or other defense related information, images of known 'generic aircraft' would suffice, 'Generic aircraft' would also provide them plausible deniability should it become a factor...there is something very interesting in the fact they design them to look like 'UFOs' (imo anyway).

Im going to dig around and see what I can find out about modern holographics and what the current and near future capabilities of this technology are, I read a piece on holographics a few years ago and according to that, the only way they could produce truly life like images was in a room with controlled lighting, but maybe that has changed now.

However, to be able to produce a hologram, that appears so real, over the open ocean, in the middle of nowhere...They would have to have some MAJOR dedicated equipment or even a dedicated satellite! (and if that is true, that brings up my previous question...what in the heck are they planning to do with such a technology?!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 11:05 PM

22,658 posts, read 6,402,714 times
Do I believe there are aliens looking like us walking the earth....not likely but possible. Do I believe that there may be some form of life somewhere in the universe...yes.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:43 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,165,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Ditto. I have seen things in the sky for which I have no explanation. I have no reason to suppose they were alien craft. Just something I cannot explain. Until further evidence comes to light, they remain "unidentified."
I was driving about 4 o'clock this morning and saw what I thought at first was a shooting star, but it wasn't off in the distance; it was close. And it wasn't just a white streak like you usually see; it had a green tail. I felt like it landed not far from where I was and if I hadn't needed to get somewhere I would have driven in that direction. It was just so shocking to see when I wasn't expecting that. There was one car behind me and other than that no cars around at all. It struck me that they had to have seen it too. I've never seen anything like that before in my life.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I was driving about 4 o'clock this morning and saw what I thought at first was a shooting star, but it wasn't off in the distance; it was close. And it wasn't just a white streak like you usually see; it had a green tail. I felt like it landed not far from where I was and if I hadn't needed to get somewhere I would have driven in that direction. It was just so shocking to see when I wasn't expecting that. There was one car behind me and other than that no cars around at all. It struck me that they had to have seen it too. I've never seen anything like that before in my life.
IF it had a green streak, it was probably a meteor.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:44 AM

5,463 posts, read 9,606,657 times
Quote:
Here's an example of a greenish meteor blazing through the atmosphere. It was seen over Poland to as far as Thailand. The reason some meteors tend to appear to have a greenish color when burning up in the atmosphere, is because they contain nickle metal. Depending on how far the incoming meteor is from an observer, the fireball can appear larger or smaller. Is what you saw anything similar to the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLYUlmpFm6M

Old 02-06-2020, 06:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,165,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Here's an example of a greenish meteor blazing through the atmosphere. It was seen over Poland to as far as Thailand. The reason some meteors tend to appear to have a greenish color when burning up in the atmosphere, is because they contain nickle metal. Depending on how far the incoming meteor is from an observer, the fireball can appear larger or smaller. Is what you saw anything similar to the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLYUlmpFm6M
Yes, it looked like that. I knew it was probably a meteor. I had just never seen anything that close (or seemingly close) to me before. It was shocking.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, it looked like that. I knew it was probably a meteor. I had just never seen anything that close (or seemingly close) to me before. It was shocking.
That's one mystery solved. We can often see a good number of smaller "shooting stars", that are usually the size of a grain of sand, but can really flare up and give a nice display in the sky. They're usually more whitish in color. There are a couple of times a year when meteor showers can be seen. If what you witnessed though, was probably a much larger meteor, it's a special treat to see something like that. These days, it's becoming more common to see videos of larger events since a lot of people have video cams in their vehicles.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
That's one mystery solved. We can often see a good number of smaller "shooting stars", that are usually the size of a grain of sand, but can really flare up and give a nice display in the sky. They're usually more whitish in color. There are a couple of times a year when meteor showers can be seen. If what you witnessed though, was probably a much larger meteor, it's a special treat to see something like that. These days, it's becoming more common to see videos of larger events since a lot of people have video cams in their vehicles.
I have to imagine those type are rare, Ive never seen any THAT big and bright.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have to imagine those type are rare, Ive never seen any THAT big and bright.
There are about 112 established meteor showers, but not all of them are dazzling displays for various reasons, including brightness ( not all are so bright).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_meteor_showers

You're right, bigger meteors are not as frequently viewed as smaller ones. But that's because they don't come in as often. Sometimes they do though. Observations have captured by camera views. If you recall the meteor that passed over Russia, not so long ago, was captured by numerous cameras in cars and CCTV cameras in and around various buildings. That one was a 66-foot asteroid that exploded with enough force to cause both damage to buildings and injuries to people from the shock wave concussion. The injuries were mostly from flying debris. Most of the meteors that enter the atmosphere tend to break up (fragment) into smaller pieces if their composition is stony. Metallic meteors chiefly composed of iron or nickle-iron remain fairly intact. However, the more common ones that make it to the ground are usually the size of small stones right down to sand sized particles. Also, some even briefly pass through the atmosphere at an angle from one side and exits back into space from another. It's often referred to as "skipping" through the atmosphere. Interestingly, some studies have been done on flat rooftops, looking at the dust that collects there. Tiny, dust-sized particles (micro-meteorites) have been found that have come from space. There's a lot of stuff soaring around the solar system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelyabinsk_meteor
https://www.sciencefriday.com/articl...rban-stardust/

Old 02-07-2020, 07:39 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
However, when all is said and done, meteors only go straight. They don’t turn and go in another direction.
Some people claim if you see something change course, it might be two meteors one going in one direction than another in the same area of vast sky appearing to take over the same track going in another direction. This is a stretch for my imagination and the probability of this happening at. The correct time to make it look as if it is one track, is very small
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal