Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:18 PM

8,911 posts, read 11,700,482 times

Advertisements

Earth might be unique. No aliens.

https://www.voanews.com/a/uppsala-st...e/3209462.html

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ial-after-all/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 12:20 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,766,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
Do you believe in aliens? Or maybe another species? in another universe? Have you ever seen a UFO? I have seen a couple weird things in the sky before that couldn't be explained.
*YOU* couldn't explain is not the same as something that CAN'T be explained.

IF there are people from other planets visiting this planet, are you seriously thinking that their technology is so bad they can't keep out of the way of the ignorant natives? REALLY?

Sure, I believe that there are almost certainly other life forms SOMEWHERE in the universe.

No, I do not believe they are coming all the way to Earth and mutilating cows, kidnapping bumpkins and "probing" them, or creating crop circles.

IF there are aliens in the neighborhood, we would never know a thing about it. Because IF they can get here at all, their technology is way advanced over ours. If they wanted to expose themselves to us they would just do it. Since they haven't - either they aren't here at all or they have no more interest in having congress with us than we would with a planet full of hamsters.

So yes I believe in the possibility of other life in the universe. No I do not believe in grey men and UFOs that are actually alien spacecraft zipping around kidnapping drunk farmhands so they can stick a probe up their ... youknow.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:31 AM

19,248 posts, read 15,124,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Years ago, there was a delightful article in the National Enquirer (or one of those other wacky weeklies at the grocery store checkout line) about how to spot space aliens living amongst us.

They don't dress normally, the article stressed. They might, for example, wear a mis-matched top or a wrong color tie. They might not know the meaning of simple words in English. They are socially awkward and act odd. They say strange things and smile at the wrong time. They occasionally disappear for days at a time to "rejuvenate their energy".

Average folks' reaction: "Clearly, there must be a lot of space aliens where I work!"
I'm laughing my butt off right now because you're creeping me out! A couple years ago, a man moved in at our complex. After the first time my SO saw him in the parking garage, he came in our door and started describing him to me. He said he was wearing some "old-timey" Amish-looking type of clothing. But the real reason he was telling me about him was because he just felt "off" to him. The way he walked... everything. He said the guy gave him the "chills." The hairs stood up on his arm.

Since then, I've interacted with the guy. There is definitely something "off" about him. It's really bizarre. At this point it's like he learned that people don't dress that way now, or here anyway, and he dresses more casually. He changed to jeans and t-shirts. Lately he's been sportin' tie-dye and coloring his hair.

Anyway, again, that's not the main point. He just always greets you very loudly and exuberantly, but I've never seen him crack a smile. His eyes are completely flat. His conversation is always stilted and cliché.

Sometimes we'll come out our front door and he'll instantly open his door and greet us. But he doesn't leave his place. It's almost like he's lyng in wait like a trapdoor spider. lol

I can see some people suggesting that maybe he has some form of autisim or something. But he feels so OFF! I just be as polite as I can and then get inside our place. I don't want to be mean to the guy or anything. I'm just laughing, like I said, because we joke about him being an alien and trying to fit in with our speech, mannerisms, etc., and now you're just fanning the flame.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:02 AM

19,248 posts, read 15,124,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
No, you don't. Or at least many leading thinkers on the subject hope there aren't. Being noticed doesn't sound too great.

Any such beings who noticed would wipe us out with godlike indifference in a heartbeat, in all probability. We'd make as much sense to them as ants crawling on a log. One does not, after all, consult the family pet on major family decisions, certainly not matters of life and death in the cosmos.
I agree with this, too.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:50 AM

7,673 posts, read 5,399,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
Can you prove that Adolf Hitler died?
He was born in 1889, so I think it's a safe bet that proof is no longer needed.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
SeaofGrass - you need to read Dr David Jacobs book The Threat about those pesky aliens who are living amongst us. They use abductees to show them (train them in) the 'rules' and 'norms' of society. Thats pretty scary to think anything like that may be going on.

Actually, I think your guy next door sounds like he is just lonely and wants to be friendly. It is just that he is socially awkward. Reminds me of Rick Moranis' character in Ghost Busters.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:28 AM

6,643 posts, read 5,865,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm laughing my butt off right now because you're creeping me out! A couple years ago, a man moved in at our complex. After the first time my SO saw him in the parking garage, he came in our door and started describing him to me. He said he was wearing some "old-timey" Amish-looking type of clothing. But the real reason he was telling me about him was because he just felt "off" to him. The way he walked... everything. He said the guy gave him the "chills." The hairs stood up on his arm.

Since then, I've interacted with the guy. There is definitely something "off" about him. It's really bizarre. At this point it's like he learned that people don't dress that way now, or here anyway, and he dresses more casually. He changed to jeans and t-shirts. Lately he's been sportin' tie-dye and coloring his hair.

Anyway, again, that's not the main point. He just always greets you very loudly and exuberantly, but I've never seen him crack a smile. His eyes are completely flat. His conversation is always stilted and cliché.

Sometimes we'll come out our front door and he'll instantly open his door and greet us. But he doesn't leave his place. It's almost like he's lyng in wait like a trapdoor spider. lol

I can see some people suggesting that maybe he has some form of autisim or something. But he feels so OFF! I just be as polite as I can and then get inside our place. I don't want to be mean to the guy or anything. I'm just laughing, like I said, because we joke about him being an alien and trying to fit in with our speech, mannerisms, etc., and now you're just fanning the flame.
Definitely a space alien.

Here's how to tell. When you knock on his door, does it take him a while to answer it? If so, it means he's rushing to put on his human "skin". If you were to enter his house unexpectedly, you might see him in his native alien form, which might be so terrifying that you will faint. Don't faint, but run-don't-walk the heck out of there. Otherwise, you may end up in a "specimen box" being shipped up to the mother ship for experimentation.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:29 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,022,890 times
Has anyone really looked closely at insects. Boy, they can be creepy, and almost...alien, compared to our preferred fellow species of dogs and cats!

I believe in aliens. But maybe what the thread title should be is "...alien life as we know it", or "sentient alien life", or "intelligent alien life".

Not that insects are not intelligent, but theirs is more a hive mind rather than the brutal individuality that man possesses.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:22 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,350,927 times
I believe the universe is too large for there not to be life on other planets. It may be single cell organisms or plant life. It may be sentient beings. We are just too far away to ever know.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 7,366 times
Hi Caves 19. You might enjoy Gaia TV, google it. You can pay $10/mo and have the time of your life with all the interviews and solid true blue people who are insiders to the alien data. Our favorite is Cosmic Disclosure with David Wilcock who interviews Corey Goode and a slew of others including Pete Peterson who is 77, and back when he was 16 yrs old was with his Dad in the blackops viewing alien craft and beings buried in Antarctica. Now its big news out there. Corey Goode was out in space for 20 yrs, deep space and dealt with all of it. Our solar system is rich with many species of aliens good and not so good. Listen to his stories, I think about seven seasons of them or more. We watched all. Then George Noory has a show on Gaia as well, and Open Minds with Regina Meredith, intellectually fascinating on all paranormal subjects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal