Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 01:41 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,948,419 times

Advertisements

Typically I look to logic to explain everything, but this sort of thing does seem to happen and there is no logic. I had a similar experience when I was in my early 20s. We purchased a house where the previous owners both died of old age in the home. I would hear and see things that were simply whacky - which made no sense. I simply decided that maybe the previous owners were still wandering around and decided that they were good ghosts. The alternative was squirrels in the attic ... also a possibility, but that didn't seem likely at the time to explain what sounded like very distinct stepping across the floor. I wasn't the only person to hear it. Assume that it is a good ghost who is visiting.

Just curious ... is anyone's health declining? Is there a recently deceased friend? I know ... illogical, but not impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 02:35 PM

102,182 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
First off one needs to know the composition of spirits, they are not matter as we humans are,they are similar to a vapor, therefore they are weightless.
Hearing foot steps could never be coming from a spirit.

Bob.
And "spirits" would never be able to cause doors to slam, lights to go on and off, and phones to ring? Yet, somehow, they do. But I agree; I'd like to know the science behind that. It's the million dollar question.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:53 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,948,419 times
Has anyone been sitting alone in a room and experienced a sudden cold pocket of air that surrounds for a few minutes, then there's a strong memory of someone, and then it vanishes ... leaving you wondering whether you imagined it, or whether someone close just passed away? Or rather than a cold pocket of air in an otherwise warm room, what about a sudden strong smell of flowers when there's no a single flower in the house and all the doors and windows are closed ... and no one in the house has moved. Everything is still and quiet ... it's there, and then it's gone, leaving a confused sense of "did I imagine that?"

Maybe it's the first sign of a brain tumor.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:11 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,271,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
First off one needs to know the composition of spirits, they are not matter as we humans are,they are similar to a vapor, therefore they are weightless.
Hearing foot steps could never be coming from a spirit.

Bob.
I beg to differ on this...I have a post on here about a ghost haunting me for over 10 years. It loves to play with my furniture handles at night. It got so bad that we had to put socks on all the handles.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:03 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,641,916 times
My family constantly heard footsteps at night in one house we rented long ago. Also I saw a tiny point of light once there. My sister said she saw a mysterious woman while she lived there.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:40 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,993,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
It could be/likely is as simple as audio pareidolia, where your husbands brain is finding a pattern in certain sounds, that his brain translates as footsteps.
To the OP, gosh it could be anything. First, I'd exhaust all earthly reasons. For starters, have your husband wake you up the next time it happens, to ensure you also hear it... or at very least, reach for his phone & record it. New house... could it be air bubbles or a leak in the pipes heard at a certain time as the temp is the same at the same time each evening, nuts falling or trees shedding on the roof with the wind, a nocturnal animal that forages at the same time each evening, a loose shingle, etc?

Mike, this is a great point. 15-yrs ago, my SO thought I was insane cuz I kept saying I couldn't sleep as a man was talking in my ear. It went on for weeks & I was so exhausted I was getting physically ill.

Don't know how he figured it out, but one evening when I was particularly distressed saying someone kept talking in my ear, he walked into the other other room & asked me to repeat what was being said. I did. Sentence after sentence. He slowly turned the stations, then turned up the radio & the man on the station was saying exactly what I was hearing. Turns out we lived 1-mi from a radio station & the metal blades on the fan next to the bed were causing this phenomenon. I can't readily find the articles that discuss it, but here's one that's similar.

Hearing voices when fan is on - Stories, Sightings & Experiences - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums

Also, is it possible there is someone playing a prank & walking on the roof? Or, is there any animal nest on the roof?

Lastly, I stayed at my brother's house last year in the MIL apt in the backyard. I kept telling him there was an animal on the roof & in the storage room next to my room. He told me it was pine cones falling from the tree. I could hear the scurrying & what sounded like footsteps & when I told him, he reminded me of how easily scared I get & it was pine cones... which apparently walk & scurry. Cut to 2-3 mos after I left... his wife had left a giant bag of birdseed open in the adjacent room & it drew rats. I didn't even know there were rats in the suburbs.

I hope someone here can help you find the solution. Not knowing the cause is maddening. Good luck & please post back.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:22 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
Tinnitus

Old 07-29-2017, 06:51 PM

384 posts, read 376,086 times
Well , maybe its his blood pressure or something else? My mother mid 70's said that she was hearing wings fluttering, she said that it was angels visiting to let her know that my deceased stepfather was doing fine in heaven. Go to find out her blood pressure was sky high, she is on blood pressure meds, the fluttering is gone now. This is a true story

Old 07-29-2017, 07:16 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,773,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I beg to differ on this...I have a post on here about a ghost haunting me for over 10 years. It loves to play with my furniture handles at night. It got so bad that we had to put socks on all the handles.
Wish I have this problem. I would be famous and making loads of money selling video recordings of this ghost haunting me for 10 years.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Tinnitus
That's a buzzing sound...not footsteps. I got it, I know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal