U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 11:39 AM

1,487 posts, read 546,263 times

Advertisements

I've seen the same ghost twice in 2013. Wanna hear?
I was living in downtown Seattle in a turn of the century subsidized SRO studio. The building started construction in 1900, and didn't finish until 1911. It was a brothel, a safe-house, a speakeasy, a hideout for fugitives, etc, etc. Long colorful history.
The staff did rounds every two hours, and had to sweep and mop every four hours
. My unit was right next to the bathroom. The floor plan was like a horseshoe. I was in the corner right end if you were facing it, and the corner left if you were coming from it. I loved my spot.
It's the first week in April 2013. I had to go pee round about 3 am. I pulled my door open so hard, it stayed in place.
My unit was a mess, and I could hear staff down the hall and around the corner. I didn't know which way he was going, and I didn't want him to see my messy unit.
On the toilet I was leaning forward, ready to jump.up and shut my room door if I heard him coming down the hall.
I always leave the stall door open when I'm alone in the bthrm. I had my stall door open, and I could see the light from the hallway shining underneath the heavy wooden bathroom door.
All.of a sudden I see this shadow underneath the door, making a swishing motion like a Victorian skirt. It went from left to right, so it was coming from the direction of my room.
I flew off the toilet seat, still not knowing what I had just witnessed. I thought staff was coming from the direction of my room, even though I didn't hear the mop bucket. Three o clock in the morning was the 1st cleaning round, so.you could hear the mop bucket.
I opened the bathroom door, and there was nobody there. Staff was not there. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I said 'Oh hell no'!, and started putting my ear up to every apt door in the corner and along the hall, thinking I'd catch somebody trying to be sneaky. Everyone was in bed. I didn't hear a thing.
I ran down the hall and around the corner yelling staff's name. He said 'I mopped that side already. Then I had to go downstairs for a minute, so it was about 30 minutes ago that I was over there'. I said "I think you're mistaken Tesfa". He said "No, no I'm not. I proceeded to tell him what happened , and his eyes got all wide and his mouth kind of dropped open. That building had 36 cameras. Everything was caught on tape. That's beside the point. He wasn't even on that side of the floor. I realized I.just saw a ghost. It was anti-climactic, but still awesome.
I checked a book out of the library that week titled " The Dead Roam the Earth". The book said how we see ghosts only in shadow form, not like Hollyweird fashion.
I lost my best friend, my daughter's father in October of 2013. I wonder if impending tragedy has anything to do with the appearance of a ghost.
In December, right before Christmas, I saw her again from the bathroom. The swishing motion in shadow, this time going from right to left, headed towards my room instead of away. I wonder how many times she had been in my room in the 3 1/2 years I was there? . Huh.
So nothing major, but true. It's a certainty ghosts are real. No doubt in my mind at all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
34,062 posts, read 61,944,958 times
The history of that building is very common for unexplained apparently paranormal activity. Our first experience was in a very similar setting, a hotel we stayed at for a night. My wife and I both had the same experiences that night, and only after researching the next day did we find that it was well known for such activity.

Port Townsend Hauntings, The Palace Hotel - HauntedHouses.com

Old 08-10-2017, 02:23 AM

1,487 posts, read 546,263 times
You know when you see a ghost, it's like make-believe come to life. I believe in the paranormal. I had an experience once before, not a visual, but my mom's energy and her voice.
I was allowed to see this apparition, but why is she roaming the halls? It's sad to think she was denied entry into The Kingdom, or did she remain attached to someone on Earth, and not surrender her spirit to the Lord?
Humans created, create, and will continue to create the biggest screw-ups of our mortal life, and our life everlasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal