Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 AM

110 posts, read 90,992 times

Advertisements

Was not sure if anyone had any experience similar to this, or if you had any input. I woke up around 1am 5 1/2 yrs ago, and was immediately thinking about how i had to turn my phone on in case something happened(have a habit of turning volume down on phone). I went down stairs and did a couple things, and that thought of turning my phone on was heavy on my mind. I went back up stairs, fell back asleep, couple hours later my ex wife was waking me saying my mom was in the hospital. She eventually passed. We were very close. It all seemed too much of a coincidence. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 12:37 PM

8,473 posts, read 10,886,509 times
Not sure I understand the point you are trying to make.

Bob.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:55 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,794,506 times
I have heard of a phenomenon called "shared death experience" where someone has a vision of a loved one at the time of their death.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:20 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,880,949 times
I'm a skeptic, but when I was sitting in the small room with my dad's body at the funeral home I heard his voice, plain as day, saying "Take care of your mother.". It was just the sort of thing he would say! but I probably just have a vivid imagination.

Most married women can relate to the fact that when you're washing dishes, that's when your husband wants to come up behind you and give you a hug. After my husband died, I was washing dishes when I felt his presence behind me! I had to tell him, honey, you're scaring me. And it stopped.

So weird things do appear to happen, or maybe it's just a coincidence or there are alternative explanations.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:52 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
I've told this story here before. The night of December 28th, 1972 my college girlfriend and I were going to bed; there was freezing rain hitting the windows and I told her that it felt like there was some message in the rain for me, but I couldn't make it out. We went to sleep and around 4am the phone rang; I wouldn't answer because I knew somehow it was for me, and it wasn't good news. It was my sister calling to let me know our father had died.

My brother was heading back to AZ after the holidays the next day and saw a mourning dove by the road; it filled him with apprehension, and he stopped at the next town to call home (for the younger here, we didn't have mobile phones in those days). My sister told him dad pas passed.

I had had a similar experience surrounding the death of JFK years before - an afternoon in high school when there was a similar freezing rain or sleet that seemed to be "talking" to me. So yes, I think it's possible we're interconnected spiritually in ways that we don't understand, and perhaps never will.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:06 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,091,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Beef View Post
Was not sure if anyone had any experience similar to this, or if you had any input. I woke up around 1am 5 1/2 yrs ago, and was immediately thinking about how i had to turn my phone on in case something happened(have a habit of turning volume down on phone). I went down stairs and did a couple things, and that thought of turning my phone on was heavy on my mind. I went back up stairs, fell back asleep, couple hours later my ex wife was waking me saying my mom was in the hospital. She eventually passed. We were very close. It all seemed too much of a coincidence. Thoughts?
You are not alone in having this type of experience. It happened to me. Tough to know exactly why this happens for some but not others. Without any ability to reproduce, it can't be scientifically tested, so we are just left with our experience. I said a prayer for your mother before typing this sentence and will say one for you.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Not sure I understand the point you are trying to make.

Bob.

My stepdad tried to call me and i didnt answer my phone

Old 08-12-2017, 07:33 PM

Thank you for all the responses. I think i failed to mention an important fact. My stepdad tried to call me during the incident and my phone was off.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:39 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,867,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm a skeptic, but when I was sitting in the small room with my dad's body at the funeral home I heard his voice, plain as day, saying "Take care of your mother.". It was just the sort of thing he would say! but I probably just have a vivid imagination.

Most married women can relate to the fact that when you're washing dishes, that's when your husband wants to come up behind you and give you a hug. After my husband died, I was washing dishes when I felt his presence behind me! I had to tell him, honey, you're scaring me. And it stopped.

So weird things do appear to happen, or maybe it's just a coincidence or there are alternative explanations.

My mom had an experience like that right after my dad died. She was sound asleep one night when she felt someone 'sit on the edge of the bed'. She said she felt the covers tighten over her and on that side and just KNEW it was Dad. She told him that she was okay and he could leave. He did.

I have never had any kind of experience after a person has passed, I don't think, but when I moved into my house the previous owner had been gone about six months. For a while I felt/heard/saw a few things that made me wonder if she was still around. For one thing they had an ADT system installed and that thing kept going off, for NO reason. Far as I knew it wasn't even in operation anymore. Finally I just removed the battery from it and it still beeps now and then after a power outage. I thought, for a while, she didn't like someone else in 'her' house. She was the only owner in the 23 years it was here. After a while I 'chose' to believe it was my Mom and the strange things stopped.

Ooops. I don't know how I forgot THIS one but it did happen. My little sister died in an auto accident when I was 11. A few months later I woke up in the night and she was sitting on the end of my bed! She was wearing the same dress we had buried her in, just sitting there, smiling. That lasted a very short time but I knew it was real and told my mom about it the next morning. She tried to tell me I was just dreaming but I knew better. In later years she told me that she did believe it happened. I was devastated by her death and I later thought that she came to let me know she was okay. I still think that all these years later.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:17 PM

29,963 posts, read 11,533,598 times
So your mom had no health issues and you never before or after had the feeling to turn on your phone in during the night?

There is a man who calls himself The Amazing Randi. Google him if you want to know more. He has had a million dollar challenge for anyone who can prove a supernatural experience. He started with a $1,000 back in 1964 in it became one million in 1997. No one has claimed the prize.

Reality is dead people do not contact the living. There are psychological explanations why some people believe this stuff but its not real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal