Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 05:40 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,185,829 times

Advertisements

Many are recommending to quit taking photos and use video only. So much info captured and can be studied deeper. Using a camera? Use black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 06:31 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,617,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The OP lives 400 miles away. Did you miss that? You are wanting a rancher to tell about his business and answer questions about his cattle. Most consider this NONE OF YOUR DAMN BSINESS.

Hang on...... I appreciate your understanding, but no need to get snippy with people who don't believe it. Also, the other poster was talking about a cattle story unrelated to mine. I think you have your stories crossed up.

As I have said before, my entire family have been skeptics of pretty much everything for most of our lives. I posted this fully expecting there to be some skepticism with it. Just from the video posted, I would be as well if I didn't know the parties involved or have the backstory.

I'll even go as far as to say that while there haven't been bear sightings in that area in my lifetime, that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility that a bear could be around. But.... his description of a blonde/brown hairy creature doesn't fit with a black bear (the only kind that has been spotted in the South) so based on that description I'm not sure that it was a bear.

I talked to my uncle this weekend again and asked the question about the possibility of an alligator. He was very stern in his response that he saw what it was very clearly and that there was no alligator anywhere in sight. I asked if he had considered going back there to look around and the answer wasn't very pleasant. The answer I'll post here is a simple "No".

He did run into the landowner in town last week and got cornered. He asked my uncle why he wouldn't finish the job and he eventually had to explain what he saw. The landowner was a bit disturbed since he too knows my uncle well. But he is teetering on whether or not he believes what my uncle told him. The landowner called my dad and asked if my uncle was serious and dad told him that he was. The LO just said that in all his years of knowing my uncle he has never seen him like that and that was concerning to him. His more immediate concern was if the location was being given out and my dad told him no. He said that he might take some family members out there to look around to see if they run across any trespassers.

He is concerned with people trying to trespass in hopes of wandering around his property. He doesn't want the liability that comes with someone getting hurt and the risk that his hunting cabin (actually a fairly large house, originally built for his deceased mother) would be broken into and looted. Dad assured him that my uncle wouldn't tell the location and neither would he. The LO's final words were that anyone caught on the property would be prosecuted.

For the property, it's a done deal. He made it fairly clear that he doesn't want anyone on the property and my uncle made it even more clear that he wasn't going back. I'm still not 100% sure of what he saw, but I am keeping an open mind.

Since a similar sighting was reported across the river the next day in Gainestown (unbeknownst to my uncle at the time), there is a possibility that someone may eventually capture one on camera with a much better picture. Until then... that's all we have.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Hang on...... I appreciate your understanding, but no need to get snippy with people who don't believe it. Also, the other poster was talking about a cattle story unrelated to mine. I think you have your stories crossed up.

As I have said before, my entire family have been skeptics of pretty much everything for most of our lives. I posted this fully expecting there to be some skepticism with it. Just from the video posted, I would be as well if I didn't know the parties involved or have the backstory.

I'll even go as far as to say that while there haven't been bear sightings in that area in my lifetime, that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility that a bear could be around. But.... his description of a blonde/brown hairy creature doesn't fit with a black bear (the only kind that has been spotted in the South) so based on that description I'm not sure that it was a bear.

I talked to my uncle this weekend again and asked the question about the possibility of an alligator. He was very stern in his response that he saw what it was very clearly and that there was no alligator anywhere in sight. I asked if he had considered going back there to look around and the answer wasn't very pleasant. The answer I'll post here is a simple "No".

He did run into the landowner in town last week and got cornered. He asked my uncle why he wouldn't finish the job and he eventually had to explain what he saw. The landowner was a bit disturbed since he too knows my uncle well. But he is teetering on whether or not he believes what my uncle told him. The landowner called my dad and asked if my uncle was serious and dad told him that he was. The LO just said that in all his years of knowing my uncle he has never seen him like that and that was concerning to him. His more immediate concern was if the location was being given out and my dad told him no. He said that he might take some family members out there to look around to see if they run across any trespassers.

He is concerned with people trying to trespass in hopes of wandering around his property. He doesn't want the liability that comes with someone getting hurt and the risk that his hunting cabin (actually a fairly large house, originally built for his deceased mother) would be broken into and looted. Dad assured him that my uncle wouldn't tell the location and neither would he. The LO's final words were that anyone caught on the property would be prosecuted.

For the property, it's a done deal. He made it fairly clear that he doesn't want anyone on the property and my uncle made it even more clear that he wasn't going back. I'm still not 100% sure of what he saw, but I am keeping an open mind.

Since a similar sighting was reported across the river the next day in Gainestown (unbeknownst to my uncle at the time), there is a possibility that someone may eventually capture one on camera with a much better picture. Until then... that's all we have.
They are not just on that property. Follow the creeks they always follow the creeks.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:02 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,127,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have some scat. Do you want it?
That really needs to be on a tee shirt.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:06 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

Details, details....? Did you hear about this by word of mouth? Any further info?

Old 08-28-2017, 08:03 PM
KCZ

4,655 posts, read 3,619,285 times
The Gainestown report appears to be very well-publicized online. A quick google turns up a bunch of stories.

BFRO Report 49238: Close observation of a Sasquatch on a front porch at night near Gainestown

Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,794,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
The Gainestown report appears to be very well-publicized online. A quick google turns up a bunch of stories.

BFRO Report 49238: Close observation of a Sasquatch on a front porch at night near Gainestown
That was two years ago, not the next day.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:43 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,617,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Details, details....? Did you hear about this by word of mouth? Any further info?

My cousin is the Editor for a newspaper one county east of Monroe County (where this happened). He got a call from someone in Gainestown asking if he heard anything about this. I don't really have a lot of details outside of what I posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post

Oh wow.... now THAT I didn't know about. That's pretty interesting!

Old 09-14-2017, 01:01 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,043,377 times
OP; I can't watch the videos (power surge killed my computer so I'm on one kids school iPad) but I believe you.

I had my phone in my hand the night I stepped onto my porch in 2006, when that darn bird (that I have multiple posts/threads on here about) flew off my roof & right over head & it never crossed my mind to try to turn on my camera ...

I mean; are you kidding me? My brain had already entered "fight or flight" mode & "turn on the camera" isn't a priority response for either state! I'd be MORE skeptical to see a clear & calm video with prime angles & optimal lighting ... That would seem staged to me.

Especially when you are talking about something so massive that it's simply out of context with what we understand as reality. I'm more sorry than anybody that I don't have a picture. Within about 24 hours of seeing "him" & not being able to reconcile "what was" with "what couldn't be"? I just shut it out.

Maybe others can override the instinct to live for the perfect shot but I had just been knocked backwards in the dark from a force of wind so strong that it "boomed" like a clap of thunder. I was not thinking about photography.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
OP; I can't watch the videos (power surge killed my computer so I'm on one kids school iPad) but I believe you.

I had my phone in my hand the night I stepped onto my porch in 2006, when that darn bird (that I have multiple posts/threads on here about) flew off my roof & right over head & it never crossed my mind to try to turn on my camera ...

I mean; are you kidding me? My brain had already entered "fight or flight" mode & "turn on the camera" isn't a priority response for either state! I'd be MORE skeptical to see a clear & calm video with prime angles & optimal lighting ... That would seem staged to me.

Especially when you are talking about something so massive that it's simply out of context with what we understand as reality. I'm more sorry than anybody that I don't have a picture. Within about 24 hours of seeing "him" & not being able to reconcile "what was" with "what couldn't be"? I just shut it out.

Maybe others can override the instinct to live for the perfect shot but I had just been knocked backwards in the dark from a force of wind so strong that it "boomed" like a clap of thunder. I was not thinking about photography.
You are so right. Also when it is happening you can be enjoying it so much that you don't care about a photo. I know what i saw.

Doesn't matter either that no one can go there. First they follow a river to a smaller one then a creek and then branches of that creek and then out in the world from there. Go to the creek and be either above or below where the sighting occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal