U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:41 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,618,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Okay -- reopened. NOW... just because you don't like being questioned -- that is not a personal attack. No one is calling anyone a liar, and idiot or anything rude. This is a discussion board -- if no one discusses, the forum dies.

Regarding taking video... just went outside to record my cat getting cussed out by a squirrel. There was tons of chittering and tail shaking. I took a minute and totally missed the squirrel, and then missed Beezer losing interest. I got pictures of tree, and more tree and ground.

That was under no stress at all. So trust me -- there are a lot of people who miss the event, when they are stressed out! I can't imagine stress turns people into Fellini!
This I totally understand, I may do it myself. BUT it would not stop me from going back with a 12 gauge and a a few trail cams. I would not send people bad video and tell them for various reasons. This is easy money actually.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:57 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,531,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This I totally understand, I may do it myself. BUT it would not stop me from going back with a 12 gauge and a a few trail cams. I would not send people bad video and tell them for various reasons. This is easy money actually.

This is easy money actually..I disagree about that. Try it yourself and i think you will agree.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:42 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,618,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This is easy money actually..I disagree about that. Try it yourself and i think you will agree.
With all due respect Versatile I believe humans and animals are creatures of habit. There was a reason the creature was there so that is a great place to look IMHO.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
With all due respect Versatile I believe humans and animals are creatures of habit. There was a reason the creature was there so that is a great place to look IMHO.
I have seen one, had rocks thrown at me. Trees shook and howled at up close. Yes a great place to start.

Get out a start walking the creeks and you will eventually learn enough to be able to understand what is going on around you when you see sign.

Give me practically any state and i can tell you a place to go. No western states.
This creature is the Apex predator and he can change his habits in a second.

Last edited by Versatile; 08-24-2017 at 01:04 PM..

Old 08-24-2017, 03:35 PM

5,467 posts, read 4,902,252 times
I won't go that far into it personally.... I haven't seen anything personally. But, that doesn't stop me from believing there is a possibility that it could exist.

As for money..... some people's sole purpose in life isn't to find a get rich quick scheme. Therefore as I said before, the risk of what he may stumble upon just to get that shot isn't worth the potential reward. I haven't been put into that situation (and neither have many of us here) so I can't say how I would react or what I would do. I would imagine my quest for self-preservation would have me trying to get away instead of worrying about a video. And that self preservation would likely continue on and keep me from the desire to return.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:41 PM

13,684 posts, read 3,625,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Okay -- reopened. NOW... just because you don't like being questioned -- that is not a personal attack. No one is calling anyone a liar, and idiot or anything rude. This is a discussion board -- if no one discusses, the forum dies.

Regarding taking video... just went outside to record my cat getting cussed out by a squirrel. There was tons of chittering and tail shaking. I took a minute and totally missed the squirrel, and then missed Beezer losing interest. I got pictures of tree, and more tree and ground.

That was under no stress at all. So trust me -- there are a lot of people who miss the event, when they are stressed out! I can't imagine stress turns people into Fellini!
Good point. The other day there was this ferocious thunderstorm where I live. One of the strongest ones I have ever witnessed. I go on my porch and I wanted to take a video of it with my phone. I hit stop when I thought it was play and got nothing. Like you not any real stress. I can understand if you think your life might be in danger how difficult that would be.

I think it would be great if bigfoot is out there somewhere. I drove through Arkansas a couple weeks back near the Ozarks. Not sure how many bigfoot sightings there are there but the forests are endless and hard to even see in them. Very eerie forests.

Only thing I would say and I am sure some others might about how hard it can be to get a decent video of Bigfoot. It might be difficult but at some point someone just has to be lucky and get hit the jackpot with a video that cannot be disputed. Maybe we have just not been that lucky yet.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:08 AM

7,941 posts, read 6,319,522 times
OP, I, for one, think your uncle did see something that scared the heck out of him. Was it a bigfoot? I don't know, but since he has experience in the woods and with bears, etc. I tend to believe it was something he'd never seen before. When you say that your dad said he was so upset that he was white and truly scared, that's just not something that happens to a big guy everyday, and would lend some credence to his story. I'll tell you why I believe you/uncle/dad.

I have a cousin I'll call Frank. He's also a big guy, about 6'5" 300 lbs and not prone to exaggeration or wild stories. He just doesn't take any cr@p off anybody, if you know what I mean. He's also been pretty successful financially and generally makes good financial decisions, judging by outward appearances of wealth. So Frank and his wife lived for years on a compound with some acreage out in the desert in So Cal, so he's familiar with predators like mountain lions, bobcats, and coyotes. They sold that property and bought some ranch land in Colorado, planning to run some cattle there. Less than a year later, they were back in So Cal. I asked Frank why he sold so quickly and he made some weird excuse and left the room. My other cousin "Sam" pulls me aside and says, "Don't ask him about that, it's a weird story and he thinks people will say he's crazy." So now I have to know! Sam tells me that Frank and the wife were riding ATV's around the property for fun and to check the fences one day, and they come upon the dead bodies of some of their cattle. The cattle were in a group and all had been killed the same way, that there was a weird perfectly circular hole in their necks and they had no blood on the ground or in the bodies. Just slowly drying up in the heat, not bloating or anything like you would expect. They looked for tracks and they couldn't find any trace of what killed these cattle on his own property and why they were bloodless. It couldn't have been rustlers, what would be the purpose of killing them and then leaving them to rot? So Frank got real spooked and put the property up for sale and sold it at a loss to the first offer he got. Sam swears that Frank was so freaked out about what happened that he didn't want to tell Sam about it, but the wife told and so Sam found out and got the details, but Frank still won't talk about what he thinks it could have been. Personally, I think maybe some bad neighbors wanted him off the land and maybe staged the scene. But why? And killing someone's cattle is a serious offense, so I just don't know. I've never been one to believe these stories of aliens or secret government experiments, but I know that Frank wouldn't make up tall tales to cover up a bad real estate transaction. And he didn't even want to talk about it. It's just too weird.

So regardless of what others say, you know your uncle and your dad, and whatever uncle saw was something he felt was new to him and very scary. So not trying to derail or hijack your thread, don't really want a bunch of replies re: my cousin, just support for your belief in your uncle's story.

Last edited by TheShadow; 08-26-2017 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 PM

87,982 posts, read 81,852,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
OP, I, for one, think your uncle did see something that scared the heck out of him. Was it a bigfoot? I don't know, but since he has experience in the woods and with bears, etc. I tend to believe it was something he'd never seen before. When you say that your dad said he was so upset that he was white and truly scared, that's just not something that happens to a big guy everyday, and would lend some credence to his story. I'll tell you why I believe you/uncle/dad.

I have a cousin I'll call Frank. He's also a big guy, about 6'5" 300 lbs and not prone to exaggeration or wild stories. He just doesn't take any cr@p off anybody, if you know what I mean. He's also been pretty successful financially and generally makes good financial decisions, judging by outward appearances of wealth. So Frank and his wife lived for years on a compound with some acreage out in the desert in So Cal, so he's familiar with predators like mountain lions, bobcats, and coyotes. They sold that property and bought some ranch land in Colorado, planning to run some cattle there. Less than a year later, they were back in So Cal. I asked Frank why he sold so quickly and he made some weird excuse and left the room. My other cousin "Sam" pulls me aside and says, "Don't ask him about that, it's a weird story and he thinks people will say he's crazy." So now I have to know! Sam tells me that Frank and the wife were riding ATV's around the property for fun and to check the fences one day, and they come upon the dead bodies of some of their cattle. The cattle were in a group and all had been killed the same way, that there was a weird perfectly circular hole in their necks and they had no blood on the ground or in the bodies. Just slowly drying up in the heat, not bloating or anything like you would expect. They looked for tracks and they couldn't find any trace of what killed these cattle on his own property and why they were bloodless. It couldn't have been rustlers, what would be the purpose of killing them and then leaving them to rot? So Frank got real spooked and put the property up for sale and sold it at a loss to the first offer he got. Sam swears that Frank was so freaked out about what happened that he didn't want to tell Sam about it, but the wife told and so Sam found out and got the details, but Frank still won't talk about what he thinks it could have been. Personally, I think maybe some bad neighbors wanted him off the land and maybe staged the scene. But why? And killing someone's cattle is a serious offense, so I just don't know. I've never been one to believe these stories of aliens or secret government experiments, but I know that Frank wouldn't make up tall tales to cover up a bad real estate transaction. And he didn't even want to talk about it. It's just too weird.

So regardless of what others say, you know your uncle and your dad, and whatever uncle saw was something he felt was new to him and very scary. So not trying to derail or hijack your thread, don't really want a bunch of replies re: my cousin, just support for your belief in your uncle's story.
Your cousin should have asked other cattle ranchers around if they'd ever experienced any unusual cattle deaths.

But I agree about the OP's story. His uncle got unusually spooked by something. There was an analysis of the video that had been posted online that said it was a crocodile attacking the deer in the water, and it was a convincing analysis. But the OP's uncle knew there were crocodiles in the area. He was familiar with the fauna around that property and the general area, as you point out. So what was it that spooked him? There's a big difference between a big, hairy ape-like creature, and a large amphibian. Unless maybe by coincidence it was a bear standing up on the shore as the crocodile attacked...

Old 08-26-2017, 03:25 PM

Your cousin should have asked other cattle ranchers around if they'd ever experienced any unusual cattle deaths.

Why would a rancher tell a stranger anything?

Ruth are you going to respond to last last statement about your post?

Old 08-26-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

But I agree about the OP's story. His uncle got unusually spooked by something. There was an analysis of the video that had been posted online that said it was a crocodile attacking the deer in the water, and it was a convincing analysis. But the OP's uncle knew there were crocodiles in the area. He was familiar with the fauna around that property and the general area, as you point out. So what was it that spooked him? There's a big difference between a big, hairy ape-like creature, and a large amphibian. Unless maybe by coincidence it was a bear standing up on the shore as the crocodile attacked...
You are ignoring the fact that the OP states that there have no bear sightings for years around that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal