Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 PM

146 posts, read 172,136 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm a 22yr old and experienced something very 'overwhelming' to say the least 4 years ago when I was 16. I heard a Sting song and felt very 'off', almost a drug like experience. Not a single emotion but it's something that I hadn't experienced prior or after. Even when taking alcohol or smoking.

It sounds quite unbelievable and easy to dismiss but here me out. I was in my apartment as a teenager practicing piano with my parents on the weekend when I suddenly heard a Sting song that I hadn't heard in nearly a decade when I lived in the US. Funnily enough, I only noticed when my brain tuned in at the middle of the song and felt the nostalgia..very very powerful. I seemed to have blanked out when I heard it. I didn't like,hate, or feel excited about the song but just rembered hearing it and my mind was almost overtaken. I didn't remember any lyrics and thus forgot it shortly after.

The next week when I was alone switching on the Blu-Ray player to connect the speakers to watch TV, the remote wasn't working properly so I was pressing buttons until..BAM. The song comes up again but this time quite loudly. I couldn't switch it off and my mind sort of got lost in the music. Like last week, I felt the drug experience but this time I felt extreme 'embarrassment'. Not at the music being cheesy, bad or weird sounding but the instruments themselves almost evoking undesirable emotion and crating this dreamlike feeling that I've experienced when I sleep. It ended a short while and I looked up the song and everything went back to normal.

You'll probably say it's my interest in music; I know people who like jamming but they never feel what I've felt especially since this has only happened once in my life. Another explanation people have is mental health issues and yes, I did try and go to the psychiatrist and psychologist both of whom were unable to do anything for me. I strongly believe that this is more than just a mental issue has to do with everything surrounding the case.

Firstly, I checked the album and song date which was released exactly 20 years to the date that I heard it that time. I chucked this up to my father playing radio or some songs since he's a fan of 90s/80s music but he confirmed then and now that he hardly listens to music out loud and almost rarely listens to Sting. The song I talked about was one he didn't know at all about the next week or month from this experience when I asked him to confirm. Neither did my mother.

My life after the song was filled with elation. That year was an unusual one. It's funny how I could almost subconsciously divide my life before the years following that event and after. It sounds absolutely insane how a song could transform me but I think it did; and I stress that it wasn't the artists having 'amazing' music but purely what the music itself was doing to me. This is something people understandably have difficulty comprehending.

Before this I had another strange and definitely paranormal experience though unrelated where I was looking through my aunts closet for some money she owed me and didn't pay. She was in the living room and caught me walking. I went back to my bedroom where my two cousin were playing games, saw me and told me to "go face the consequences". Turns out I didn't because, suddenly one who was sleeping amazingly started vomiting and caused my other cousin to vomit too. this diverted my aunts attention to take him to the hospital. I don' t know how you explain that but that is one heck of a coincidence eh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 04:14 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,300,555 times
They say music is the best time machine. A lot of songs inspire nostalgia and emotions I felt in my youth and that isn't unusual. The other situation sounds like it was more of a coincidence then anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal