Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 06:02 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Why cant we see it?
Thank you ocpaul20 for summing this up for us. I think most conspiracy theorists like to believe in conspiracy theories because it they can think better of themselves, they can think that they are smarter than everyone around them. In the "Why can't we see it? ocpaul20 is saying "we" but he means "you". Obviously he "sees it", it is just us morons who cannot, thus he is better than most people.

ocpaul20, if you are so concerned with governmental abuse of power why not start with China instead of a steady stream of propaganda against the United States?

The weirdest thing is that you use information from United States governmental agencies to support your claims. So you do trust them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 07:56 AM

9,131 posts, read 14,699,556 times
Quote:
OK, I will bite.

You guys are amazing. One moment you say folks cannot keep a secret and the next you point to the secret spy planes and nuclear bombs of WW2.

Which is it? Can people keep a secret or cant they?

wrt the people who are working in these projects or in the secret services etc, there are plenty of whistleblowers who have come out to tell us about their inside knowledge but you guys dont believe them and tell us it is rubbish.

You think you can have it both ways ?
Keeping the atomic bomb secret in a time before it was easy to even disseminate any information, most of the people working on the most sensitive parts on,y knew a small part of it and were literally locked inside a gate with guns pointed at them all day long in cities built away from other occupied areas, while we were at war with enemies and it wasn't a sure thing we would win is far different than the other things people commonly claim as conspiracies.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:53 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,414,596 times
I always wondered who builds and maintains those secret US/Alien bases. All those underground bunkers would need a lot of concrete and other building materials. Is there a secret base construction crew that goes around doing them all? How much do they get paid? Who maintains said bases? Someone has to change the light bulbs and scrub the toilets as well as take out the trash after cooking for the personnel. It's the day to day operations people I'm curious about.

My wife was in the Air Force and when ever we watched "Stargate: SG1", I would always ask how someone would volunteer or be selected for such a assignment. What exact security clearance do you need to operate in such an environment? Once again, what is the pay structure? With all the different bases being set up on different planets, there would have to be someone noticing all these scientists and military disappearing for long times. And what biologist, having found a new plant process on another planet could keep their mouth shut and never be able to share their findings?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:53 AM

29,962 posts, read 11,533,598 times
Quote:
OK, I will bite.

You guys are amazing. One moment you say folks cannot keep a secret and the next you point to the secret spy planes and nuclear bombs of WW2.

Which is it? Can people keep a secret or cant they?

wrt the people who are working in these projects or in the secret services etc, there are plenty of whistleblowers who have come out to tell us about their inside knowledge but you guys dont believe them and tell us it is rubbish.

You think you can have it both ways ?
I don't believe that there are secrets that stay that way forever.

You would have a point if Nuclear Bombs were just a rumor and not proven to exist. But secret military projects eventually come out in the open. There is a difference between a conspiracy and a top secret program.

I also think the government promotes the notion of UFO's a big coverup to hide the real programs they are working on.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:33 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,131,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Keeping the atomic bomb secret
Which proves the rule. The fact is: We couldn't keep the atomic bomb a secret. Top Secret as the Manhattan Project was, the Soviets had it by 1945.

Two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Barring that, all bets are off.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:02 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,832,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It may well be apocryphal, since I can't find a reference for it now, but years ago I read that in the talks after WWII, a Japanese official asked General MacArthur why no American General had ever tried to take his troops and seize power. MacArthur replied, "Because the nearest corporal would shoot him in the head." I sure hope that kind of honor and loyalty to country is still being instilled in our enlisted soldiers.

That is why when I hear of Trump wanting "loyalty oaths" and talking about "my military," it scares the jahoobies out of me.
I think Obama's willingness to openly recruit Gays/transgenders into our military was a deliberate attempt to have a military in place that would follow ANY ORDERS he gave them. Why do I think this might have been a possibility? Here is some of my reasoning.

To start off after Obama gave his fantastic speech to the Democratic Convention I realized He had a future with the Democratic Party and I thought it would be a good idea to study up on him. I read his book DREAMS FROM MY FATHER and listened to his narration of the book. BTW I read a First edition and listened to an early version of the CD;s of his book. Soon after I read his book THE AUDACITY OF HOPE.

When I read DFMF I thought to myself "WOW, this guy hates White people. I picked up his narration of DFMF and I thought I was hearing the same hatred that I detected in his book. This was all before he ran for President the first time. I then read several books highly critical of Obama. The one that stands out in my mind was The Obama Nation" by Jerome Corsi. There were others but that is the one I remembered the most. I then read Obama's book "The Audacity of Hope". This was several years between readings. Right before the 2008 election I read DFMF again but this edition seemed to me to be subtly different than his DFMF I read the first time. I checked with all the local libraries to see if they had a first edition, first printing and none could be found. I know a lot of the librarians in my area and several of them told me that that was one of the books that book thieves were after because a lot of them were stole. Of course my first thought was :now that Obama is running for President "they" are removing all of his First editions they can from circulation". Paranoid on my part? Just a suggestion but a comparison of DFMF first edition, first printing with later printings would be an interesting thesis for a graduate paper. Am I really paranoid?

I should thank Obama for one thing. Right before he was first elected as President I was doing research on the firearms industry as an investment opportunity. Two of the companies I researched were Ruger Industries (RGR---SWHC) and Smith & Wesson. Look back at the stock prices of those two companies in October of 2008 and compare them to the stock prices in October 0f 2016. Don't forget to include the Dividends paid out in that 8 year period also. So thank yous go out to both Obama and Hillary for being directly responsible for making many believers in the Second Amendment wealthy.

I have been using the handle Gunluvver2 for many years so by reading previous posts of mine you can get a fairly good idea of my ideas on several issues. In my mind there is one thing that this country has that guarantees our continued freedoms above all else and that is the SECOND AMENDMENT. One of the biggest fears of our Founding Fathers was a tyrannical government and the power of a huge "standing army" the tyrannical government might wield. Hence the Second Amendment.

Consider the OATH that members of the military take "
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962)."

Now think about this: In 2007 how many of our military would have obeyed an order given by the commander in chief to confiscate firearms of US citizens? Do you think the percentage of our military personnel willing to obey such an order in 2016 would be the same?

What scared the "jahoobies" out of me was the thought of four/eight more years of a President like Hillary.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:01 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I think Obama's willingness to openly recruit Gays/transgenders into our military was a deliberate attempt to have a military in place that would follow ANY ORDERS he gave them. Why do I think this might have been a possibility? Here is some of my reasoning.

To start off after Obama gave his fantastic speech to the Democratic Convention I realized He had a future with the Democratic Party and I thought it would be a good idea to study up on him. I read his book DREAMS FROM MY FATHER and listened to his narration of the book. BTW I read a First edition and listened to an early version of the CD;s of his book. Soon after I read his book THE AUDACITY OF HOPE.

When I read DFMF I thought to myself "WOW, this guy hates White people. I picked up his narration of DFMF and I thought I was hearing the same hatred that I detected in his book. This was all before he ran for President the first time. I then read several books highly critical of Obama. The one that stands out in my mind was The Obama Nation" by Jerome Corsi. There were others but that is the one I remembered the most. I then read Obama's book "The Audacity of Hope". This was several years between readings. Right before the 2008 election I read DFMF again but this edition seemed to me to be subtly different than his DFMF I read the first time. I checked with all the local libraries to see if they had a first edition, first printing and none could be found. I know a lot of the librarians in my area and several of them told me that that was one of the books that book thieves were after because a lot of them were stole. Of course my first thought was :now that Obama is running for President "they" are removing all of his First editions they can from circulation". Paranoid on my part? Just a suggestion but a comparison of DFMF first edition, first printing with later printings would be an interesting thesis for a graduate paper. Am I really paranoid?

I should thank Obama for one thing. Right before he was first elected as President I was doing research on the firearms industry as an investment opportunity. Two of the companies I researched were Ruger Industries (RGR---SWHC) and Smith & Wesson. Look back at the stock prices of those two companies in October of 2008 and compare them to the stock prices in October 0f 2016. Don't forget to include the Dividends paid out in that 8 year period also. So thank yous go out to both Obama and Hillary for being directly responsible for making many believers in the Second Amendment wealthy.

I have been using the handle Gunluvver2 for many years so by reading previous posts of mine you can get a fairly good idea of my ideas on several issues. In my mind there is one thing that this country has that guarantees our continued freedoms above all else and that is the SECOND AMENDMENT. One of the biggest fears of our Founding Fathers was a tyrannical government and the power of a huge "standing army" the tyrannical government might wield. Hence the Second Amendment.

Consider the OATH that members of the military take "
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962)."

Now think about this: In 2007 how many of our military would have obeyed an order given by the commander in chief to confiscate firearms of US citizens? Do you think the percentage of our military personnel willing to obey such an order in 2016 would be the same?

What scared the "jahoobies" out of me was the thought of four/eight more years of a President like Hillary.
First: Have you ever served in the military? Now lets get to the meat of what you say. There is no reason to believe that sexuality has anything to do with ownership, support or confiscation of firearms. While I served I knew some gay soldiers and there were no problems whatsoever. After I got out I have met gay soldiers that have served in various wars and some have guns and some do not and do not wish to. None have expressed any strange viewpoints on confiscating firearms.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:15 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,832,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
First: Have you ever served in the military? Now lets get to the meat of what you say. There is no reason to believe that sexuality has anything to do with ownership, support or confiscation of firearms. While I served I knew some gay soldiers and there were no problems whatsoever. After I got out I have met gay soldiers that have served in various wars and some have guns and some do not and do not wish to. None have expressed any strange viewpoints on confiscating firearms.
My reply to your post is not showing up. CD moderators must be too PC again.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:23 PM

3,930 posts, read 5,138,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Events that the news reports but the truth is something else. 9/11 comes to mind as being the most well known. There's others like shootings, terrorist attacks, etc. Where are the people who were part of the event. Who were bribed or threatened or something. Im sure they can reveal the information,videos, etc while remaining anonymus.
They do talk, but by the time they do the 'well has been poisoned' so thoroughly, they are written off as looney conspiracy theorists.

Anyway, everyone knows the people that could expose the truth have already been killed in random single car accidents.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:24 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
My reply to your post is not showing up. CD moderators must be too PC again.
Nope....must have gotten eaten by the internets...

If I or any other mod deletes a post, you'd see it deleted and we'd tell you why it was deleted. You don't get to see anyone else's deleted posts, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal