U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-09-2017, 07:34 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,925,695 times
Reputation: 4977

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I post in the Bigfoot threads because I'm waiting for that incontrovertible evidence. I'm open to believing. But I haven't found any non-debunked evidence yet. Maybe someday.

I'm kinda like Linus, waiting for the Great Pumpkin.
Ruth. you reject any photos or information i have posted to show you where you are wrong but you readily accept supposed russian photos and explanations about that even though we know the russians are master at lying.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2017, 08:25 PM
 
Location: New York Area
24,630 posts, read 10,021,545 times
Reputation: 19529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You assume so much. Photos are not proof


Thanks. But good bye to you also
Photos are evidence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2017, 06:36 PM
 
Location: New York Area
24,630 posts, read 10,021,545 times
Reputation: 19529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Photos are evidence.
Someone, without identifying themselves, gave me a reputation comment that said "Doctored photos?". Let me explain the concept of evidence. Evidence, to be admitted in court, has to be sponsored by one side or the other. In the case of photos the sponsorship generally include identifying who took the photo, when the photo was taken, where the photo was taken, and the overall circumstances. Then the sponsor has to demonstrate the chain of custody, e.g. who printed it out and the method by which the photo was preserved and printed. The Judge may, if appropriate, allow the photo to be admitted into evidence.

The finder of fact, usually a jury but sometimes the judge must then decide what weight to give the phone. Someone challenging the photo must show why, for example, they think it's doctored.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 12:22 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
90,664 posts, read 86,805,427 times
Reputation: 97485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Ruth. you reject any photos or information i have posted to show you where you are wrong but you readily accept supposed russian photos and explanations about that even though we know the russians are master at lying.
What Russian photos?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:05 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,925,695 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What Russian photos?

From this thread.

What do you consider to be the most interesting paranormal mystery that has NOT been debunked?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 02:03 PM
 
437 posts, read 370,753 times
Reputation: 375
Not sure what makes more sense or is more of a conspiracy theory....being skeptical of BF existence, or skeptical of how taxpayer money is spent.

The U.S. Army Corp of Engineers seems to believe BF exists, enough to have spent $200,000 (taxpayer money) to publish the Washington Environmental Atlas back in 1974....which includes, ....yup, you guessed it, the big hairy guy!

Bigfoot Declared To Exist By US Army | Bigfoot Research News

Go figure!

(If you don't want to believe that article and think it's *part of the hoax*, call the state. It's File # 221797, 1974, Washington Environmental Atlas, published by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. Seattle, WA
(206) 783-7059 )

If it is a hoax, wonder why the good people of WA state weren't up the arces of the U.S.Army Corp of Engineers, or their representatives/the Govt for sanctioning such a project for $200G???

Last edited by carolochs; 09-11-2017 at 02:26 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,442 posts, read 12,897,739 times
Reputation: 28344
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
...The U.S. Army Corp of Engineers seems to believe BF exists, enough to have spent $200,000 (taxpayer money) to publish the Washington Environmental Atlas back in 1974....which includes, ....yup, you guessed it, the big hairy guy!...
And the CDC has a Zombie Preparedness Guide.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 03:17 PM
 
437 posts, read 370,753 times
Reputation: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
And the CDC has a Zombie Preparedness Guide.

Self-described as:
"an entertaining way to introduce emergency preparedness"

Seriously? You're comparing to THAT?

::yawn::

Yeah...I figured.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,442 posts, read 12,897,739 times
Reputation: 28344
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
...Seriously? You're comparing to THAT?...
Certainly. The Washington State government said it was a tongue-in-cheek entry that readers might find humorous. So, it was a joke. Even people who actually believe in BF know that it was a joke (well, most of them).

Do better research on your sources. Poor research is no research at all and simply circulates bad information.

Well, I guess I pickled that red herring.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,925,695 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Certainly. The Washington State government said it was a tongue-in-cheek entry that readers might find humorous. So, it was a joke. Even people who actually believe in BF know that it was a joke (well, most of them).

Do better research on your sources. Poor research is no research at all and simply circulates bad information.

Well, I guess I pickled that red herring.
Hey Red .Show me that is true please. The Spokane news article doesn't mention that nor does it pop up on google.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top