U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-19-2017, 04:56 PM
 
Location: B.C., Canada
11,785 posts, read 9,989,482 times
Reputation: 26270

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
A GREAT THANK YOU to a fellow researcher. These SAS's are very different than those from the south, mid south and midwest and to the north as well. I won't post much more tonight due to my bedtime a coming up.

Tell me more of what you see. Intrigued by this winter habitations underground.I have wonders of them aquiring beaver dens under trees along rivers here in the midwest and enlarging them.

Beaver dens aren't suitable. Beaver dens are always built in the middle of deep water or on the edge of deep water that has been dammed so that the only entrance to the den is reached from under the water. Sasquatches will never build or inhabit dens near water, they would be too wet and cold because of the water table and they pose a huge risk of being flooded or of disintegration.

They prefer to have their habitations well away from water on high, dry land with plenty of drainage and no risk of flooding within natural caves or dug deep into the ground at the bases of natural rock outcrops or cliffs. If those kinds of natural cave or rock formations can't be found in their territory they will build their own underground cave on hillsides or amidst big trees or dense thickets. They do that by excavating a huge hole and then they build and shore up a "cave" with a roof out of flat rocks and tree trunks that is built right inside the hole. They then cover that "cave" over with layers of branches and all the dirt and small rocks that they dug out of the hole, so it's like a big earthen mound with a hidden entrance, and then camouflage the whole mound with uprooted and transplanted vegetation. Thus the habitation is hidden, camouflaged and well insulated for winter.


.

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-19-2017 at 05:06 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2017, 06:50 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,906,455 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Beaver dens aren't suitable. Beaver dens are always built in the middle of deep water or on the edge of deep water that has been dammed so that the only entrance to the den is reached from under the water. Sasquatches will never build or inhabit dens near water, they would be too wet and cold because of the water table and they pose a huge risk of being flooded or of disintegration.

They prefer to have their habitations well away from water on high, dry land with plenty of drainage and no risk of flooding within natural caves or dug deep into the ground at the bases of natural rock outcrops or cliffs. If those kinds of natural cave or rock formations can't be found in their territory they will build their own underground cave on hillsides or amidst big trees or dense thickets. They do that by excavating a huge hole and then they build and shore up a "cave" with a roof out of flat rocks and tree trunks that is built right inside the hole. They then cover that "cave" over with layers of branches and all the dirt and small rocks that they dug out of the hole, so it's like a big earthen mound with a hidden entrance, and then camouflage the whole mound with uprooted and transplanted vegetation. Thus the habitation is hidden, camouflaged and well insulated for winter.


.
I watch PBS also. There are Beaver n plenty of small and big rivers. They dig dens under big tree roots and hollow it it out.A BF can easily run the beavers off and dig those dens out larger.

A Beaver does not need a Damn nor a built up lodge out in the middle.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 09:09 PM
 
Location: B.C., Canada
11,785 posts, read 9,989,482 times
Reputation: 26270
I'm guessing you must live in a city, yes???

I think you might be confusing beavers with otters or badgers. Beaver's don't build dens under tree roots. They don't build dens anywhere on land because it is too easy for predators to dig them out and eat the babies. Beavers always construct their dens on beaver-made islands or deep tunnels constructed under deep water with the entrance under water so that predators can't get into the dens.

Sasquatches won't construct a dwelling anywhere near water and they definitely won't dig out a den under tree roots. The dens they need to occupy are far too big and would cause trees to become unstable, uprooted and toppled over. Boom!

You need to stop thinking of sasquatches and talking about them as if they are some kind of stupid primitive animals that don't understand the principles of physics, engineering and construction. And human stupidity. They are unique hominids with extra special skills and talents that humans do not possess, and are extremely intelligent and inventive. More intelligent than a lot of humans.


.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 08:51 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,906,455 times
Reputation: 4977
Get yer head on. They don't have to build lodges like you think.

The second type of lodge is the bank lodge. It is typically excavated into the bank of a large stream, river, or lake where the water is too deep or fast moving to build the classic conical lodge.

Beaver Facts: Beaver Behavior, Biology | Beaver Solutions LLC

No i don't live in the city and i grew up on a farm and worked on a huge crop farm company for 19 years. I have heard beaver slapping their tails on the Mo River at night from my homebuilt house boat and that was back in the early 80's.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,906,455 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm guessing you must live in a city, yes???

I think you might be confusing beavers with otters or badgers. Beaver's don't build dens under tree roots. They don't build dens anywhere on land because it is too easy for predators to dig them out and eat the babies. Beavers always construct their dens on beaver-made islands or deep tunnels constructed under deep water with the entrance under water so that predators can't get into the dens.

Sasquatches won't construct a dwelling anywhere near water and they definitely won't dig out a den under tree roots. The dens they need to occupy are far too big and would cause trees to become unstable, uprooted and toppled over. Boom!

You need to stop thinking of sasquatches and talking about them as if they are some kind of stupid primitive animals that don't understand the principles of physics, engineering and construction. And human stupidity. They are unique hominids with extra special skills and talents that humans do not possess, and are extremely intelligent and inventive. More intelligent than a lot of humans.


.
i I agree with you on this.


You need to stop thinking of sasquatches and talking about them as if they are some kind of stupid primitive animals that don't understand the principles of physics, engineering and construction. And human stupidity. They are unique hominids with extra special skills and talents that humans do not possess, and are extremely intelligent and inventive. More intelligent than a lot of humans.

They are more intelligent than any human entering their environment.

Quit judging me i am not judging you.

A simple google would have clued you in about beaver dens on rivers. You tried to give me a education about beavers and i know more than you do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 11:18 AM
 
Location: B.C., Canada
11,785 posts, read 9,989,482 times
Reputation: 26270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

A simple google would have clued you in about beaver dens on rivers. You tried to give me a education about beavers and i know more than you do.

I'm sorry and you are right that I do need to get my head on - and give it a shake. I must remind myself that the lay of the land and the types of soil, rocks and other natural resources available (such as water ways and vegetation), and even climate and topography, are so very different in the midwest than they are in the mountainous northwest. Naturally the animals of each of the many diverse regions throughout North America are going to be different and behave differently from their counterparts in other regions in the ways they function and how they adapt to their environments. It stands to reason that beavers (and sasquatches for that matter) will behave differently in different regions.

I have travelled through the midwest and seen what the waterways and land is like so I understand your point and it makes sense that beavers there would build dens in the soft river embankments. Here in the rugged mountains of British Columbia it's not possible for them to do that in the massive boulder embanked rushing glacial rivers and ravines that are here so beavers rarely if ever will dwell nearby to river banks. They create their own wetlands at some short distances apart from the rivers and build cone lodges out in the water in the ponds and small lakes that they create from damming small streams.

Again, because of the differences in terrain and resources and lack of very high mountains where you are I can also understand why sasquatches there may be more likely to create dens in holes in the ground. It's a whole different environment and they must work with what they have.


.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 12:40 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,906,455 times
Reputation: 4977
I know of people seeing 2 bf enter what looked like a gator den in Louisiana.
There are about 5 types of these creatures here in the midwest. Variances between height,weight,color ,foot print type and face types and attitudes and hands/claws.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 PM
 
Location: B.C., Canada
11,785 posts, read 9,989,482 times
Reputation: 26270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I know of people seeing 2 bf enter what looked like a gator den in Louisiana.
There are about 5 types of these creatures here in the midwest. Variances between height,weight,color ,foot print type and face types and attitudes and hands/claws.

I have a question regarding the above 5 types. Do you know if there have ever been any reports of any of them doing something friendly and/or altruistic towards humans? Or are all reports of them about them being evasive and/or overtly hostile towards humans?


.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 09:49 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,906,455 times
Reputation: 4977
[quote=Zoisite;49582721]I have a question regarding the above 5 types. Do you know if there have ever been any reports of any of them doing something friendly and/or altruistic towards humans? Or are all reports of them about them being evasive and/or overtly hostile towards humans?


.[/QUOTE

People that feed them talk of feathers and bones left in exchange .

when you see them swaying then they know they are busted but the swaying is just to keep your attention so another can come in behind you.

Throwing rocks at a guy is hostile in itself. They have good aim and throwing but not trying to hit you? Your call.

Last edited by Versatile; 09-20-2017 at 10:16 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 PM
 
Location: New York Area
24,464 posts, read 9,942,681 times
Reputation: 19341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I have a question regarding the above 5 types. Do you know if there have ever been any reports of any of them doing something friendly and/or altruistic towards humans? Or are all reports of them about them being evasive and/or overtly hostile towards humans?
People that feed them talk of feathers and bones left in exchange .

when you see them swaying then they know they are busted but the swaying is just to keep your attention so another can come in behind you.

Throwing rocks at a guy is hostile in itself. They have good aim and throwing but not trying to hit you? Your call.
Has anyone who has fed them been interviewed?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top