U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-22-2017, 06:01 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977

Advertisements

BF in the midwest and most lower 48 get around more Quadrupedally than Bipedally.

Easily proven, Get out in the woods.

Last edited by Versatile; 09-22-2017 at 07:28 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2017, 06:35 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977
This is a marker made by a Bf or more. Have you ever tried to shove a 3-4" limb into the ground in the woods? YOU CAN'T do it.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 06:37 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977
Can you see him?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 12:16 PM
 
Location: B.C., Canada
11,865 posts, read 10,075,063 times
Reputation: 26508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Has anyone who has fed them been interviewed?

Yes. There's at least a couple of organizations in North America that I know of who send out people to conduct interviews with people who have reported sightings or of having had personal interactions. In Canada I know there is the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club (B.C.S.C.C.) About | BCSCC.ca and based in USA there is the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization

However, it's been estimated by these organizations that probably only 1 in 10 incidents actually gets reported as most people tend to keep their mouths shut about their experiences for various reasons, except perhaps to tell trusted relatives or close friends.

A few benign incidents I personally know of that never got reported except to locals are as follows:

My father told me about an incident in 1929 when he was working with a crew of loggers at an isolated logging camp in the Nass valley in northern BC. Several crew members, including my father, observed a sasquatch one night as it was walking off with a huge wooden barrel of pickled herrings that it had taken from behind the cook shack. Later that week the barrel was returned one night and the herrings and pickling brine and the barrel lid were gone but the barrel was half filled with a much prized local delicacy, freshly harvested pine mushrooms.

When I was a child living in Bella Coola I observed on several occasions a family of 5 sasquatches that would come down into our pastures and orchards to harvest berries, mushrooms, plums, pears and apples. We had cattle, goats and geese that were grazing in the pastures and they ignored the sasquatch family, who in turn ignored them. They also ignored our farm guard dogs who were not aggressive towards them but if either the dogs or myself or my other family members or farm work crew members got too close to them they would throw things at us as a warning to keep our distance.

Along the north west coast native villages there have been several stories told of sasquatches taking drying fish from the top shelves of the fish drying racks and replacing the fish with strips of edible seaweed or some such other harvest from the ocean. They only took the fish from the top racks, never touched what was on the lower racks.

Another incident, not food related but still relevant to benign incidents, occurred on our own farmstead along the Kitsumgalum River in 1960. Our neighbour's 9 y.o. daughter with their dog was wandering through our beaver wetlands gathering thimble berries when she inadvertently stepped into a poacher's foot hold trap that she couldn't extricate herself from. She was screaming for help but nobody was close enough to hear her. Her dog disappeared and she was alone for a long time until the dog returned with a sasquatch following it. The sasquatch broke the trap into pieces, releasing her foot then it picked her up and carried her to our own home where it deposited her behind our barn and left her there.


.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 01:34 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977
Thanks for the post. I disagree aboUt the BFRO. Isn't that the the Matt Moneymaker bunch. They charge for expeditions and they always have some type of encounter so they go their money's worth.

Seems to be quite a bit difference in the NW ones and what we have around here. You get to messing with them around here and they will come mess with you. Plenty of live stock and dogs killed by them.
Having been seen so close to to humans and so many times it is logical to think they are located in a small area. Have you seen any home type structures etc tree markers etc Where do you think the stay for the most part.

I have a friend that feeds some and all het gets is a bone and a small feather at times.


Seems to be a great difference in dogs up your way as well. Dogs around here are terrified of them if not and they get to close or bark all the time they get killed.(Dogs are dogs anywhere in the world) and you are saying they are calm around an Apex predator.

Do you have any photos?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 01:48 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977
They also ignored our farm guard dogs who were not aggressive towards them but if either the dogs or myself or my other family members or farm work crew members got too close to them they would throw things at us as a warning to keep our distance.

Most dogs would have considered them to be a predator that is threatening us on our land. Throwing something at me or my dogs would have considered that as an attack.

I encourage everyone to be skeptical and i am for sure skeptical of your accounts. I offer to take you to places around me that have quite a bit of BF action. I can prove what i say by showing it. Can you offer to show me things so i will believe what you are saying?

You posts are quite a bit like people i have met that have a rose colored glasses attitude about these creatures.

I have never read anything like what you post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Raleigh
8,162 posts, read 7,183,433 times
Reputation: 10075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Old hairy is known to lay up alongside road and highways in patches of brush that you would never think they would be in.
Remember they always follow the creeks.
Yabut the smell gives them away.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 01:51 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Yabut the smell gives them away.

They can put that stench out at will.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 PM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,928,375 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Yes. There's at least a couple of organizations in North America that I know of who send out people to conduct interviews with people who have reported sightings or of having had personal interactions. In Canada I know there is the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club (B.C.S.C.C.) About | BCSCC.ca and based in USA there is the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization

However, it's been estimated by these organizations that probably only 1 in 10 incidents actually gets reported as most people tend to keep their mouths shut about their experiences for various reasons, except perhaps to tell trusted relatives or close friends.

A few benign incidents I personally know of that never got reported except to locals are as follows:

My father told me about an incident in 1929 when he was working with a crew of loggers at an isolated logging camp in the Nass valley in northern BC. Several crew members, including my father, observed a sasquatch one night as it was walking off with a huge wooden barrel of pickled herrings that it had taken from behind the cook shack. Later that week the barrel was returned one night and the herrings and pickling brine and the barrel lid were gone but the barrel was half filled with a much prized local delicacy, freshly harvested pine mushrooms.

When I was a child living in Bella Coola I observed on several occasions a family of 5 sasquatches that would come down into our pastures and orchards to harvest berries, mushrooms, plums, pears and apples. We had cattle, goats and geese that were grazing in the pastures and they ignored the sasquatch family, who in turn ignored them. They also ignored our farm guard dogs who were not aggressive towards them but if either the dogs or myself or my other family members or farm work crew members got too close to them they would throw things at us as a warning to keep our distance.

Along the north west coast native villages there have been several stories told of sasquatches taking drying fish from the top shelves of the fish drying racks and replacing the fish with strips of edible seaweed or some such other harvest from the ocean. They only took the fish from the top racks, never touched what was on the lower racks.

Another incident, not food related but still relevant to benign incidents, occurred on our own farmstead along the Kitsumgalum River in 1960. Our neighbour's 9 y.o. daughter with their dog was wandering through our beaver wetlands gathering thimble berries when she inadvertently stepped into a poacher's foot hold trap that she couldn't extricate herself from. She was screaming for help but nobody was close enough to hear her. Her dog disappeared and she was alone for a long time until the dog returned with a sasquatch following it. The sasquatch broke the trap into pieces, releasing her foot then it picked her up and carried her to our own home where it deposited her behind our barn and left her there.


.
Don't you have bears around there?

huge wooden barrel of pickled herrings that it had taken from behind the cook shack. Was it protected from bears getting to it?

Dog associatting with a SAS?????????????????/ I wonder why the do didn't go get humans instead?
From the trapping ihave done . A CHILD WOULD HAVE TO BE IN THE WATER OR PUT A FOOT DOWN IN A HOLE. darn caps to get caught by a trap.

You are throwing a lot of flags. Here in the 48 states families fear of their kids being abducted by a critter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2017, 03:15 PM
 
Location: B.C., Canada
11,865 posts, read 10,075,063 times
Reputation: 26508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Thanks for the post. I disagree aboUt the BFRO. Isn't that the the Matt Moneymaker bunch. They charge for expeditions and they always have some type of encounter so they go their money's worth.

Seems to be quite a bit difference in the NW ones and what we have around here. You get to messing with them around here and they will come mess with you. Plenty of live stock and dogs killed by them.
Having been seen so close to to humans and so many times it is logical to think they are located in a small area. Have you seen any home type structures etc tree markers etc Where do you think the stay for the most part.

I have a friend that feeds some and all het gets is a bone and a small feather at times.


Seems to be a great difference in dogs up your way as well. Dogs around here are terrified of them if not and they get to close or bark all the time they get killed.(Dogs are dogs anywhere in the world) and you are saying they are calm around an Apex predator.

Do you have any photos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Most dogs would have considered them to be a predator that is threatening us on our land. Throwing something at me or my dogs would have considered that as an attack.

I encourage everyone to be skeptical and i am for sure skeptical of your accounts. I offer to take you to places around me that have quite a bit of BF action. I can prove what i say by showing it. Can you offer to show me things so i will believe what you are saying?

You posts are quite a bit like people i have met that have a rose colored glasses attitude about these creatures.

I have never read anything like what you post.

I'm not a researcher and am not affiliated with any research organization so don't know much about what they all do. I don't know anything about the BFRO other than that they send investigators to interview people who have made reports. If you click on their database map on their website you can see their reports plus information about the credibility of their investigators.

I think there is a huge difference between the sasquatch tribes of the north west and those of other parts of the continent. This is speculation on my part but I think perhaps the reason for the western ones affability and relatively civilized and advanced behavior is because they have always been shown respect by the natives instead of hostility. They have had plenty of interaction with them including exchanging gifts and animals as well as a certain degree of trust and therefore have more chances to learn from each other.

You SHOULD be skeptical of my accounts, and you need to understand it's not important to me whether or not you or anyone else accepts on faith what I report online about sasquatches. But I will make reports as I see fit and not by anyone else's demand and if other people can't accept the information as being alligned to their own world view ...... well, that's not my problem and I'm okay with that.

I don't need to see somebody else's proofs in another part of the continent to know that they exist or that they exhibit aberrant behaviours in different locations. I'm not interested in travelling around the continent to see what anyone else has to show as their proof since I already have a long lifetime of proofs of my own right here where I am and I know where to find and how to personally interact with sasquatches any time I want.

I will never, ever show strangers any evidence or any locations of sasquatches as that would be a complete invasion and betrayal of trust of intelligent beings who just want to be left alone.

You are absolutely right that you have never read anything like what I post. If the information in my posts bothers you so much you have my permission to continue telling other readers to be skeptical.


.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top