U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 06:44 PM

24,863 posts, read 10,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Grizzlies are common throughout the entire province except for the very extreme southwest coastal corner of the province where the largest cities and highest populations are. Black bears and cougars are everywhere including coming right into all towns and cities everywhere. It happens several times a year every year that black bears and cougars will come into residential neighbourhoods, they will walk into houses if doors are not locked and even come into busy downtown business cores. You can look it up online for confirmation of some of the incidents that have happened. Now normally the people here try to be conscientious about not leaving stuff around that will attract wildlife to scavenge but that doesn't stop animals from coming into human inhabited areas. Black bears often walk off carrying garbage bins in their mouths. Cougars steal really strange things, like garden hoses, bicycle tires, garden tools, even furniture. Go figure.
I am one of the few American subscribers to Canadian Geographic. They had an article about cougar intrusions into urban areas two or three years ago.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 06:45 PM

12,282 posts, read 11,967,920 times
Back on subject: I have a friend that has a daughter that is terrified to come see him. Several yrs ago she came out to her fads place in the country. He heard he screaming and when he got to the door he could see a tall red hair BF standing right next to he after she had just got out of the car. I won't describe what was very obvious in regards to his genitalia.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Grizzlies are common throughout the entire province except for the very extreme southwest coastal corner of the province where the largest cities and highest populations are. Black bears and cougars are everywhere including coming right into all towns and cities everywhere. It happens several times a year every year that black bears and cougars will come into residential neighbourhoods, they will walk into houses if doors are not locked and even come into busy downtown business cores. You can look it up online for confirmation of some of the incidents that have happened. Now normally the people here try to be conscientious about not leaving stuff around that will attract wildlife to scavenge but that doesn't stop animals from coming into human inhabited areas. Black bears often walk off carrying garbage bins in their mouths. Cougars steal really strange things, like garden hoses, bicycle tires, garden tools, even furniture. Go figure.

But as for the sasquatch carrying away a barrel of herring, (that happened way up north in the Nass, not in Bella Coola - read that post again) what do you find so unusual about that? Remember this happened in 1929 - I was but a twinkle in my father's eye, not born yet and I don't know how that camp stored their supplies. But if it was just a normal camp composed of light shacks and tents like most temporary work camps are out in the wilderness, not a full time permanent camp built of permanent structures of heavy logs or concrete, then there should be no mystery about it. A big sasquatch could have leveled the entire camp and completely laid waste to everything there (just as has happened before) if it was of a mind to do so. So I don't think it the slightest bit of mystery that a sasquatch could easily break into the cook shack and walk off with a prized barrel of pickled herring without destroying the cook shack or anything else in the camp.

You are very clearly upset about being told about things that don't align with your own world view and you have been rude and making accusations that are undeserved. Read your own posts again.

I don't know. I don't live with them. How many BigFoots are there in the lower 48?

How does anything learn about what human civilizations are doing? I should think it would be by observing, mimicking, adapting, making contact, communicating and adopting human manners or practices that work for them. How is it that animals like bears, cougars, coyotes, deer, elk, skunks, raccoons, feral cats/dogs, birds, etc. are able to adapt to human civilization and even live permanently in human cities and towns? Easy answer - they do it by observing, mimicking, adapting, making contact, communicating and adopting human manners or practices that work for them. So why not sasquatches, which are clearly so much more intelligent than those animals, and some even far more intelligent than many humans?

You think they are such great creatures. If they are so intelligent then why don't they have any town etc?

Old 09-24-2017, 08:19 PM

11,958 posts, read 10,210,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

I am one of the few American subscribers to Canadian Geographic. They had an article about cougar intrusions into urban areas two or three years ago.

Maybe some day Canadian Geographic will have an article about Canada's mysterious Bigfooted Hairy Men and Boggies of the Woods and Mountains.

Yes, those urban invading cougars can be cheeky buggers, eh! I wonder if the article mentioned the straying cougar that visited the legislative buildings in Victoria. The while incident got recorded and was on the news that night. By the way, the incident with the cougar stealing the garden hose happened just this summer not too far from me. The homeowner was there and videoed it walking off from his back yard dragging the hose in its mouth and he posted it to CTV for the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You think they are such great creatures. If they are so intelligent then why don't they have any town etc?
What makes you think that they don't?

Take a look at a close up satellite view of what the terrain looks like up in this part of the continent. There's no reason why there couldn't be whole communities hidden away in the deep woods and mountain caverns where there are no humans.

For all you know there might be whole communities living undetected in underground tunnels and caverns in lots of territories throughout USA too.

Here is another friendly tip for you. Whenever you think somebody on a forum might be a shill or troll or somebody who is actually genuine and sincere (or whatever), there is an easy way to find out what that person's real character is by doing a quick review of their other posts in other topics on other CD forums. Just click on the posters name and the drop box comes down where you can select to review all recent posts. If a person is a troll, you will find a trollish pattern in all topics. If a person is sincere and honest you will also find a pattern of sincerety in all topics.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:24 PM

Jane Goodall, one of the worlds leading experts on apes, believes Bigfoot is 100% real

Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 PM

24,863 posts, read 10,188,190 times
Quote:
Jane Goodall, one of the worlds leading experts on apes, believes Bigfoot is 100% real
Seriously I'd like to see a link to an article or interview with her saying that. I take much though not al of what she says seriously.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:06 PM

12,442 posts, read 12,959,951 times
Quote:
What she believes has no impact on reality.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 PM

12,442 posts, read 12,959,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Seriously I'd like to see a link to an article or interview with her saying that. I take much though not al of what she says seriously.
Yeah, she did say that in an NPR interview.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:36 PM

11,958 posts, read 10,210,651 times
Versatile, I have another question for you. As you have no doubt perceived, I am an advocate for sasquatches, not their enemy, so I want to know what's going on here.

Why are you posting online about sasquatches? You've said you don't want to catch one or kill one to show as proof, and that you don't want the government or Homeland Security coming after you if you do present proof, and that you don't want money for exploiting them.

And yet here you are talking about them, posting dubious pictures and videos of footprints and men in gorilla suits that you think could be evidence of sasquatches. You're posting about how they're evil vicious killers, rapists and cannibals and you're telling other people who could be potential hunters and killers of sasquatches about signs to look for and about how to look for them along creeks and waterways so that they can find them, capture and exploit them or kill them.

So what's in it for you, what are you trying to prove? Are you afraid of them? Did they do something to you? Are you on some kind of vendetta against sasquatches, trying to prove they exist and encourage other Americans to go find them and wipe them all off the face of the earth? Because that's what it sounds like to me, like you've got some kind of huge grudge against these mysterious beings that have managed to out-smart humans for thousands of years and who continue to out-smart humans to this day.

If you don't have a grudge against them and don't bear any ill will towards them, then again I ask, why are you trying to prove their existence and expose them to other greedy, exploitive people who have no scruples and won't leave these creatures alone and will try to kill them? What's your motivation?

And just be honest, don't try to back out or try to evade answering my questions with more of your questions and don't bother with any more of your insults either (yes, I did see your insulting responses to me that the moderator deleted from this thread), otherwise if you can't be honest and forthright you will just lose any possible credibility that you might have had with me and everyone else reading this topic.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:32 PM

6,219 posts, read 4,919,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yeah, she did say that in an NPR interview.
Here's a Goodall quote from the end of the interview:

Quote:
...the big criticism of all this is, "Where is the body?" You know, why isn't there a body? I can't answer that, and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to...
She finds the reports of sightings, particularly Native American, compelling, and describes herself as a romantic. I wonder what she would say today; that was 15 years ago, and there's still no body but an increasing number of people looking for sasquatch/yeti and more trail cams and drones out there every year. As much as many of us hated naysayers have shared Goodall's romanticism in our past, it's not looking good for sasquatch (and yeti is looking more and more to be a possibly unknown species of arctic bear).

But what do I know, I'm just one a them government shills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal