U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 09:26 PM

24,612 posts, read 10,010,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
That's why I have an ever-growing ignore list. I like discussion and have no problem with disagreements if people are civil, but someone who calls me a government plant or attacks my skepticism or tells me I don't belong here goes right into the list. It keeps me from rising to the bait and makes reading the forums here a much more pleasant experience.
I have made several civil posts and gotten inappropriate responses. As people who are familiar with my forum posts know I am not into personal attacks or mockery of other posters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 01:23 AM

11,849 posts, read 10,053,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
I'd like to hear about it!
And if you don't feel comfortable about sharing here due to some of the usual attackers who only attack for sport (well beyond healthy skepticism) and then pat themselves on the back snidely for being especially rude, .....feel free to message me privately. Unlike others, I'm capable of nurturing my skepticism constructively, while keeping an open mind and believing there are reasons for everything--even things that may seem unexplainable.

Okay, I'll tell you about the ladies' drumming circle encounter and I think some other people may find the full story interesting too but I don't want to highjack this sasquatch thread of Versatile's so I'll post a new thread about it here on the UM&P forum sometime this week. I think the story would deserve a different thread of its own in any case since the encounter didn't just involve a group of sasquatches and a group of women. It also involved what some people would call paranormal activity which happened at the same time and place and the reason for that activity and how it came about needs to be explained.

I'm comfortable enough with skeptics who keep their heads. Polite, logical, constructive skepticism and debate can be a good thing and can be enlightening for everyone at times. I only become intolerant of skeptics if they lose their cool and start getting rude and ignorant and flinging sarcasm, stupid insults and accusations. There's never any good excuse for that kind of immature behavior and engaging with hecklers like that is usually a futile waste of time.

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-28-2017 at 01:31 AM..

Old 09-28-2017, 09:40 AM

437 posts, read 370,635 times
I only become intolerant of skeptics if they lose their cool and start getting rude and ignorant and flinging sarcasm, stupid insults and accusations. There's never any good excuse for that kind of immature behavior and engaging with hecklers like that is usually a futile waste of time.

I am totally with you on that!

Old 09-29-2017, 11:36 PM

13,533 posts, read 20,142,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Not just one particular area either. Bigfoot have been seen in many different locations and in many different countries, so you may well come across one in your area of the country. keep your eyes peeled and you may find a footprint near a creek.
How many big foots are there?

Old 09-30-2017, 12:15 AM

737 posts, read 1,102,653 times
More questions from a skeptic minus the sarcasm:

So there are ~1800 grizzly bears in the wild in the lower 48. Hunters and hikers regularly encounter them even though grizzly bears possess exceptional noses. Grizzly bears are shy and prefer to avoid us.

Where are the Bigfoot hiding? Surely they sometimes stumble into a grizzly bear? Where are the mauled grizzly bear corpses from Bigfoot encounters and vice versa? Even a Bigfoot will bleed out from an arterial wound from a grizzly's paw or teeth. Grizzlies can run up to ~35 mph.

In massive California the hunters in the early 20th century managed to find the last remaining grizzly bears and render them extinct in that state, and yet couldn't find and shoot one Bigfoot?

Even if Bigfoot had supernatural abilities to avoid hunters and trail trap cameras, some die eventually and drop dead from cardiac events or cancers, yes? And what about those who become extremely ill and lose their powers of evasion due to infection? Where are they?

Old 09-30-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post

...... Even if Bigfoot had supernatural abilities to avoid hunters and trail trap cameras, some die eventually and drop dead from cardiac events or cancers, yes? And what about those who become extremely ill and lose their powers of evasion due to infection? Where are they?

I suspect that they all know when one of their number is dead and they bury them deeply in the ground covered over with huge rocks.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

I'll tell you about a group of sasquatches and a women's shamanic drumming circle at the lake .
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post

I'd like to hear about it!

Here you go, I have posted it now.

The sasquatches and the ladies drumming circle

Old 09-30-2017, 06:27 AM

12,282 posts, read 11,923,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
More questions from a skeptic minus the sarcasm:

So there are ~1800 grizzly bears in the wild in the lower 48. Hunters and hikers regularly encounter them even though grizzly bears possess exceptional noses. Grizzly bears are shy and prefer to avoid us.

Where are the Bigfoot hiding? Surely they sometimes stumble into a grizzly bear? Where are the mauled grizzly bear corpses from Bigfoot encounters and vice versa? Even a Bigfoot will bleed out from an arterial wound from a grizzly's paw or teeth. Grizzlies can run up to ~35 mph.

In massive California the hunters in the early 20th century managed to find the last remaining grizzly bears and render them extinct in that state, and yet couldn't find and shoot one Bigfoot?

Even if Bigfoot had supernatural abilities to avoid hunters and trail trap cameras, some die eventually and drop dead from cardiac events or cancers, yes? And what about those who become extremely ill and lose their powers of evasion due to infection? Where are they?
The problem is that you are assuming.. You are assuming what may have happened several times over the years has not happened.We have very very few bears definitely no grizzlies in the midwest.I think any of these creatures is smarter than a bear of ay type.

As i say. Get away from the computer and get out there.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I suspect that they all know when one of their number is dead and they bury them deeply in the ground covered over with huge rocks.

Why do you suspect that? Any smart rock person can tell when rocks have been moved.As far as anyone knows is that they eat the dead.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:46 AM

This photo was taken very very close to some houses. Listen to your kids as to what they see and then question very subtly as a good parent will.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal