Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 06:05 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
The first claimed sighting of the infamous Big foot was over 150 years ago, if he was really real wouldn't he be dead by now.
The claim is there is a breeding population of an unknown relict primate behind the sightings, not a single animal that has lived for hundreds (or thousands) of years. Ditto for other cryptids like Nessie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 AM

745 posts, read 1,278,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Would YOU go into the IR spotlight and have a photo taken if you were Bigfoot? Some animals can see into the IR spectrum, so it would be natural to expect Bigfoot not to go where these photo hunting traps are placed.

I dont understand why some people cannot consider using methods other than the normal hunting accessories. Obviously, (since many people have seen bigfoot with their own eyes) there is something stopping Bigfoot from being caught on IR hunting cameras.
Your logic goes something like this:

1. Many people claim to have seen Bigfoot.
2. Therefore, Bigfoot exists.
3. But because this huge Bigfoot has never been seen by camera traps, he must possess special powers for evading technology (even though he cannot seem to evade human eyes).

Do you see how silly this gets? The big problem is #2 making humans claiming to have seen something to be evidence. Humans claim to see fairies and aliens and ghosts all the time.

Name one large mammal being tracked by humans that has successfully evaded hidden cameras in the wild.

Endangered snow leopards inhabit remote rugged mountains above 9k feet yet you can see them in glorious 4k resolution on Planet Earth II. These cats are remarkably stealthy, but smaller than Bigfoot.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:32 AM

437 posts, read 433,767 times
WHAT? No FAIRIES??????????????????????

Old 08-31-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
WHAT? No FAIRIES??????????????????????
19th century Irish peasants would have me strangled and left in a peat bog for suggesting fairies did not exist.

Speaking of fairies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

Old 08-31-2017, 10:38 AM

Well I paint them (fairies) as part of my living, so admittedly, I am biased.......

Old 08-31-2017, 10:40 AM

Thing is, as unbelieving as so many are, I personally don't think even a carcass, bones, teeth, poop, hair, or even a live one (Bigfoot) would convince the disbelievers. It will NEVER be enough evidence for them, even when they stick their fingers in the bullet holes.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Thing is, as unbelieving as so many are, I personally don't think even a carcass, bones, teeth, poop, hair, or even a live one (Bigfoot) would convince the disbelievers. It will NEVER be enough evidence for them, even when they stick their fingers in the bullet holes.
I will be the first to believe when I see the body.

And tell those hunters who keep shooting Bigfoot to stop running away from the scene of the crime. They will be millionaires if they take the body home, and will be able to hire attorneys to deal with game wardens.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:47 AM

Depends on what state they shoot/kill bigfoot in and laws/fines/incarceration pertaining, apparently. Hence, why hunters run.

http://www.skamaniacounty.org/ordina...ce%2069-01.pdf
http://www.skamaniacounty.org/ordinance/Ord_1984-2.pdf

Skamania County:
http://www.skamaniacounty.org/ordina..._Directory.pdf
http://skamaniacounty.org/ordinance/...ON%20TABLE.HTM
(Scroll down to "1984-02 Sasquatch Refuge" on this county site)

If you need additional information about Ordinances prior to 2002, please contact:
Pam Johnson, Clerk of the Board

Although any shooter would likely claim Bigfoot was the aggressor, attempting to attack the shooter first, self-defense, to avoid "homicide", and who's going to speak in Bigfoot's defense?

But imagine that! Legislators, paid by taxpayers, passing legislation such as that! What do you suppose they based their decisions on? Were they drunk? Or, again (as said in a previous post of mine) does Govt know but trying to put the kybosh on acknowledging Bigfoot?

Last edited by carolochs; 08-31-2017 at 12:42 PM..

Old 08-31-2017, 12:13 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
Quote:
If you want to believe that about those of us who are looking for the same sort of evidence that recognition of any new species has traditionally required, go for it. It makes it easier to pigeonhole us "skeptics". If on the other hand you want to understand our calls for hard evidence, look at how new species come to be recognized and named by science. Like the platypus, the coelacanth, the gorilla. It requires a living, breathing animal or plant, or a dead body or fossil of the whole organism or its parts. None of that exists for Bigfoot.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM

I don't think the U.S. Govt is quite as freaked-out by the implications and follow-up of existence of a platypus or coelacanth might have on John Q. Public....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal