Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,912,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
I don't know if it's govt conspiracies or not, obviously. But it's certainly possible. Do you have evidence to prove it's not?
A man's walking down the road and sees a guy shooting his shotgun into the branches of a tree. This stirs his curiosity.

Traveler: "What are you doing??"
Shooter: "Scaring away the elephants."
Traveler: "Is it working?"
Shooter: "Don't see any elephants, do ya?"

Quote:
Look....I totally *get* the need for scientific "body" proof, yada yada....I would believe beyond doubt with it, too, but would hate to think the critter died just to satisfy human curiosity. I'm not totally pro either way, but definitely lean away from killing BF to prove it exists. I'm just willing to keep my mind open to possibilities. And thus far, as skeptical as I am about no hardcore pathologic proof, I'm also just as skeptical how so many people could be having the same fantasy/nightmare/experience....especially people who want no recognition or fame for telling their story, they are just warning others. What do you s'pose makes them tick??? They KNOW they are going to be ridiculed endlessly.......
They're not faking in most cases - even the most hardcore skeptics will agree they think they saw something. The question is, what did they see? I've written many times here about the unreliability of eyewitnesses and the lability of memory. Stories about what I think I saw may be interesting but they're not proof.

It doesn't require a body. Should an unambiguous photo show up of Bigfoot, or provably uncontaminated and undegraded DNA evidence, you're going to have primatologists writing grant proposals and packing their bags. As I recall there have been trailcam photos of animals in various parts of the world in recent decades that have caused zoologists to sit up and take notice, saying in effect "looks like we might have a new species of X here". Here's an example:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0E5V3tnBhE4

Absolutely no such quality evidence exists for Bigfoot so there's no reason for primatologists to sit up and take notice. I frankly find the grainy videos I've seen of supposed thylacines in Australia much more compelling than all the visual and audio evidence produced for Bigfoot. Which leads me to the conclusion: it's most likely mistaken identity under stress we're seeing with a smattering of hoaxes thrown in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 09:26 AM

437 posts, read 433,823 times
For people who don't believe, it's amazing how much time you give to this thread! LOL!
The amount of ridicule that occurs is *proof* why so many who have seen what they think they are seeing do not come forward. What's the point? More and more they are content to know what they know and let time take care of bodies turning up. And I don't blame them, nor would/will I waste time trying to convince anyone.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:30 AM

745 posts, read 1,278,617 times
Quote:
For people who don't believe, it's amazing how much time you give to this thread! LOL!
I actually find the psychology of conspiratorial thinking to be fascinating.

You study Bigfoot and we study you.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Why do you study what you don't believe in?
I find it fascinating that anyone would waste that much time on something.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 AM

745 posts, read 1,278,617 times
Quote:
Why do you study what you don't believe in?
I find it fascinating that anyone would waste that much time on something.
But I do believe you exist, and I do believe conspiratorial thinking exists, so I am firmly grounded.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:42 AM

You'll have to get your attention-fix elsewhere, ma dear....I'm off to work.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:29 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,912,343 times
Quote:
The amount of ridicule that occurs is *proof* why so many who have seen what they think they are seeing do not come forward. What's the point? More and more they are content to know what they know and let time take care of bodies turning up. And I don't blame them, nor would/will I waste time trying to convince anyone.
Then why are you here wasting your time arguing with unbelievers since you apparently have the answers already?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:59 PM

44,569 posts, read 61,347,806 times
Latest 'Big Foot' sighting...

Washington D.C. January 20, 2017

Old 09-03-2017, 09:56 AM

24,364 posts, read 22,950,229 times
Eastern Ohio and western Pa is a hot bed for Bigfoot sightings. In central Pa I've seen bigfoot profile signs and there's a group there that researches them. Also consider that there are legends of giants in Ohio and Abraham Lincoln once commented on their skeletal remains.
Now, I don't claim to believe Bigfoot exists. I'm very skeptical of some of the theories about it being a creature from another dimension, an ape or an alien. But I'm open to the possibility and the stories are fun. So are ghost stories. And alien encounters and UFO sightings. Which I do think have some degree of credibility. My own best guess on Bigfoot: The creature is a descendant of the Nephilim, the ancient union of fallen angel and man. That sort of being would have paranormal powers, perhaps near immortality and could exist without being discovered.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 29 days ago)

34,606 posts, read 16,678,923 times
One possibility does come to mind; released "pet" chimpanzees when they become unmanageable, as they always do during their adolescence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal