Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 AM

166 posts, read 170,931 times

Advertisements

Few years ago i had a very strange dream. I was visiting my great grand parents (both long gone) in a house i never had been in. Big, old stone house - more like an English mansion. My dead great grandpa was showing me around and telling me that this house is what my family is - each object had its own history and connection to us. One of the rooms was like a hall - high ceilings and windows. One of the wall was all cover with family pictures of people i have not even heard of. I took a closer look at all and they seemed to be from different periods - even had years written on them.
My grandpa told me to take a good look at the pictures. Then he said it was a time for me to go. We went outside and when we parted he whispered that no matter what happens in life and wherever i go, i must always remember the faces of those people from the pictures. Then he vanished and i woke up.

About a month ago i received a call from a museum curator. It appeared that the museum was to open a new exposition connected with WWI. Somehow the lady had some information she wanted to share with my family and has been looking for us for about 8 months. When we met, she showed me an album with old pictures and there i saw 2 of the faces from my dream. I am still in shock.
Why was my great grandpa showing me those people? Why are they important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 07:53 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
You had a visitation, which is more than a dream. Usually, they seem more vivid and are easier to remember than a regular dream.

They can enter your dreams and visit with you. Maybe your grandfather wanted to let you know he's around, by telling you about an event that was to happen later as a form of proof.

What did the museum curator tell you about those two people in the photos you recognized?

Old 08-24-2017, 02:03 AM

The lady told me that she's preparing an exposition about WWI - with photos and personal items. They had albums with pictures of fallen soldiers and was looking for their relatives in attempt to know more about the people and to ask if we had more "treasures" from the war. I did not even know we had participants in WWI in my family.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:17 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
So you recognized two of the faces from the dream, but have nothing to confirm to the curator they are your family members?

She must have some way to confirm they are family members or else how did she connect you to the photos?

Old 08-24-2017, 03:07 AM

I have another appointment with her at the end of September. Until then, i will do my best to find those people - planning to ask all of my relatives about those soldiers. If they are somehow related to me, i want to know why i never saw them in my family albums.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:49 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,772,311 times
That would be a really awesome dream if I ever had one. I do have very vivid dreams time to time and occasionally I write them down if they are meaningful to me. I personally do not know if long lost relatives have ever visited me in a dream. I think it can happen to a few of us. And I know a few others who have had this experience.

leanah, if you have not already and your great grandparents lived in the United State, you can use Familysearch.org to research your deceased relatives for free online. Familysearch.org is used for genealogy purposes. Maybe your g-grandfather served in WWI. The genealogy research can help you answer some of your own questions instead of waiting until late September.

Please give us an update sometime later.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
That would be a really awesome dream if I ever had one. I do have very vivid dreams time to time and occasionally I write them down if they are meaningful to me. I personally do not know if long lost relatives have ever visited me in a dream. I think it can happen to a few of us. And I know a few others who have had this experience.

leanah, if you have not already and your great grandparents lived in the United State, you can use Familysearch.org to research your deceased relatives for free online. Familysearch.org is used for genealogy purposes. Maybe your g-grandfather served in WWI. The genealogy research can help you answer some of your own questions instead of waiting until late September.

Please give us an update sometime later.
I have been think about the same - checking up my family tree. I know for sure that there are family members who fought in WWI. But they all survived. I know it.
I'll share a bit more after my next meeting with the lady from the museum.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,327 times
Sometimes the only way the dead can communicate with us is through dreams,your ancestor was clearly trying to show you the importance of ancestors and their role in governing,watching over and seeing to our lives this was a big belief in all tribal societies from African to Celtic to honour the ancestors.Dreams are a Spirtual realm.

The mansion you talk about is called a Country House in England,you could try searching country houses,or maybe it's just a regular house.Whatever you do I would start delving into your family history and seeing who these people were.

You can do this by:
Visiting ancestry.com
Posting to a message board for your surname as on genforum.com
Visiting familysearch.org
Talking to your grandparents
Visiting findmypast.co.uk

What happened months later was great synchronicity,(read about it by clicking on the link) your ancestors are definately trying to communicate with you.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Sometimes the only way the dead can communicate with us is through dreams,your ancestor was clearly trying to show you the importance of ancestors and their role in governing,watching over and seeing to our lives this was a big belief in all tribal societies from African to Celtic to honour the ancestors.Dreams are a Spirtual realm.

The mansion you talk about is called a Country House in England,you could try searching country houses,or maybe it's just a regular house.Whatever you do I would start delving into your family history and seeing who these people were.

You can do this by:
Visiting ancestry.com
Posting to a message board for your surname as on genforum.com
Visiting familysearch.org
Talking to your grandparents
Visiting findmypast.co.uk

What happened months later was great synchronicity,(read about it by clicking on the link) your ancestors are definately trying to communicate with you.
I've started digging around. So far, i have no idea about the house. I am aware that sometimes, parts of history could go missing. People do disappear during war - sad, but it's inevitable. Maybe, members of my family has decided to bury certain events - especially it they were too painful to bear.
Dreams with dead persons has always bothered me - no idea why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal