Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times

Advertisements

We can follow our intuition on Spirtual phenomena I don't think the supernatural will ever obey the confines of square little reason,nor does it need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 10:49 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Actually, scientists feel that given the literally millions of "events" that occur in your day, some of them are bound to be improbable just by law of averages.

As for the twins- that is evidence that biology determines a lof of behavior. Nothing could be less paranormal and more scientific.

The twin study is interesting. It's been found that twins who are separated at birth show more signs of the same behavior than full siblings who haven't been separated (I did a paper on twins for my psychology class).

You're right when it comes to biology, though. If the muscles are the same, then the hands that control writing will be the same and the writing itself can be the same IF the twins are identical. However, my brothers are fraternal twins who look exactly alike and one is right handed and the other is left handed. Their writing is nowhere near the same.

On the other hand, some evidence for twins thinking and acting alike goes beyond the biology. I remember a story a friend told me of watching two twin brothers working together on a wall. One twin would put his hand out without looking up and the other twin would hand him a trowel or a shovel or whatever he needed. All without either one of them looking up, saying a word to each other, or pointing at the item.

When my friend questioned the twins, they said they always worked like that.

So there's a mystery right there.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:50 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Climate change - well we already know most first world countries have weather modification. HAARP has been messing about with the upper atmosphere for decades.

What better way to 'attack' another country or bring them into line than a good earthquake, tornado or some other natural disaster. Where does weather modification fit into all of this climate change?

There are thousands of people being abducted every year. To think that some unexplained events are NOT caused by these abductions is just ignoring all the circumstancial evidence in front of us.

How many reported events do there have to be for some scientist somewhere to think it is "worth investigating" rather than just sitting back and saying "there is no evidence". Well, find some then. Plenty of people are citizen scientists but that is not good enough, it has to be investigated by science otherwise it is "not valid". That makes science a joke.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:52 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Nobody really knows how the Naztec Lines (sp?) in Peru were made, do they?
We know how they were made. We just don't know why. That's the opposite of Stonehenge where we know why it was made, but not how.

Incidentally, there are stone rings all over the UK and in many other countries besides. In an age when travel was supposed to be difficult, it's amazing that the same culture built the same standing stones in so many countries so far apart. I'd like to see the mystery of that culture solved.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:34 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

You have to really look for holes. Raccoons chew through wood and insulation.
Well, it was a five-year-old concrete block house with a stucco exterior.

Plus, it was inspected before they bought it, and no doubt again when they sold it. The only issue their inspector turned up was mold in one bathroom wall due to a leak. They had it repaired before they moved in, and wrote into the contract that they had to be there to watch the repair being done.

Here's a photo of raccoon paw prints on a car. I don't think they look enough like a human child hand print. Plus, the hand prints went up very high on the SUV - higher than a small child could reach and higher than a raccoon could reach.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:51 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Well, it was a five-year-old concrete block house with a stucco exterior.

Plus, it was inspected before they bought it, and no doubt again when they sold it. The only issue their inspector turned up was mold in one bathroom wall due to a leak. They had it repaired before they moved in, and wrote into the contract that they had to be there to watch the repair being done.

Here's a photo of raccoon paw prints on a car. I don't think they look enough like a human child hand print. Plus, the hand prints went up very high on the SUV - higher than a small child could reach and higher than a raccoon could reach.
You're right...they won't chew through blocks. I took pics of HUGE raccoon prints to send them to my manager...talk about Bigfoot! These prints were just a little smaller than my hand, which is small...but that was a large raccoon...and I've already deleted them. So I can't share.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:13 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Climate change
The earth has always had a changing climate. Please tell me the specific "correct" temperature.
Quote:
- well we already know most first world countries have weather modification. HAARP has been messing about with the upper atmosphere for decades.

What better way to 'attack' another country or bring them into line than a good earthquake, tornado or some other natural disaster. Where does weather modification fit into all of this climate change?
Earthquakes are weather?
Quote:
There are thousands of people being abducted every year. To think that some unexplained events are NOT caused by these abductions is just ignoring all the circumstancial evidence in front of us.
People have been disappearing for tens of thousands or possibly hundreds of thousands of years. There is no proof that there is anything paranormal or extraterrestrial in that.
Quote:
How many reported events do there have to be for some scientist somewhere to think it is "worth investigating" rather than just sitting back and saying "there is no evidence".
I do not believe everything people say. These "reports" fall well into statistical insignificance,
Quote:
Well, find some then. Plenty of people are citizen scientists but that is not good enough, it has to be investigated by science otherwise it is "not valid". That makes science a joke.
This is a lie. If there is good evidence people will believe it. It seems that the majority of people do not believe there is good evidence. If you are making the claim as fact then support it with evidence, do not demand others do your bidding. Nobody is your slave. Also, how do you handle the "reports" that counter the other "reports"?

Old 09-06-2017, 06:39 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Dyatlov Pass is interesting. Never concluded what killed those campers. Also the Long Island, NY UFO crash of 1992.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:20 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What did I say that was wrong or that you disagree with?
I'm not disagreeing or implying you said anything wrong. I'm just letting you know there are photos, in case you want to investigate it further. It sounded like you might.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:44 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times
How many people have a Big Foot sighting but don't happen to have a camera in hand? Plenty. More than not.
They are a highly elusive, but intelligent primate.
This is my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal