Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:05 PM

14,984 posts, read 23,756,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Has no one ever told you what "assume" means?

No, my point is this: Most of the world's population still believes in a certain amount of the supernatural. The die-hard materialists are a minority of the world's population. And those who do believe in the supernatural to a degree are not all "savages" living "in grass huts and caves" as you put it. Some of them are probably your neighbors.

But belief in witches specifically (and "witch" is a very broad term with lots of meanings varying by region) is still common among many peoples in Africa, Asia, Pacifica, and the Americas. If you don't believe, that's perfectly fine, but dismissing those who do as a bunch of old world savages is a very narrow worldview. At the very least, ask yourself why people still believe in witchcraft in some parts of the world. It isn't because they don't have MTV and the Kardashians.
I understand your point and what you are "assuming". I am telling you it's not relevant to my post. If you believe the thread deals with a "real witch caught" then I submit it is you with the narrow worldview. Address that concept, not any new issue you are attempting to invent as some sort of paranormal justice warrior in an attempt to divert from the topic in order to "win" a discussion that you started on the wrong foot. Do you think people live in grass huts and caves? That was my original question to you, not for you to me. I think at this point we agree that they don't. Now tell me, do you think this poor person tied down is a real witch?

I acknowledged the belief in superstition and the problem with witchcraft in developing nations, including some of the reasons, in more details in one sentence then you can even comprehend - it's a humanitarian issue, not a paranormal issue, particularly in regards to children. If you want to discuss it further including the complex sociological reasons and the harm that it is causing to woman and children, this is not the place, perhaps the Africa forum is more appropriate.

Now move on or answer the question - do you believe this person tied down is a witch?

Last edited by Dd714; 09-07-2017 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 10:15 AM

22,827 posts, read 28,052,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
do you believe this person tied down is a witch?
How could any of us possibly know?

But is that what you're really asking? Or are you asking:

Does this person believe he is a witch?

Do the people who tied him up really believe he is a witch?

Again: How could we possibly know? I see a photo of a person tied down that is apparently taken from a video that won't play. Any judgments on our end of the argument is pure speculation without further evidence.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:57 PM

3,789 posts, read 4,009,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
He turned me into a newt!
I got better.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:57 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,169,369 times
The real question is this and did they ask?

Old 09-08-2017, 03:02 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,591,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
The real question is this and did they ask?

Exactly. And the person should put on the red slippers, click the heels three times and say, "There's no place like home..."

Old 09-08-2017, 03:40 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,169,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Exactly. And the person should put on the red slippers, click the heels three times and say, "There's no place like home..."
Call me crazy, but do I see red shoes in the OP?

Old 09-08-2017, 04:24 PM

15,630 posts, read 26,107,949 times
As the moderator for this board...I know it's great fun to poke fun at things, but this is the wrong forum for that. SO STOP IT.

It is considered trolling.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:03 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,591,123 times
Not sure why the OP's video link didn't work, but I found it (or another one) on YouTube and watched it. The cover image for the video is just a sensational picture that has nothing to do with the video. There is nothing in the video that shows a ritual of anyone laying on the ground and surrounded by a ring of flames. The title of the video is "Encontraron a otra bruja en Colombia en un ritual Brujas reales captadas en vĂ­deo" which translated into English means "They found another witch in Colombia on a real ritual captured video Bruges". According to this link (last paragraph) Brujas or Las Brujas is, "...30 miles northwest of the country’s capital city, Montevideo, in a locality called Las Brujas, which means “the witches”. It’s in the middle of a rural area that produces horticultural crops, and fruits such as apples, prunes, peaches and pears."
International Research Institute for Climate and Society | IRI’s First International Office

The video appears to be a failed attempt to create a homemade "Blair Witch Project" type video with tied up twigs hanging in trees, piles of rocks on the ground, and a few blackberry vines. Most of the video is of blurred images with a camera swinging wildly around. Music has been added to try to make it seem creepier. Parts of the video also include clips from other videos such as the so-called "Flying Witch in Mexico" (which turned out to be a balloon), and a few others of people who claim to have encountered witches. One segment shows a guy laying on a floor or something with people gathered around, and the guy supposedly having his legs flailing around in the air, as if to suggest something invisible is trying to drag him around. He's still laying down though. The video ends with some people going down a flight of stairs into a cellar. They supposedly see something, the lights go out, and then it ends with some screaming in the dark. That's all there is to it. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

My conclusion? This is a cheap amature homemade video, probably made for laughs by the person that made the video. The OP of this thread did say, "Enjoy", which also makes me wonder. In any case, it's not a documentary. It's in the YouTube category of Entertainment. The video is 12:42 long. If you want to see it, the video below seems to work. As a heads up, it's pretty boring, and the constant dark views and out-of-focus motion of the camera is very irritating. It does not look like anything genuine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCEt-aWKFDU

Old 09-12-2017, 12:36 PM

4,757 posts, read 5,383,300 times
Withcraft is alive and well, but so is the blood of Jesus and the power of God.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:40 PM

14,984 posts, read 23,756,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
My conclusion? This is a cheap amature homemade video, probably made for laughs by the person that made the video. The OP of this thread did say, "Enjoy", which also makes me wonder.
Ahaha...the things that get posted! That's funny. Thanks for the efforts to look it up, don't think I will click on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal