Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 10:25 AM

20,627 posts, read 8,393,143 times

Advertisements

I just sent an email to George Noory at Coast to Coast AM radio to lead us. He's done group prayer before to get rain in areas which were then inundated so I know this works.

Please Email him and his producers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 11:54 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,804,741 times
The Transcendental Meditation guys say that crime rates drop when they meditate too, so there may be a glimmer of understanding of group actions. The project which runs the random number generators across the world say that a large population focusing on a particular event changes the randomness of their numbers. So there is some evidence that thought may influence energy.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:04 AM

20,627 posts, read 8,393,143 times
Last night George Noory instructed his listeners to visualize Hurricane Irma losing strength, drifting out to the Atlantic, splitting up or whatever we wanted to visuaize to 'disempower' it. I did exactly that. Woke up this morning to hear it was downgraded to a Category 3! We did it! We did it! This stuff works!

But keep imagining it weakening until it's gone, folks.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:14 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times
Irma lost strength because it was moving over the island of Cuba. It should strengthen again when it's over open water before it slams into Florida. Hurricanes are fed energy by evaporation over warm water which is why they peter out over land or if they go north over cooler water.

God isn't a purveyor of magic solutions -- for every person spared the tragedy associated with a disaster like Irma, there are ten who were not spared, and who prayed earnestly for deliverance. If we are to have free will, then the universe must have freedom to do its worst to us. How we respond is what makes us human.

Quote:
..."One day as we returned from work, we saw three gallows… The SS [guards] seemed more preoccupied, more worried, than usual. To hang a child in front of thousands of onlookers was not a small matter. The head of the camp read the verdict. All eyes were on the child. He was pale, almost calm, but he was biting his lips as he stood in the shadow of the gallows… ‘Where is merciful God, where is He?’ someone behind me was asking. At the signal, the three chairs were tipped over… Then came the march past the victims. The two men were no longer alive… The child, too light, was still breathing… And so he remained for more than half an hour, lingering between life and death… Behind me, I heard the same man asking: ‘For God’s sake, where is God?’ And from within me, I heard a voice answer; ‘Where is He? This is where – hanging here from this gallows…’
from Night, by Elie Wiesel

Old 09-09-2017, 03:23 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,220,535 times
Good pick to quote Mr. Wiesel. may he rip.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:14 AM

10,025 posts, read 17,939,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Last night George Noory instructed his listeners to visualize Hurricane Irma losing strength, drifting out to the Atlantic, splitting up or whatever we wanted to visuaize to 'disempower' it. I did exactly that. Woke up this morning to hear it was downgraded to a Category 3! We did it! We did it! This stuff works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Irma lost strength because it was moving over the island of Cuba. It should strengthen again when it's over open water before it slams into Florida. Hurricanes are fed energy by evaporation over warm water which is why they peter out over land or if they go north over cooler water.

God isn't a purveyor of magic solutions -- for every person spared the tragedy associated with a disaster like Irma, there are ten who were not spared, and who prayed earnestly for deliverance. If we are to have free will, then the universe must have freedom to do its worst to us. How we respond is what makes us human.

from Night, by Elie Wiesel
You said it better, and more kindly, than I could.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,033,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Actually the storm has restrengthened to a cat4 and is heading for Floridas west coast and the Gulf. so i dont think Noory and his group did anything.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,220,535 times
You guys know the story of the '100th Monkey" ?
I still believe in prayer or if you will...the power of the mind...and
the power of many minds focused...this is not a religious thing, necessarily.
Just our own power of intention, determination, belief and will to move what appears
to most as immovable or impossible..look at what Trump has done...sorry, LOL

Old 09-10-2017, 02:07 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You guys know the story of the '100th Monkey" ?
I still believe in prayer or if you will...the power of the mind...and
the power of many minds focused...this is not a religious thing, necessarily.
Just our own power of intention, determination, belief and will to move what appears
to most as immovable or impossible..look at what Trump has done...sorry, LOL
* If the hurricane veers off into the gulf: The prayers worked and the "universe" bowed to positive thinking
* If the hurricane hits Florida and there is devastation: Not enough people prayed or weren't earnest enough

In other words, those who want to believe that the will of many can determine events can't lose. I believe in the power of prayer -- but not in a New-Age God or Universe (which is the depersonalized God for contemporary tastes) that performs magic tricks on demand. Affirmations or prayer are for your own heart, not for bending the world to your own purposes.

And by the way, as I predicted and as jambo101 points out, the storm has strengthened and is clobbering Florida. That's called physics.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:36 PM

872 posts, read 1,705,386 times
Storm is approaching Naples from the south and appears some dry air and wind shear are weakening it somewhat. Also looks the eye will track north over land weakening it further. Obviously still a powerful storm for those in SW FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal