Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 07:01 PM

4,564 posts, read 5,628,809 times

Advertisements

Many realtors are downright horrible at taking effective photos of property for sale.

It is a seller's market in most of the USA -- I have no doubt these will find somebody who wants the house; maybe a non-believer, somebody for whom "orbs" is a selling point, or just somebody without dust allergies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 12:06 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,379,241 times
And what are these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5_iqjHVGdM

The woman filming the orbs around her daughters is a medium, and wanted to show what orbs are like.

She says they are her daughter's guides or guardian angels, or whatever term you want to use.

Near the end of the video, there is an amazingly bright one that flies close to the camera.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:39 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,157,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
And what are these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5_iqjHVGdM

The woman filming the orbs around her daughters is a medium, and wanted to show what orbs are like.

She says they are her daughter's guides or guardian angels, or whatever term you want to use.

Near the end of the video, there is an amazingly bright one that flies close to the camera.
The quality of that video is quite poor, and hampered by the fact it's an old video and she's recording it from the tv....means those could be insects.

And I can't watch anything without a storyline for 15 minutes...

Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,379,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

The quality of that video is quite poor, and hampered by the fact it's an old video and she's recording it from the tv....means those could be insects.

And I can't watch anything without a storyline for 15 minutes...
Oh come on now. I did watch the whole thing and those are not insects.

I'll make it really easy for you. Go to about the 14.30 mark where the super bright one flies close and tell me that's an insect.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:04 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
Quote:
I'll make it really easy for you. Go to about the 14.30 mark where the super bright one flies close and tell me that's an insect.
The poorer the video, the more you can read into it because there's not much information in it. Most of the things zipping around look like they're probably dust blowing around, but what I see at 14:30 doesn't look like an insect -- it looks like a digital artifact in a very low quality image. It's a low-information video played on a TV screen then photographed with a cell phone, and that's supposed to be convincing evidence? Come on.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:11 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi1982 View Post
Would you buy a house with orbs? I saw a couple houses on Realtor.com that i like but the pictures have orbs in them.
Almost all photos I've seen of "orbs" are explainable as dust motes, insects, or image artifacts (which are common in digital cameras). I've only seen a couple of "orbs" that were head-scratchers. Orbs would have no effect on my purchase at all. If I knew there had been murders in the house or some other terrible events, it would creep me out and I'd look elsewhere.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:37 AM

21,669 posts, read 12,711,507 times
Aren't orbs in photos sometimes just "the light" or "dust"? Must they always be disembodied spirits?

Old 09-18-2017, 09:23 AM

36 posts, read 25,396 times
Quote:

Probably not insects.

I am guessing plastic beads.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,516,504 times
How do these people even get through life?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:02 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,157,024 times
Quote:

They were insects.

I saw a much better quality video attempting to catch a light phenomena at a lake...saw lots of things that looked just like those orbs...and they were identified by the people trying to capture the the lake lights as insects.

The light phenomena didn't show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal