Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 04:12 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,614,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The gravitational field is pointed in front of the ship and is directed backwards onto the ship; the ship follows. Turn up the field; the ship follows faster. Point the field to the right, the ship follows right (without slowing down). Turn the field on full power while the ship is at a stand still, and the ship will accelerate at break-neck speeds. Being that gravity is "pulling" (and it is not an engine that is "pushing") the crew (and their blood cells) will not splatter everywhere. Makes sense?
1) That's right, gravity "pulls" because it's an attracting force, not a repelling force. The gravity would have to be coming from a specific external source. If the ship is the source, then gravity would pulling inward from all directions.

Your scenario wouldn't work with the typical disk-shaped flying saucers that are claimed to make high-speed stop-on-a-dime turns. No front or back on a circular disk, just a top side and bottom side. Wouldn't work with spherical shaped UFOs either.

It's conceivable to have simulated "gravity" inside a spinning ship, but that's not gravity. That's centrifugal force which is pushing out, not pulling in.

2) How would a gravitational field deflect anything (such as a meteorite) that's in the path of the direction the ship is heading? Again, gravity attracts, not repel. You can't stop on a dime in space.

3) I'm still not clear on what you meant by "foreign gravity"? Are you talking about gravity on their home planet compared to Earth's gravity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 PM

7,065 posts, read 12,302,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
1) That's right, gravity "pulls" because it's an attracting force, not a repelling force. The gravity would have to be coming from a specific external source. If the ship is the source, then gravity would pulling inward from all directions.

Your scenario wouldn't work with the typical disk-shaped flying saucers that are claimed to make high-speed stop-on-a-dime turns. No front or back on a circular disk, just a top side and bottom side. Wouldn't work with spherical shaped UFOs either.

It's conceivable to have simulated "gravity" inside a spinning ship, but that's not gravity. That's centrifugal force which is pushing out, not pulling in.

2) How would a gravitational field deflect anything (such as a meteorite) that's in the path of the direction the ship is heading? Again, gravity attracts, not repel. You can't stop on a dime in space.

3) I'm still not clear on what you meant by "foreign gravity"? Are you talking about gravity on their home planet compared to Earth's gravity?
The following is a bit dated, but it is the fastest (and easiest) way to introduce you to this concept (and quite a few other concepts as well). This is the story of Bob Lazar. Now, I will admit that a few UFO researchers have openly questioned Bob's claims and his background, but hear the man out first and judge him for yourself.

First Bob passing a lie detector test...

Bob Lazar passes the lie detector test on UFOs - YouTube

What Bob had to say about the topic of alien visitation (the 15 min mark of this video is when Bob talks about artificial gravity specifically)...

UFO The Bob Lazar Interview - YouTube

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 12-14-2011 at 10:41 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 11:04 PM

63,575 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post

I believe he is referring to anti-gravity, Night.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe he is referring to anti-gravity, Night.
Thanks Mystic, that's what I was thinking too, but you never know.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 AM

33,514 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
Much like the discovery of artificial lightning (aka, electricity) artificial gravity will change our society forever. It is simply amazing what we can do, now that we've learned a few tricks with lightning. Thanks to that particular breakthrough, you (a guy in Canada) is talking with me (a guy in North Carolina) in almost real time; no pony express needed for this conversation. Just imagine how much artificial gravity would do for our society. Everything from our construction industry to our air travel would change for good.

In all honesty, my smartphone and computer that I use for blogging was considered "science fiction" 50 years ago. Don't confuse "fiction" with "what has not been discovered by our current science yet". There is a difference. Chances are, you're typing away on an example of this difference; a device that was "science fiction" back when you were a child. A lot can change in half a century Sans. We did go from the horse and buggy to space flight in only 50 years ya know.
Yes I realize that much of the technology we enjoy today was "predicted" by science fiction, perhaps one day we will be able to harness gravity, but as far as I know that day hasn't arrived...
I'm curious if you have read any Asimov, particularly the Foundation series.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 AM

33,514 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
the following is a bit dated, but it is the fastest (and easiest) way to introduce you to this concept (and quite a few other concepts as well). This is the story of bob lazar. Now, i will admit that a few ufo researchers have openly questioned bob's claims and his background, but hear the man out first and judge him for yourself.

first bob passing a lie detector test...

what bob had to say about the topic of alien visitation (the 15 min mark of this video is when bob talks about artificial gravity specifically)...
I think bob lazar is really accomplished at spreading manure, and my research tells me he is a complete fraud... bob lazar - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-18-2011, 12:49 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,186,813 times
a covered up saucer shaped craft transported down the highway. When the drivers of the truck were asked what the object was, they said it was an aircraft but would not elaborate. The object was shaped like a flying disk and it had no wings.

UFO On Truck Makes News 2011 - YouTube

image of object

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FsD16vMrGW.../UFO_Truck.png

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...112358/004.jpg

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-18-2011 at 01:08 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
a covered up saucer shaped craft transported down the highway. When the drivers of the truck were asked what the object was, they said it was an aircraft but would not elaborate. The object was shaped like a flying disk and it had no wings.

UFO On Truck Makes News 2011 - YouTube

image of object

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FsD16vMrGW.../UFO_Truck.png

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...112358/004.jpg
The shape looks similar to a B-2 Spirit Steath bomber with the wings removed for transport on the highways. Maybe it's a newer design.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:12 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,186,813 times
This has a round circular shape so I doubt its a stealth bomber. The main hull of the bomber is not circular even with the wings off. No doubt its an experimental craft but my theory is that its a back engineered craft and the cover story is that its a drone. Its too large to be a drone though. I don't believe this is a craft with the wings off. It would look very odd and would not be very aerodynamic for a circular craft to have wings.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
This has a round circular shape so I doubt its a stealth bomber. The main hull of the bomber is not circular even with the wings off. No doubt its an experimental craft but my theory is that its a back engineered craft and the cover story is that its a drone. Its too large to be a drone though. I don't believe this is a craft with the wings off. It would look very odd and would not be very aerodynamic for a circular craft to have wings.
Listen, i looked at that video more than once. I stopped it as where as much of it that could be seen was shown. Considering it was wrapped in tarp, there's no question that it looked pretty weird.

However, several months ago, I was traveling north on I-5 toward Salem. Parked along the freeway next to the rest area by the Santiam River, was a convoy of trucks, etc. A large object wrapped with tarps was secured to a trailer, much like what was shown in the video. In this case, it looked like it might have had very short swept wings, but it was really hard to tell. I just looked strange. It looked pretty wide, and it was, wide enought to take up almost two lanes, which is all the wider the freeway is until you get past Salem heading toward Portland. We kept going, but I had no idea what it was. My first thought was that it might be some kind of space shuttle or something. About a half hour later, I was headed south again, and it was still there. There were news trucks at that time. It was still wrapped.

Turns out that it was some kind of historical B-1 bomber being transported to Renton (I think) in the state of Washington. The reason for the weird shape is because the wings and tail had been removed for transport. Once it had arrived at Renton, the wings and tail were to be reattached again. Because of conditions along I-5, then only time to transport the aircraft was at night when traffic is much lighter. During the day, it remained parked.

I'm not saying the object in the video was a B-2 Spirit Stealth bomber, but the shape does resemble one. I think the B-2 Spirit bombers are quite a bit larger than what could be seen in the vid. But the B-2's do have that roundish shape, especially if the wings and tail were removed. What was seen in the video could well have been similar but smaller, maybe a new stealth fighter jet. Older stealth fighters look more blocky and angular, which is why I suspect it could be a newer design. But even so, there'd be plenty of packing which could give it a smoother appearance. And if it was a new 'secret' design stealth jet, then it's pretty obvious no one is going to say so. All that was said about it is that it was an aircraft.

As you mentioned, it might indeed have been a drone. What makes you think a drone can't be the same size and shape? Yes, I agree with what you said, that's it's probably an experimental aircraft, but it's a mighty big stretch of the imaginaton to presume it's some kind of back engineered craft which I presume you to mean an alien spacecraft.

Here's a video of the Oregon B-1 bomber. Closer than I could see in passing by.

B1 bomber on the freeway - YouTube

Last edited by NightBazaar; 12-18-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal