U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 AM

11,026 posts, read 24,905,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
They would come under attack from our military, 100% for invading airspace they are not authorized to be in. If a little green man landed in an open field he would be filled with lead before he made it off the ramp, Or taken into custody at best. National security would dictate it as a threat unless they were invited and to do that it would have to be made public knowledge.

Would love to see this in my life time if they truly exist.
Well one reason a highly advanced species would avoid landing in a area where they are likely to get shot or captured plus they would do a pretty through long term study on our planet and not just us but all life we are not the only intelligent species.

Plus we are a species that is one that I would avoid if I were a Advanced space faring species I admit that we would be interesting to watch but not one that is a rational, calm, logical at our current stage we cannot handle being told the truth if in fact we have had made contact or had proof they exist and it would be done only to protect us from ourselves.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 12:45 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,014,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think the question is "Why would the government cover up extraterrestrials?" but rather, Why would extraterrestrials cover themselves up?
Thank you! That's the real question, because they could do disclosure all on their own were they inclined to. That they are not is obvious. Why would they not? Perhaps they just want to use the planet for a stop-off place, a port to put in at, do repairs, re-provision, and rest before standing out to deep space again, and they know how we are.

We are a warlike species who's principle activities are tribal warfare and corruption. I can think of many reasons they would want to use the planet, while keeping their distance from it's inhabitants.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:21 PM

15,921 posts, read 18,339,151 times
^^^ Hit the nail on the head with tribal warfare and corruption...

Maybe the aliens are training their next planetary army?

Old 05-23-2015, 05:34 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,872,119 times
I dunno, I don't think that our warlike tendencies would disgust them so much they wouldn't have public contact ..... they're probably not like fundie church ladies shunning a member who is rumored to be adulterous or who shows too much cleavage and flirts with the pastor. They'd almost certainly have had an early history of conflict on our world just like us, they would have had to kill their food to eat it, and might have had to engage in warfare for access to limited resources.

I think they're just here out of curiosity. If you had the ability to roam the galaxy at will seeing the sights and learning things, wouldn't you? And scientific curiosity above all other kinds is never satiated.

The best way to sightsee for tourists is to watch a totally alien culture in action without disturbing it. As for science, there's always the Star Trek Prime Directive, right?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:50 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,872,119 times
The premier UFO researcher is physicist Stanton Friedman. Here's an article on possible propulsion systems:

Quote:
UFO PROPULSION SYSTEMS (1/2) «12»
By Stanton T. Friedman

If we deduce from the mountain of evidence that some flying saucers come to earth from nearby solar systems (there are one thousand stars within fifty-five light-years, forty-six of which are like the sun), we are immediately faced with two questions:

(1) How can a spaceship travel from a nearby solar system to earth in a reasonable time?

(2) Once here, how can flying saucers behave the way they are observed to behave? How do they achieve their reported high speed flight in the atmosphere (thousands of miles per hour), their ability to stop and start abruptly, to move up and down and back and forth seemingly with none of the limitations of conventional aircraft?

Typically there are no visible external engines...... Stanton Friedman - Articles: UFO Propulsion Systems (1)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal