U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,451,712 times

Advertisements

The whole space alien thing seems to me a modern reworking of angels, demons, elves, pixies, leprechauns, etc. People have always imagined spirits who revealed themselves only to the susceptible and used them as scapegoats for everything imaginable. Space aliens just have the veneer of science laid over the same old spirit thing. Hence they are remarkably similar to ourselves and can mate with us and produce fully fecund offspring. Yeah, right.

To believe in space aliens here on earth would mean Einstein was all wrong and the speed of light is not a barrier. Some like to posit there are wormholes in black holes that would allow huge bending of space so you could travel the huge distances instantly. Who knows, there could be such a thing, but the enormous gravitational pull of black holes would render any object, space aliens included, into it's subatomic elemental particles. Nothing could survive that. There is just no way any space alien could get here.

The odds are that there is life on other planets and probably even sentient life somewhere in this vast universe. But the odds of sentient life anywhere else in our corner of the universe is vanishingly small. The nearest star is some 4 light years away and intact organisms can't actually travel at the speed of light or even close to it. Getting there would take several lifetimes. Some 30 years of SETI searching for anything resembling radio signals has turned up nothing.

As for conspiracy theories, that is just ridiculous. The government couldn't even keep the nuclear explosive devices secret and they tried very hard. People just can't keep secrets. Somebody will always tell. But scams and frauds are all over the place.

I used to support the Planetary Society years ago until Carl Sagen started the idiotic SETI project. He should have known better being an astrophysicist. But his desire for space aliens overtook his common sense and scientific reasoning. It is just a new religion with as much truth to it as any other magical thing. So far, every single test has proven Einstein's theory of relativity correct.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,451,712 times
Ah yes, the military. Ever notice that most of the UFO sightings are in the desert? There have been some in marshy areas but those are marsh gas phenomena or ball lightening - natural phenomena. The military has a lot of weird experimental projects in their huge areas in the desert west. The stealth plane certainly could be taken as a weird UFO and they practice all sorts of things there. They will never admit to themselves being the source of the sightings, but it is the most likely cause. They spent years collecting the UFO reports and investigating them and never once came up with anything that wasn't military or natural phenomena.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:21 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,073,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
BTW here is the smoking gun to the Roswell Case. Here is General Ramey in front of the weather balloon wreckage....notice the memo he is holding......

Through todays modern technology we can actually blow up that memo and make out what it is saying.

The message turns out to be a telegram from Gen. Ramey to the Pentagon and Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg, the acting AAF Chief of Staff at the time. Ramey is providing Vandenberg an update on the very fluid situation in-the-field at Roswell.
The first paragraph describes what had been found. Ramey starts by acknowledging "THAT A 'DISK' IS NEXT NEW FIND." He then adds that "THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK" and something else (possibly just "A WRECK") had also been found near the recovery "OPERATION AT THE 'RANCH'." At the end it states that "YOU" (i.e. Gen. Vandenberg) had ordered the "victims" and/or the wreckage "FORWARDED" to " FORT WORTH, TEX."
In the second paragraph, Ramey describes how the situation was being handled. Ramey first states that something "IN THE 'DISC'", probably the bodies of the "forwarded" "victims" (and possibly termed "AVIATORS") would be flown by a B-29 Special Transport or C-47 to the "A1" (personnel director) of some "8TH ARMY****" division, most likely the head flight surgeon at Fort Worth given the context. Wright Field, Ohio, home of the AAF's aeronautical labs, was to assess the Roswell crash object (possibly referred to as an "AIRFOIL").
Finally Ramey outlines how the situation was being treated publicly and how they were going to cover it up. First he assures Vandenberg that the earlier highly inflammatory Roswell base press release (referred to as the "MISSTATE MEANING OF STORY") was the work of an Army counter-intelligence team ("CIC/TEAM"), but that the "NEXT SENT OUT PR" (Press Release) would be "OF WEATHER BALLOONS."
Ramey finishes with the statement that the weather balloon story might be better accepted if they also added weather balloon radar target demonstrations. This apparently was the impetus for the national debunking campaign using the devices that followed over the next few days.

This memo is the proof...further more the US government said in the 90s that it was just a top secret weather balloon operation....there was nothing secret about the balloon itself, because according to them, they used ordinary weather balloon....If thats the case, why was the "material" treated like it was a national security threat? Why did it take several planes to ship a weather balloon to Ft Worth Texas? because that IS documented. Why would they even ship an ordinary weather balloon to Ft Worth and then to Ohio in the first place? Why treat ordinary material like that? Its questions like these that skeptics continue to ignore. They refuse to look at the obvious holes in the government's story and the government's silly explainations.
so are the skeptics going to ignore this?

The fact of the matter is they havent been keeping it secret..Its been leaking out all over the place and they handle it by disinformation and hoaxes to discredit real events. Not all these sightings happen in the desert....remember the mass sighting of the pheonix lights in 1997. The governor then of Arizona said the object in the sky was bigger than two football fields and flew silently and slowly........thousands of people who saw it described the same thing. To put a lid on the situation, the government sent up planes and dropped flares and said thats what people saw. Ironically that operation was called "Operation Snowbird" Snowbird in military jargon means "diversion". Keep in mind we arent talking about a few crack pots. More than 50% of Americans believe that extraterestrial have been visiting earth. So believers are not in the minority.

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-16-2008 at 10:34 AM..

Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 AM

12,408 posts, read 17,399,170 times
I think there is so much disinformation about this topic that we cannot pretend to know the truth. I do think where there's smoke there's fire. So many people who claim abductions cannot be crazy. There is no other instance in history in which groups of people, all over the world, unconnected by training or cults, make the same claims.

I also believe we cannot know the technology these aliens have. They are supposed to be telepathic. They can probably implant thoughts, and who knows, give us a phoney past experience to report, things that do not seem to make sense.

I look for parallels to make sense of things.

I think 'miracles' have happened - spontaneous remissions, sometimes group prayer, there are successful experiments in psycho kinesis. This all seems random, uncontrolled. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. But peculiar things do happen.

There are some people who have a greater psychic ability than others. For every genuine psychic there are probably hundreds of self-deluded, or real, phonies.

Quantum physics seems to be a doorway into something that may eventually explain strange phenomenon. If humanity lasts that long. But we will all be dead then, so all we can do now is speculate and try to project.

Mathematically, the same math that explains our concrete reality, projects a seemingly ever increasing number of alternate universeses, parallel dimensions.

If all that is, is composed of these quantum strings, and we know that the mind can have influence over at least photons in certain circumstances, and we know that particles, being next to each other and then seperated by vast distances still can affect each other - well, does not this stuff seem to point to things passed down in magikal lore from ancient times? Might not our mental abilities and human consciousness open a path to these peculiar occurrances? Perhaps other beings' natural environment is in these realms and their activities just seem miraculous?

I am not a young person, and when I was a kid sci fi reading was considered sort of trash, akin to those sensational murder mystery magazines. The general public, in 'general', thought putting a man in space was both impossible and stupid to think about.

When the auto was invented, there was a fear that going over some awfully slow speed (I think it was 15 miles per hour) would cause irreversible damage to the human body.

People seriously believed we would never be able to fly in airplanes.

So, from past experience of public opinion and how wrong it has been, and from the direction some of our scientific and mathematical research is pointing and the implications, I would think myself a fool if I were to deny the reality of extraterrestial life.

One thing that I think is strange, is that when I was young most UFO sightings and interactions were with a race of humans who were kind and friendly. The things that seem now to be interacting with us are, indeed, alien and not friendly and seem to look upon us something as we do farm animals, as some lower creature that is to be experimented on and perhaps harvested.

Also troubling are the various cults that have sprung up, all talking about our loving and miraculous 'space brothers'. What they are referring to seem to be the first group of space humans, but whereas initially these creatures seemed to say they were very similar to us, but more advanced, these 'things' that interact with the cults seem to want to be thought of as powerful greek gods and saviors of humanity, etc, etc. It seems as though they are a projection of sorts. They evidently project 'love', stimulating the chakras. People are not used to having their logical self side stepped and feeling these phoney projected emotions. The 'culties' do not seem capable of applying logic to their encounters with the 'loving space brothers'.

Remember Louie Farrakhan, and how he said he was on the mother ship and the aliens there were black and would rescue his people? You can think that the guy was delusional, but when you look at these modern UFO cults, and consider that they are playing mind games with people/followers, you might also think Louie was duped by them as well.

So, I think something is going on, perhaps by several groups, but I don't know what any of them are really up to.

One thing I believe, just because someone does 'tricks' or 'miracles' or has 'powers' does not make them without their own personal agenda. Just because you might 'feel good' about something or someone does not make that thing good.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:56 AM

7,654 posts, read 10,279,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Well it just makes you question what OUR reall orgins are
UFO's are real, and they are here to make you question your real orgin. They have been around for a long time. Over the years reports of people who had close encounters with these craft often paint a pretty disturbing image as to who, or what their intentions are for the human race. In many cases, we here endless reports of abductions, and often those being abducted speak in horror of what things these beings did to them, which often involves the most strange and unusual medical procedures. And often preformed without any pain relievers. These beings donot appear to have what we would consider basic human compasion. They often are described as evil by those they effect. For some people not aware of their past activities, they look to such encounter's as perhaps the only chance for mankinds survival. They believe that these beings will finally come to earth and freely share their advanced knowledge with us. Yet on closer inspection, they donot apper to be the friendly sort so many hope for.

The Bible has some very profound statements that could be highly relevant to the alien phenomenom. Jesus tells us the time before judgement would be as in the days of Noah. (Matthew; 24:37) The days of Noah were when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, resulting in the nephilim. (Genesis;6:4) The book of Jude tells us the angels did not keep their first estate, and left their habitation. (Jude; 1:6) The book of (Thessolonians; 2:9) warns of a great deceiver, and that God will send a dillusion so that many might believe the lie. Jesus warns us against being deceived. John Keel is one of them most noted UFO researchers around, and in his book, "WHY UFO'S'', he states that as he was deep into to his research on the UFO phenomenom, he discovered he, and even his friends were often catapulted into the age old world of demonology. If these vistations by aliens are true, in light of the Bible, and considering the past experiences of others, we should be extremely cautious about extra-terrestrial encounters.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:21 AM

12,083 posts, read 35,836,262 times
One shred of evidence. Not mocked up, guessed at "memos" , not Bubba claiming to have a probe shoved someplace (where are the medical reports confirming penetration). Real honest to goodness evidence.

Area 51 and all those others, come on, think about it for a minute. All those people who work there and NOBODY makes a slip about a spacecraft from someplace else? I have know several people who have worked for the military on those bases, all have the same reaction to "ET's" after they get done laughing, that is.

All I ask is one real no BS shred of evidence if they really do exist and have been "visiting" for thousands of years. Haven't seen any yet, and frankly doubt I ever will in my lifetime.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 AM

7,654 posts, read 10,279,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
One shred of evidence. Not mocked up, guessed at "memos" , not Bubba claiming to have a probe shoved someplace (where are the medical reports confirming penetration). Real honest to goodness evidence.

Area 51 and all those others, come on, think about it for a minute. All those people who work there and NOBODY makes a slip about a spacecraft from someplace else? I have know several people who have worked for the military on those bases, all have the same reaction to "ET's" after they get done laughing, that is.

All I ask is one real no BS shred of evidence if they really do exist and have been "visiting" for thousands of years. Haven't seen any yet, and frankly doubt I ever will in my lifetime.
That's because there is a lot more going on than the physical. There are thousands of cases of people all over the world telling us the same story of contact with such beings. The stories are all to often the same, and this is happening all over the earth. If your looking for a space ship thats like looking for big foot. It is the contact stories that are the most revealing. I think what is going on is beyond the scope of the government. There are the rare cases where those who have been abductees appear to exhibit strange scarring, and radiation exposure. If you or your friends did a little more research and less laughing, you might consider some of that evidence.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 AM

7,916 posts, read 17,442,980 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
That's because there is a lot more going on than the physical. There are thousands of cases of people all over the world telling us the same story of contact with such beings. The stories are all to often the same, and this is happening all over the earth.
I think the reason that the stories are often the same can be blamed on Hollywood, not aliens. Christopher Walken was in a movie a number of years ago called Communion in which small humanoid looking aliens were abducting people. After that movie was released reports from supposed abductees started to emerge and guess what, the aliens looked just like the ones from this movie. There have been other phases of encounters with aliens in our recent history including a period in which people were describing the aliens as being extremely attractive and looking completely human. I suppose when a new blockbuster movie comes out some time in the future we'll see a shift from the "greys" as they're often called to some new form of alien.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post

first of all at Area 51 everything is compartmentalized. On the main Area 51 base itself there is NO ufo research going on..all that happens at a base near Area 51 called S-4. I happen to agree with what Campbell said that maybe theses beings are more spiritual in nature.

listen to this

Disclose.tv :: Video :: Chuck Missler- Return of the Nephilim part 2of12

also:

On the 13th March, 1989 the Space Shuttle 'Discovery' was launched. 20 hours and 45 minutes into the mission at 0642 hrs. Eastern Standard Time, the above message was heard from a Discovery crew member.
The message was recorded by Donald Ratsch in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. He is a member of the Goddard Amateur Radio Club, which monitors all NASA space flights.
Before this amazing message an amateur radio enthusiast in Ohio states that the crew of the Shuttle told Houston Mission Control that there was something wrong, "We have a fire". It is thought that this was a codeword for UFO and would alert Nasa that the Shuttle had a problem.
Straight after the transmission it is alledged by another radio enthusiast Mr. Oechsler that NASA instructed the crew to switch frequencies to a secure mode.
The incident was reported by the media and the tape played on LBC (London Broadcasting Company) from where the wav file was obtained.
For some time Nasa denied that the actual message was transmittted from a Shuttle mission. However Nasa spokesman James Hatfield has now stated that the tape is genuine but the incident was a hoax. The attached Wav file lasts for 37 seconds. The female voice at the start is a presenter from LBC who relates what the Discovery message says. You will then hear the message repeated 4 times. Of course the original message was only spoken once but to help you hear it clearly I have repeated it 4 times

here is the audio

YouTube - News; ET confirmed in NASA control room on Screen and Crew

Remember this was said on a secret channel and it doesnt sound like the astronaut was joking when he said it

Old 03-16-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
That's because there is a lot more going on than the physical. There are thousands of cases of people all over the world telling us the same story of contact with such beings. The stories are all to often the same, and this is happening all over the earth. If your looking for a space ship thats like looking for big foot. It is the contact stories that are the most revealing. I think what is going on is beyond the scope of the government. There are the rare cases where those who have been abductees appear to exhibit strange scarring, and radiation exposure. If you or your friends did a little more research and less laughing, you might consider some of that evidence.
also implants or metal pieces have been taken out of some of the abductees and its been documented on film.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal