U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:17 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,085,330 times

Advertisements

The book of Ezekial in the Bible...sound like a UFO encounter to me and the desciption matches today's UFOs

I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-- and immense cloud with flashing lighting and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings.

Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings, and their wings touched one another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved. (1:4-9)

Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body. Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning. (1:10-14)

As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went. their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.sounds like port holes (1:15-18)

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels... When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. (1:19-20, 24,) (New International Version)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 12:56 PM

25,736 posts, read 27,329,061 times
Great post back there, Tesaje. ^^ I couldn't give you rep points...I guess too many other people have recently! Sorry.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Ah yes, the military. Ever notice that most of the UFO sightings are in the desert? There have been some in marshy areas but those are marsh gas phenomena or ball lightening - natural phenomena. The military has a lot of weird experimental projects in their huge areas in the desert west. The stealth plane certainly could be taken as a weird UFO and they practice all sorts of things there. They will never admit to themselves being the source of the sightings, but it is the most likely cause. They spent years collecting the UFO reports and investigating them and never once came up with anything that wasn't military or natural phenomena.
I've heard this theory too, and WWII and the massive amounts of experiments in the desert areas, on the bomb, craft, etc., do coincide time-wise pretty much exactly with the extreme stepping-up of "sighting" accounts.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Okay...to goldengrain: I wanted to address this one not to pick on you (because you seem very bright and interesting and I am enjoying reading your posts) but simply because this one post addresses a lot of the questions I've had, too, and I've come to some conclusions. Some of your quotes are out of order...sorry. The copy/paste/copy/paste thing drives me crazy so I'll just bold your parts and leave mine un-bolded, if that's okay.

There is no other instance in history in which groups of people, all over the world, unconnected by training or cults, make the same claims. There is also no other time in history that we have been able to transmit information immediately to all other parts of the world, via our own technology (the radio, telephones and today, the internet). The "unconnected" reference isn't 100% accurate. The more people have had access to these stories via the technologies I've listed, the more stories have popped up. In other words...the more people across the globe have heard others' stories, the more claims have subsequently been made.

So many people who claim abductions cannot be crazy. Yes, they can. Well, not "crazy"---but neurotic, sure. Do you know how many people across the globe today can be classified as neurotic? Also, you don't have to be "crazy" (slobbering and sitting in a corner rocking back and forth) to be the victim of mass hysteria. When the brain has a general un-ease that it can't attribute to any one thing that it could avoid in order to lessen the bad feeling, it will assign something bad "out there" to blame, simply to save its own sanity, if that makes sense. It used to be the commies. In the middle ages, it was demons. Today, it's aliens.

One thing that I think is strange, is that when I was young most UFO sightings and interactions were with a race of humans who were kind and friendly. The things that seem now to be interacting with us are, indeed, alien and not friendly and seem to look upon us something as we do farm animals, as some lower creature that is to be experimented on and perhaps harvested. I personally don't think that's strange at all. When you were little, it was perhaps a more innocent time, when people trusted authority a bit more than they do now. So when people thought of "more advanced" or "more intelligent" beings, they thought of benevolent beings. Today, we highly question authority and even speak out against it, loudly, publicly and frequently, and we fear that authority does not have our best interests in mind. We also now espouse conspiracy theories against that authority--that the government is "using us," "deliberately withholding" things that would help us...in other words...hurting us. Hence, the "evolution" of aliens going from benevolent to malevolent.

Also troubling are the various cults that have sprung up, all talking about our loving and miraculous 'space brothers'. What they are referring to seem to be the first group of space humans, but whereas initially these creatures seemed to say they were very similar to us, but more advanced, these 'things' that interact with the cults seem to want to be thought of as powerful greek gods and saviors of humanity, etc, etc. It seems as though they are a projection of sorts. They evidently project 'love', stimulating the chakras. Here again you have a sign of the times. During the "hippie era," aliens were tiny Buddhas.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:27 PM

712 posts, read 1,864,177 times
UFO's/aliens are demons.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:02 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,683,940 times
Might I suggest people stop by their local bookstore and look at the book Why People Believe Weird Things by Michael Shermer. He wrote it so that you could read each chapter individually as to why we should be skeptical of certain things such as UFO, aliens, ESP, etc...

Read the chapter called "Abducted". It's Chapter six.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 AM

2,388 posts, read 5,607,627 times
UFO's are real. If I see something flying through the sky and I have no idea what it is...... it is an Unidentified Flying Object.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 AM

8,825 posts, read 6,695,553 times
You're right, molochai.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,085,330 times
I think the book of Ezekial in the Bible says it all.....its not a vague description of what Ezekial saw. Its very detail and he descibes exactly what people are seeing today.

1)"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-- and immense cloud with flashing lighting and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal"

-UFOs are metallic

2)"and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures"

-Whats interesting about this is that people always describe 3 to 4 beings in these UFOs

3)The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning

-The is the description of how UFOs fly. People describe them moving back and forth in zig zag motion as fast as lightning.

4)I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature

-Certainly UFOs are round like wheels.

5)Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around

-That sounds exactly like a description of port holes around the craft.

6)the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels

-Colonel Corso who said is was involved in the Roswell Cover-up said that it appeared that the UFOs were part of the extraterrestrials themselves almost like they were all one.

some say they are demons or fallen angels.....that may very well be true because they seem to be secretive about their agenda....remember Satan is is about deception and he is not going to show his cards. It was said by top governement officials that they have gathered "evidence" that these beings created us and had a hand in creating our religions. What better way to deceive mankind than to say there is no God or to portray themselves as gods. The fallen angels have been around for a long time and they must have been physical beings and not invisible spirits because the Bible says they produced offspring with human woman.

These hybrid offspring in the Bible were called the Nephilim. Nephilim was translate as the word "giants" but the root Greek word of that means "earth born". That suggests that the fallen angels were not earth born

In the Roswell hanger video the alien has 6 fingers. Whats interesting is that in ancient civilizations they created statue of their gods which were "non-human". The statues have 6 fingers. This is commom among different civilizations from different parts of the world. Remember, these are civilizations that had no contact with one another as well.

-Many of the statues at Easter Island have 6 fingers.

-The Inca god in Central America has 6 fingers.

-The gods of the The Hopi Indians of North America had 6 fingers. It was said there is a reason why Native Americans would hold their hand up when they greet another person.

-In Egypt, a relief on a temple wall shows a god that has 6 fingers.

- This statue from Kiev in Russia is supposed to be 4000 years old. Some say he is an alien in a kind of space-suit. But this god has 6 fingers.

-Goliath, the famous giant slain by the later king David, was about 12 feet (3,66 meters) tall. He was one of the last giants, the Anakim. These giants were the offspings of the sons of God (fallen angels) and the daughters of men (earth women), as citied in Genesis 6:4. Also Goliath, according to the Bible, he had six fingers and six toes

-The sumerian culture might be the oldest in the world - where civilisation was born. You can still find sumerian statues and encarvings showing their gods - with six fingers. Their gods taught them everything - even mathematics based on the six digits system. No wonder - since they had six fingers. The sumerian believed that their gods came from stars - the Pleiads.

As I said before, this is obviously real footage of the event that happen at Roswell in 1947. the being has 6 fingers. You can tell that these people are not acting and they are wearing the EXACT uniforms that the army and its generals would wear at the time. The film has obviously aged so its decades old and not hoaxed to make it look old. You can clearly see the difference in the hoaxed autopsy video. You get a pretty good sense that this is a REAL event taking place in this video. If any of those men are ever identified in this video as military officials from 1947, this will once and for all crack the case.

YouTube - Roswell 1947 Alien Footage!

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-17-2008 at 08:16 AM..

Old 03-17-2008, 08:01 AM

32,845 posts, read 18,659,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Not only that but even if there were intelligent life within an obtainable reach of us nothing says that they have the same technological capacity as we do either. Don't forget it's only been one century of the 4.5 billion years this planet has been around that we've been able to produce anything worth emitting into space.

On top of that, I want to know how these aliens have made their spaceships that apparently travel at near light speed and are able to avoid even the tiniest of space debris. Let's not forget... things travelling at that rate upon impact with even a rock the size of a dime would be utterly destroyed.
And let us bear in mind the technological advances made in the last 100 years alone boggles the mind~ at least my puny brain.

Suppose you told you told someone a hundred years ago that in the year 2004, the X-43A would be able to achieve a speed of 12,144 km/h (7,546 mph), or Mach 9.8?

That's like telling a sceptic that there is intelligent life on other solar systems.

The UFO question falls into the category of you can't prove they don't exist .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal