Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 12:20 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,055 times

Advertisements

I seen an extraterrestrial in the toilet once. It was really squishy and its head fell off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
I seen an extraterrestrial in the toilet once. It was really squishy and its head fell off.
A wise man once told me that where you put your attention becomes your reality.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Not amazing.... just more conspiricy theory stuff.

Those videos would only impress the gullible, but the danger is they could frighten children and/or those with an active imagination.
Some may be phoney, but so many governments now admit officially to their existance, and so many people from all walks of life have seen them, that phoney pictures or not, you'd have to have blinders on or be extremely fearful not to accept their presence.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
A wise man once told me that where you put your attention becomes your reality.
Aye. Just be careful where you take this.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Some may be phoney, but so many governments now admit officially to their existance, and so many people from all walks of life have seen them, that phoney pictures or not, you'd have to have blinders on or be extremely fearful not to accept their presence.
That's an excellent point. There is more evidence available to prove their existance than there is to prove there is a god. People all over the world have taken photographs, video, or given statements to eyewitness acounts. Yet for some reason many people remain skeptical of ET's and continue to pray to god.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius_dog View Post
That's an excellent point. There is more evidence available to prove their existance than there is to prove there is a god. People all over the world have taken photographs, video, or given statements to eyewitness accounts. Yet for some reason many people remain skeptical of ET's and continue to pray to god.
I know we are not suggesting prayer to ET's.

Christians are taught that there are 'many mansions'.

Physics is speculating on alternate or parallel universes.

We are living in a time in which the commonly shared reality which we operate in so comfortably may show itself to be all too restrictive, and but a tiny segment of all that is.

It is possible that the God we pray to differs from the image captured by some of our religions.

Eventually, if the planet and we survive long enough, our understanding will grow and we may look back at these times as those in which humanity operated through a delusion, seeing 'through the glass darkly'.

Yes, we should definitely base our opinions on common sense and logic, but not to the extent that we close ourselves to change and new ideas. There was a time when it was thought that the human body could not survive traveling in autos (I forget the speed) at 30 or 50 mph. There was a time in which air flight was thought to be a ridiculous concept.

There are times, in these days, in which both elements of science and religion tackle phenomenon with a cargo-cult mentality.

It is often best just to keep an open-ended speculation regarding the observation of unusual phenomina. People who change the world are often not the ones who laugh at new ideas.

Granted, most of our religious writings are given to us by earlier tribal peoples and their explanations of their experiences and observations may not be ours, given the same phenomena. So, we get bogged down in their dogma which is sometimes not a healthy thing for progress. Yet, things do occur which are 'religious' in nature and which, the same as with UFO's, may defy our present logic.

Although I would appreciate an explanation for every strange occurrence, I don't always expect one. I would rather keep my mind free and leave the problem as open-ended than cloud the issue by projecting some of our current restrictive and unsatisfactory explanations as 'solutions'.

Sometimes we are like the cargo-cults, and perhaps it would have been better for them to think there was somewhere a logical explanation for airplanes and white people bringing gifts instead of constructing dogma and ritual around these things.

To me, saying the near death experience is the mere firing off of neurons in the brain as it dies is doing the same as the cargo cult, which used its current state-of-the-art explanation to describe the 'miraculous'. Best to leave some things as unexplained so that in the future, when we know more, perhaps we can better arrive at an adequate explanation without having to fight through the dogma that our faulty current explanations are creating today.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
I have to agree. There are just too many high ranking officials coming out and admitting that UFOs are real. Religious contradictions are the real reason for the UFO cover-up.

just look at testimony from retired NATO Intelligence Analyst, Robert Dean and there are MANY others who hold or held high positions in office that have point blank said that extraterrestrials have been visting earth and the US government in collaboration with other world governments are keeping their presence secret.

Robert Dean talks about some of the ETs being "Mutidimensional" in religious terms, these are "spiritual" beings. The spirit world is actually another dimension. When we die, our soul or constiousness goes to another dimension in space/time.
Robert Dean has credentials a mile long. The things that he is saying is pretty startling and if you refuse to believe it, its because you are not ready to know the truth and you are really fearful of the truth. When you are satisfied with the "present reality", you are going to have a difficult time accepting the "true reality". Its kinda like the movie The Matrix. Would you rather stay plugged into the computer simulation and believe that it is real or would you rather know the truth that your life was nothing more than a computer program. Most people would not choose the latter. Im sure travelmate38 understands what im talking about.

CHECK THESE OUT

YouTube - UFO-Cliff Stone & Robert Dean

YouTube - Clifford E. Stone on Extra-Terrestrial Life Forms

YouTube - 62 KIDS ENCOUNTER UFOS AND ALIENS BEINGS

Last edited by gsoboi; 06-30-2008 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-30-2008, 05:01 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,588 times
I was in the cinema yesterday when I saw the X files movie trailer, just like the later seasons of the show I think it will suck but the theme tune is still as scary as ever

Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
some more interesting news thats being revealed....it could be related to UFO technology.

Some fear debut of powerful atom-smasher - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/06/30/doomsdaycollider.ap/index.html - broken link)

Old 06-30-2008, 06:43 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,713,465 times
Yes, they are real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal